SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

52 minutes ago, Spaz said:

@HemiakYou landed a spot in the top 50 fastest achievers. That's respect right there.

Playing the levels in order is pretty risky because I know for a fact that 5-20X and 7-20 in Dark Rapture and Light Cotton Alley respectively are much harder than 5-1X and 7-1. My nerves can't handle that, because I will more than likely die to something stupid at 5-20X, therefore ruining my entire run and having to start all over.

I'll get back to Super Meat Boy at some point, but probably not until I get 100 platinums since I have other games on my backlog I've been neglecting for the better part of two years.

Thanks man. 

I play them in order but I don't re start when I die. I just finish and move on. For Zombie I did 9-20, and then 1-8. I don't remember the Girl Boy order, but I'm pretty sure my good run started on 4 or 5. Impossible ended up going 8-20, and then 1-7. 

By the end 19 and 20x were more consistent than some of the early ones. Especially 7-9x. I had 13x and 15x wired but would still occasionally fail them, and if I had a dollar for every time 5-1x ended a run. :facepalm:

This way I also always knew what the next level was when one ended, without having to quit to the menu. What it boiled down to is every time I tried to tinker I'd completely get in my head and have terrible runs.

Oh yeah, I had one 15 level run end because Meat Ninja popped up on my screen at the start of 7-17x and I got hit with a bullet. :cry:

7 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Just earned the Plat last night and this is definitely the hardest thing I've ever done. Damn I had a blast with this game though.

Need to get my actual death count but it's around 11k, about 1.5k of those are my kids deaths though. My daughter has finished the hospital and most of dark forest. My son is close to getting the forest done, and he's done about half the hospital. :awesome:

@SpazDef do zombie boy before girl boy. You can switch characters during ZB, and can't during Girl Boy. During impossible you can't skip, and many of the X levels share similarities to the vanilla versions as well, so the time working on girl will help prepare you for Impossible. 

I didn't start keeping track until missile Boy but here are approximations of my time on each trophy. Thiw doesn't count my initial run through each level beating the game, just practice and attempts for the no death runs. 

Missile Boy - 4 hours

Demon Boy - 6

Maggot - 48 minutes :awesome:

Zombie - 8

Girl - 7

Impossible - 12

I know it's an unpopular stance, but I prefer to just play the levels in order. If I die I just finish the level and keep going. I find it way more stressful to try to organize everything and remember where I have and haven't played each run. For the final 3 trophies I literally forgot where I had last died and just kept playing, with no nerves because I didn't think I was close. 

I did post my zombie boy run on YouTube but I screwed up saving the other two runs. Sue me, I've only had the ps4 almost 4 weeks. :D

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who posted in this thread. Even though I've just been lurking, your tips and support helped a ton. 

Congrats!!! I didn't even know you were playing the game. Now it's time for you to finish Helldivers ?  

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

Congrats!!! I didn't even know you were playing the game. Now it's time for you to finish Helldivers 1f601.png  

That was the point. :D I hid all my ps4 games so noone would know I had it yet. The Meat Boy Plat was my reveal.

And Helldivers is done as far as I'm concerned. I've got the Plat and feel no desire to grind out all those samples just for one more trophy. 

23 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Oh yeah, I had one 15 level run end because Meat Ninja popped up on my screen at the start of 7-17x and I got hit with a bullet. :cry:

This happened to me when I went for Demon Boy. I was like "What the hell is going on?".

Still don't know how he shows up every once in a while.

Edited by Spaz

Was a level away from Zombie Boy and died because of the 5-15x glitch smh. So much for getting the platinum within a week. A bit too unrealistic for me.

Update: Finally got Zombie Boy. Just Girl Boy and impossible Boy now. 

Edited by DarkSamuraii-
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

I'm about to start this, I feel ready but also very scared of the extreme challenge, any tips from the veterens that have platinumed this or anyone at all? xD

Hey buddy! You just need patience, it may take awhile to get the hang of some parts (especially warp zones) but just keep practising. I'm planning to go back at some point and try get the plat, it was just taking so long and I have tons of games I want to add to my list. You'll definitely do it if you keep at it and it's great fun!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

I'm about to start this, I feel ready but also very scared of the extreme challenge, any tips from the veterens that have platinumed this or anyone at all? xD

Enjoy it, regardless of how hard it gets keep enjoying it because it feels so good to destroy this game.

Definitely one of my most enjoyable platinums, getting good at levels where you die endlessly and end up destroying by the end is so rewarding.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Enjoy it, regardless of how hard it gets keep enjoying it because it feels so good to destroy this game.

Definitely one of my most enjoyable platinums, getting good at levels where you die endlessly and end up destroying by the end is so rewarding.

35 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Hey buddy! You just need patience, it may take awhile to get the hang of some parts (especially warp zones) but just keep practising. I'm planning to go back at some point and try get the plat, it was just taking so long and I have tons of games I want to add to my list. You'll definitely do it if you keep at it and it's great fun!

Aww thank you guys :) Shouldn't really compare it to OlliOlli 2 but it's one of the rarest platinums I have currently, before I started OlliOlli I heard and read about how difficult it was and everything like that, tried it out myself and actually found it rather easy, a part of me wishes the same for this but honestly I don't think it's gonna be anywhere close to easy, I'll keep updating and 'bitch' if it becomes too much xD

Edited by AlcoholicDinosaw

6 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Aww thank you guys :) Shouldn't really compare it to OlliOlli 2 but it's one of the rarest platinums I have currently, before I started OlliOlli I heard and read about how difficult it was and everything like that, tried it out myself and actually found it rather easy, a part of me wishes the same for this but honestly I don't think it's gonna be anywhere close to easy, I'll keep updating and 'bitch' if it becomes too much xD

OlliOlli 2 is super exaggerated in terms of difficulty. SMB is a damn hard platinum don't get me wrong, but it's not "the hardest platinum in the world" as some people like to say. It all comes down to the player I guess, but there's definitely harder.

Edited by DarkSamuraii-
Grammar noob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Another thing, what would you recommend to play on, the PS4 or

Vita?

I'm just a few trophies away from the plat, and "Impossible Boy" is one of those. It's going to take me a little while to earn it, but I will. I can only tell you to practice/play the levels a lot and you'll eventually plat it.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Good luck man. As long as you stay determined, you'll definitely get it. We are all here ready to welcome you to the platinum club lol

• Like 1

Crypt of the Necrodancer is awful. You will hate the game and question your life choices before the time you're done. I'm taking a break from it. Too frustrating. Lowest of the low takes anywhere from 3-5 months of practice apparently. Thought I could do it faster, but this game has humbled me yet again but only practiced for about a month.

The game is a nightmare.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:05 PM, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Another thing, what would you recommend to play on, the PS4 or Vita?

The only tips I have are to look at the strategies in various videos posted on-line. There is some variety and diversity in strategies now, so you can pick which one you like best if you're struggling with a level.

Tip #2, don't give up. If you get frustrated, definitely take a few days off. Get well rested. You'll come back at the game better than before. Getting mad at games does not help you. If you find yourself raging, just stop. You will likely not make progress when you're mad and you will end up doing things you will regret. I've started to just stop playing if I get mad. No reason you can't pick it up after taking a few hour break or in a few days, even though it's tempting to keep trying.

Edited by Beatmania2dxs
  • Like 3

I've started the no death runs now that I finally got the Golden God trophy, I went through the Forest Light & Hospital Light with ease so there's two runs knocked out, the only level so far that's tested my patience is 7-15x Patience (hehe irony) and 7-19x XOXO, although that's probably because I sat through the entire of Cotton Alley Dark for the first time xD I found a good strategy for Patience and am learning the course for XOXO so I'm becoming more confident for the no death run but I don't see myself getting to that point for a long time it's scary xD Thanks for the tips and niceness folks, it's encouraged and motivated me to keep going depsite how hard it's becoming :D

Edited by AlcoholicDinosaw
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

I've started the no death runs now that I finally got the Golden God trophy, I went through the Forest Light & Hospital Light with ease so there's two runs knocked out, the only level so far that's tested my patience is 7-15x Patience (hehe irony) and 7-19x XOXO, although that's probably because I sat through the entire of Cotton Alley Dark for the first time xD I found a good strategy for Patience and am learning the course for XOXO so I'm becoming more confident for the no death run but I don't see myself getting to that point for a long time it's scary xD Thanks for the tips and niceness folks, it's encouraged and motivated me to keep going depsite how hard it's becoming :D

Don't worry about 7-19x,that's usually the hardest one until you figure out the timing for the final section, then it ironically becomes one the easier ones. If they're the only levels that are causing you real issues, then you should feel confident about the plat. Best of luck with the rest.

Edited by Smithy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

It's all about practice, you will fail a lot, but your confidence and determination will become stronger every time you fail. I were four and three levels away from earning "Impossible Boy" today but unexpected upwards and downwards slides screwed my streak, first on 7-6x (6x-9x were left) and later on 7-18x (18x-20x were left). Xoxo is not an issue anymore, the issue is completing all 20 level without dying.

"Patience" is easy, I "die" on that level once in a while, though.

I'm gonna give the trophy another try tonight.

Good luck.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 4

Little update as it's been a couple days and I've kinda missed you lovely folks, everything is going well on the game, currently working on Demon Boy and I'm comfortable on all the levels it's just getting that perfect run in place, so I'm slowly getting there, hopefully xD

I wanted to share some advice to the people who may be reading this who are going through what I'm going through and need some encouragement/motivation ;)

First of all, you can do it, even if you're thinking it's the most horrible and cruel challenge life could give you, you can do it, just keep going and practicing with it and you'll get it, all you need is that one run then you'll never have to do it again, keep playing it over and over and over, I used to think all the Dark worlds were immensely hard but now rather easy that a strategy and method is in place :D Obviously using the D-Pad makes it so much easier, and as many have stated before, using other characters for certain levels makes it incredibly easier too, unless you're on Cotton Alley, then you gotta know the course and your character pretty damn well but it's still very doable by you :) I'm playing the same way as @Hemiak played and let me tell you it is a lot less stressful doing it this way, it may seem daunting at first but you don't have to memorize where you died, or even come up with a hard-to-easy list or anything of the like, you just carry on and continue getting experience and even better with the levels as you go on through the world, still it is personal preference but I find it a lot easier to be calmer this way, especially if you consider every run a "practice" run and end up surprising yourself by having a shiny trophy pop up on the screen xD

I apologise that this isn't a bitching post, I'll update again once I'm trying out no death runs on Cotton Alley, with bitching no doubt;)

• Like 3

On 7/13/2017 at 9:05 PM, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Another thing, what would you recommend to play on, the PS4 or Vita?

I'm writing a guide for this at the moment, going to have it up on this site as quickly as possible

Play on a PS4, just don't even try on Vita

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I'm writing a guide for this at the moment, going to have it up on this site as quickly as possible

Play on a PS4, just don't even try on Vita

It's doable on Vita, I haven't done it yet though, but I've been this close. Actually, my best streak was 17 levels a couple times, 16, and 15 as well. If there hadn't been for the fact that I made stupid mistakes or refused to leave an easy level (18x) when it was obvious one Oob was going to get me, and there were only easy levels to complete, I would've platinumed this game any of the last few days.

The pressure is real, thoughts about failure plague my mind everytime I'm close or in the right path, and now I don't feel comfortable with the right shoulder button of my Vita, I hope this is just temporary. Despite all of that, I won't give up. I will get this plat soon, very soon.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2