2nd Annual PSNProfiles Guide of the Year Awards - Nomination Thread

Platisfaction

I vote for God of War Ascension collectibles guide. I like to have written guides when it comes to collectibles, so I can say I've seen a fair share of those on the internet and this one does exactly the same, however it's so detailed that you clearly know where the collectible is when you reach the area that you're previously read about. Basically makes the collectibles a breeze, especially because they're missable.

• Like 1

The only guide I heavily used this year was The Birth by Sleep Guide. It is a very well-written guide. I know blindmango won't get anything from it if it wins, but nice work, nevertheless.

Also, If I publish a guide in December, will it still be eligible for next year's Guide oTY?

I am going to vote for Resident Evil HD's guide by Darkharmonixer. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy the game but after seeing that the platinum was manageable through this guide, I did buy it and really enjoyed it. The steps are laid out perfectly and very well organized, and there were a lot of very useful tips for some of the tougher playthroughs.

I'd like to nominate this guide: http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3358-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-THE-PHANTOM-PAIN-Trophy-GuideI know some will think I'm nominating it solely because at a quick glance at my username and games that I the love Metal Gear Solid series, but that's not the case. I like how the guide went in depth with it's explanation for about every trophy rather than most guides where it just says, "Just do what the aforementioned trophy description says" as well as recommending equipment you should bring into a mission whilst not spoiling anything for you. I'm also pleased that the author of the guide keeps up to date with the game''s patches, such as when the most recent patch tried to disallow players from grinding that the author found an exploit to bypass this. 

And for anyone who doesn't want to read any of the above... TL;DR: It's a damn great guide. 

• Like 1

I am going to vote for Resident Evil HD's guide by Darkharmonixer. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy the game but after seeing that the platinum was manageable through this guide, I did buy it and really enjoyed it. The steps are laid out perfectly and very well organized, and there were a lot of very useful tips for some of the tougher playthroughs.

this was unexpected, i thank you for this and glad the guide helped you out. i am planning to make one for Zero as well (if i have the time)

EDIT:

This post alone made it worth my time to write that guide.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 3

You need to provide reasons for your nomination. See the OP for details. If you totally agree with another person who already voted for that guide of course you don't need to rephrase their reasons, but please at least quote them and tell us that you have nothing more to add. xD

Apart from that one, all votes above have been tallied and the OP has been updated. Keep voting! :D

Edited by Platisfaction

This has been a tough decision as I have used several guides on here  (~˘▾˘)~

My nomination goes to Lothym for Duke Nukem Forever, his guide is just amazing, this game was so damn annoying/terrible, I hated it from the load times to the god awful graphics.

This guy deserves props for going all out and making a really good step by step guide on how to kick ass and chew bubblegum!   ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

I nominate the guide Battlefield: Bad Company by Potent_DelusionsI nominate this guide for its great explanations & trophy descriptions. It has well written explanations for each of the wildcards and how to get them, as well as a few of the trophies & patches (by trophies, I mean in-game awards, not actual trophies). It has talks about everything you'll need to know if your going for the plat. It tells you what to look out for and what to avoid. The guide also has good strategies and methods to getting these trophies. It talks about what to do if I can't get a trophy to unlock. And the best part, it has good step-by-step instructions on how to get the trophies. 

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to this site, and I came across this thread where it said I could nominate any guide of my choice. Is that correct?

If so, I would like to nominate this guide please (by Garciafever):

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/2399-Criminal-Girls-Invite-Only-Trophy-Guide

The reason why is because when I was looking on another site for help regarding some of the bosses, this said site didn't provide enough information. That's when I saw the guide on this site. The way that Garciafever has given an explanation on the enemy's moveset and how to prepare in advance really helped me a lot (especially how it was all in video form). 

Edited by Momijiwolf69

I'd like to nominate this guide http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3358-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-THE-PHANTOM-PAIN-Trophy-Guide

Since it's very well written, best guide of this game I have seen on any trophy site, is regularly made sure all information is correct and is very clear and easy to understand for someone who has never played a MGS game yet, but will be using when he eventually plays the game

I'd like to nominate the Mind=Zero guide created by hasegawa2010.

This game is long, hard and boring and this guide was really useful. I saved countless hours by using the maps and the checklists. I probably wouldn't have gotten the plat without this guide.

Also, the game is not played by many people so I was very happy that someone took the time to make a guide for it.

Edited by PoupiMyu

I'll nominate to Shakilrahman96 for Hyperdimension Neptunia guide, because the guide was really useful, clear and help a lot saving time with a good strategy to get shares for every nation in the game.

It will help to obtain the desired trophies for each step of the adventure.
It is very well explained , well argued and well ordered in relation to the history of the game.

The member Shakilrahman96 deserves the award.

I'm going to nominate MarsipanRumpan for his Shovel Knight Guide.

I used this guide for about 2 weeks and it's never been more helpful to me than any other guide, everything was clear and it really helped me get very far in the game.

Each trophy was very well written and the tips and strategies section gave some really helpful tips on beating the bosses and their attack patterns.

• Like 1

I would like to nominate this guide.http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3112-Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Trophy-Guide by Shakilrahman96 I used to play this game a lot on my old PSN account until it got hacked but the 1st game has a LOT of missable content. Not only does this guide highlight how to not miss any of this it also explains some of the really complicated in-game controls and mechanics extremely well like the share system. Definitely going to go for the platinum this time around! Great work!!"

Although I was unable to platinum the game due to a save glitch, I have to say the Bloodborne guide by Saltyie and Platsifaction was not only a great overall guide, but I credit the FAQ section with helping me get into the game after initially not liking the changes from the Souls' games. The clear information and recommended levels for the bosses, the strategies for the various bosses and the collection of tips & information for the chalice dungeon is all high quality and very well presented. By some distance the best guide I have personally used this year.

• Like 2

I've finally gotten my internet back after moving, I forgot about the GuideOTY awards! 

Admittedly I haven't used a ton of guides this year, but my favourite has to be StrickenBiged's Bastion trophy guide. For a smaller title it's got some bastard hard levels that can get really frustrating, and I feel that the guide expertly lays out what strategies I should use, and I managed to complete 1 of the 4 dreams (albeit the easiest) using some of the methods posted. So there's my nomination ;)

• Like 2