Tidux reports that Fallout 4 on ps4 has framerate issues.

EliteGamer1983

Most people can only tell a decrease in performance once the fps reaches below 18 fps. Meanwhile, the highest the human eye can tell a difference is maxed out at 60 fps. Everything in between depends on the person. Some people can tell a huge difference between 18 and 60 while others can only see a minimal difference.

I'm one of those dbags that CAN tell a huge difference between 30 and 60. I say this is because my eyesight isn't great as it is, so I tend to focus more on the movement and fluidness of a game opposed to the small details spiced in with the graphics.

It's different for everyone. Therefore, don't shat on someone for caring about something that may seem insignificant to you, because others can tell a difference and DO see it as significant.

Also, Tidux said it reaches below 10 so irregardless, you'll tell a difference once it drops (actually read the whole post to understand). Whether you actually care is another thing.

• Like 1

When you limit yourself, you deserve to be hindered. 

I would much rather see Bethesda take out 200 of the useless caves and a few miles of useless empty wasteland and have the game work properly...but then I am crazy for expecting my game companies to release a product that works right out of the box. 

Unfortunately, developing doesn't work like that anymore. We first need to know if the game is cpu or gpu heavy and what is bottle-necking it on the PS4 first, then we need to see if the competing platforms have been affected by the same problems.

No gaming companies release gpu/cpu intensive games without a patches anymore due to risks. 

PC elitists are going full retard in the comments section of that article.  :facepalm:

Too bad they can only play crappy indie exclusives games like FNAF while we get all the good AAA exclusives like Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, The Last of Us, Horizon, etc, and in the end is all that matters: PLAY, 1080p and 60 FPS means nothing if you can only use them in indie games from indieSteam and multi platform games that everybody else is enjoying in their owns consoles too.

PS: Bethesda was always TERRIBLE with making their games run properly, The Evil Within was a pain in the ass to play because of that, same with their old game Call of Cthulhu which I remember was also horrible to play because of its technical issues.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Too bad they can only play crappy indie exclusives games like FNAF while we get all the good AAA exclusives like Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, The Last of Us, Horizon, etc, and in the end is all that matters: PLAY, 1080p and 60 FPS means nothing if you can only use them in indie games from indieSteam and multi platform games that everybody else is enjoying in their owns consoles too.

PS: Bethesda was always TERRIBLE with making their games run properly, The Evil Within was a pain in the ass to play because of that, same with their old game Call of Cthulhu which I remember was also horrible to play because of its technical issues.

1.No one is checking Until Dawn, lol.

2.UC4 is going to be good but in the graphical and frame-rate department, Gears of Wars;UE will come close in graphical display and smash it in frame-rate. Even the One version is a 60FPS and more faster than UC4. 

3.Left for Dead(The series),StarCraft (The series),X-COM 2,DOTA and many more are coming and they ain't indie exclusives. 

4. When people like you stop abusing other consoles because you find them inferior maybe you can mock them because they have no reason to mock you. 

People hate it when others start to bully them. 

I find it disappointing from the perspective that this generation's big-budget AAA titles are already maxing out what these consoles can handle, only a year or two in.

Yeah, it could be a poorly developed game.  Yeah, "it always takes a few years for developers to get acclimated and fully utilize the hardware".  That being said, they don't have the "complicated hardware" excuse they had with the PS3 anymore... and even on the PS3, framerate wasn't really an issue in Bethesda games unless it was the result of something more sinister (ie. memory leaks).  And I believe Fallout 4 is the same ol' engine Bethesda always uses for these games.  Honestly, there aren't many games that have *wowed* me yet this generation, from any developers really, and it's just looking more and more evident that the PS4 probably came out a few years too early and developers are writing checks this growingly obsolete hardware can't cash.

Want to know where The Evil Within ran fine?  On the PC. xD  Though Bethesda was only the publisher on that.  Tango Gameworks developed it.

Though I agree the Playstation exclusives are a sight to behold compared to what the PC offers.  Not because of hardware limitations, I assure you, but rather because PC developers don't have that kind of budget without Sony, Microsoft or a similarly large company backing them financially for the rights.

That being said, Ryse: Son of Rome is on the PC, a biggie in the graphical department and a great game all around.  Gears of War Ultimate Edition is coming to PC, and Microsoft will most likely continue to bring AAA titles over to PC (because of Windows 10) that Playstation gamers will never have a chance to enjoy.  And, as unimpressive as indie titles are typically on the graphical end of things, The Stanley Parable is probably my favorite game of all time.  Layers of Fear is shaping up to be one of the best horror games I've played, especially with Silent Hills out of the picture and P.T. no longer available.
Edited by PleaseHoldOn

People have been playing the game for the last few days... and now we've got one guy... saying he's getting frame drops. Also, I've never heard of the site in the link. Click bait be clickin. There's no fallout news to report, so lets draw in those who'll bash the game no matter what. I know 2 people who are playing the game, and have *almost 0 problems. Plus, there's most likely a day one patch that none of the people who are playing right now have access to. 

*Edit: By almost, I mean the only things they've come across is head shotting someone, and their body goes flying... and some npcs having pathing issues.... 

Edited by KratosTheMighty

People have been playing the game for the last few days... and now we've got one guy... saying he's getting frame drops. Also, I've never heard of the site in the link. Click bait be clickin. There's no fallout news to report, so lets draw in those who'll bash the game no matter what. I know 2 people who are playing the game, and have *almost 0 problems. Plus, there's most likely a day one patch that none of the people who are playing right now have access to. 

*Edit: By almost, I mean the only things they've come across is head shotting someone, and their body goes flying... and some npcs having pathing issues....

Pretty sure the patch is out. The article I came across said they already had 1.01 installed. Tidux is pretty reliable and hints at a lot of stuff Sony later ends up announcing. Has been mostly correct with the last couple firmwares.

I have seen some videos with the framerate dipping pretty low but all of them where while they are in buildings. Unity and other games have had similar issues so I wonder if it is a problem with Sony's API. Its annoying to me but I can see it not bothering people. It doesn't effect me either way because I don't plan on buying it for a couple months. I have an insane backlog and I have patience to wait for a couple patches.

1.No one is checking Until Dawn, lol.

2.UC4 is going to be good but in the graphical and frame-rate department, Gears of Wars;UE will come close in graphical display and smash it in frame-rate. Even the One version is a 60FPS and more faster than UC4. 

3.Left for Dead(The series),StarCraft (The series),X-COM 2,DOTA and many more are coming and they ain't indie exclusives. 

4. When people like you stop abusing other consoles because you find them inferior maybe you can mock them because they have no reason to mock you. 

People hate it when others start to bully them. 

Yeah you must be that kind of person that when PC beggars start to say they are superior than console gamers you don't say anything but when a console user say it you loose your head lol specially when you always attack whoever says something bad about your beloved bad_ports-indie_exclusive-PC.

1- What do you mean that "No one is checking Until Dawn"? it had great reviews + great sales + it was a huge success on YouTube + they are already talking about a sequel.

2- Nobody cares about that if the XOne still its selling less than the PS4 worldwide (failure on sales on Europe and Japan, and even in USA the PS4 sells more) so nobody cares.

3- LFD is also on 360 and the other games aren't exactly AAA awesome-graphics like Uncharted 4.

4- Half the indie games available on indieSteam (or at least the good ones) comes to PS eventually like Among the Sleep, Overwatch, Rocket League, etc

I find it disappointing from the perspective that this generation's big-budget AAA titles are already maxing out what these consoles can handle, only a year or two in.

Yeah, it could be a poorly developed game.  Yeah, "it always takes a few years for developers to get acclimated and fully utilize the hardware".  That being said, they don't have the "complicated hardware" excuse they had with the PS3 anymore... and even on the PS3, framerate wasn't really an issue in Bethesda games unless it was the result of something more sinister (ie. memory leaks).  And I believe Fallout 4 is the same ol' engine Bethesda always uses for these games.  Honestly, there aren't many games that have *wowed* me yet this generation, from any developers really, and it's just looking more and more evident that the PS4 probably came out a few years too early and developers are writing checks this growingly obsolete hardware can't cash.

Want to know where The Evil Within ran fine?  On the PC. xD  Though Bethesda was only the publisher on that.  Tango Gameworks developed it.

Though I agree the Playstation exclusives are a sight to behold compared to what the PC offers.  Not because of hardware limitations, I assure you, but rather because PC developers don't have that kind of budget without Sony, Microsoft or a similarly large company backing them financially for the rights.

That being said, Ryse: Son of Rome is on the PC, a biggie in the graphical department and a great game all around.  Gears of War Ultimate Edition is coming to PC, and Microsoft will most likely continue to bring AAA titles over to PC (because of Windows 10) that Playstation gamers will never have a chance to enjoy.  And, as unimpressive as indie titles are typically on the graphical end of things, The Stanley Parable is probably my favorite game of all time.  Layers of Fear is shaping up to be one of the best horror games I've played, especially with Silent Hills out of the picture and P.T. no longer available.

1-Last time I checked TEW game run poorly on PC also

2-Ryse is also on XOne so not really a PC-exclusive title, (they also said that they wanted to port it to PS4 someday, use Google)

3-Gears also on XOne.

4-Same with with all the other great PS titles that they will not enjoy like Bloodborne, The Last of Us (most well awarded game of all time, +300 GOTYs), The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Quantic Dream games, Media Molecule games, Sucker Punch games like infamous, all the other Naughty Dog games, etc...

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Guys, how about we keep this thread on topic. If you want to argue about PC vs. console then do it in the appropriate thread. 

Parker

Well, that's no fun.  You can't just expect me to ignore the belligerence in Finozzi's response to me.  Oh well, taking it to PM.  Without the risk of public shaming, I'm guessing he won't respond though.

Either way, I actually switched my preorder from PC to PS4 last second.  I want the trophies.  :lol:  Guess we'll see how good or bad it is.

Actually the problems Fallout 3 had on the PS3 when it was new was insane, so yes this is a valid topic for those that have been burnt before. Either way, I have the XB1 version of FO4 and it's definitely buggy though the biggest let down is the last gen like graphics that strike you in the face like turd tornado.

• Like 1

Actually the problems Fallout 3 had on the PS3 when it was new was insane, so yes this is a valid topic for those that have been burnt before. Either way, I have the XB1 version of FO4 and it's definitely buggy though the biggest let down is the last gen like graphics that strike you in the face like turd tornado.

The last Gen graphics isn't a surprise. You can see it from the trailers as well.

The last Gen graphics isn't a surprise. You can see it from the trailers as well.

I didn't watch the trailers :) It hit me like I said. It's obvious they're using the same engine as Skyrim/FO3 and sure I've watched a few videos now claiming PS4 is a lag fest. However it's day one and I the only reason I have the Xb1 version is because I had allot of dollars on XBLA. I mean don't let this put you off, it's still a good game.

You shouldn't say "if you want something better go play a different game" that isn't a way to praise a company?

Seriously, it is OK to be a fan of something but still be annoyed when they do something stupid. Blind and hostile loyalty to something you had no hand in creating is kind of weird. Bethesda's problem has always been they want something bigger and bigger but they have never bothered to actually make sure their huge project works correctly. They just release it and hope the community patches it enough to make it playable.

I would much rather see Bethesda take out 200 of the useless caves and a few miles of useless empty wasteland and have the game work properly...but then I am crazy for expecting my game companies to release a product that works right out of the box. This is one of the reasons I refuse to buy a Bethesda game at launch because I don't feel it is worth it until 4-5 patches have come out and fix the glaring problems.

I'm a fan and I acknowledge the issues Bethesda has with their games. That however won't make me stop playing the franchises I love. Fallout New Vegas froze every 5 seconds and the fps went to 0 a few times but I still played the game. Skyrim had a average of about 10-20 fps and would crash constantly. I'm still going to get the game though and tbh I would much rather have these issues on a complex rpg rather than a game that releases yearly like Assasains Creed.

Pretty disappointed to be honest the game has way more than frame rate issues died before and spawned floating just off the floor with my arms stretched out like Christ. I was right next to a door so pressed x hoping it would give it a good jolt same thing outside all I could do was spin. I've had multiple crashes as well. Really hoping for a quick patch for this game. (I have the patch that was available all downloaded)

Oh these aren't my only issues just my most mentionable ones.

Edited by Dan_WatsonAU