Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - PSX 2015 Trailer

I think I'm about the only one who didn't like Ni No Kuni. So many little annnoyances added up to a thoroughly frustrating experience that everyone only praised because of the name Studio Ghibli attached to it. 

The only gripe I had about it was the AI system. I really hope they upgraded it! 

Level 5 always with good voice acting.

What do you mean by this? We haven't heard voice acting yet :awesome:

I think I'm about the only one who didn't like Ni No Kuni. So many little annnoyances added up to a thoroughly frustrating experience that everyone only praised because of the name Studio Ghibli attached to it. 

Ghibli environment > everything :awesome:

The only gripe I had about it was the AI system. I really hope they upgraded it! 

I could go on about everything wrong with it....so I will. 

The tacked on White Witch subplot, the badly rendered Ghibli cutscenes literally just being ported from the DS version (which we also disappointingly never got and it seems like no one wants anyway), the lack of any real involvement from Ghibli at all on the PS3 version which is evidenced by the fact that the actual ending is incredibly lacklustre and goes for about 30 seconds as opposed to the fake out ending which is this lavish cutscene (and was the ending of the DS game). Oh yes the AI was dreadful, and of course you only get the ability to command them all to defend themselves right AFTER it would have been useful (and even then it's still quite unreliable), not to mention them blowing through all of their MP in literally 2 seconds the minute you relinquish control of them.

The damage sponge bosses compounded by the terrible AI, the criminally low recruitment rate for familiars which is purely reliant on chance and an incredibly low chance at that (we're talking less than 5% for some of them and of course you have to get basically all of them and there's like 250 of them or something), the repetitive and condescending sidequests and tutorials, the half-dub, the lack of any variety of battle music, the fact that you could beat the game using just the starter familiars.

There is so much wrong with that game that it amazes me that it was acclaimed. It's not a particularly bad game; a 7/10 at best but everything about it is so unpolished that I feel that it's an incredibly overrated game. And yes I did finish it. 

I haven't finished Ni No Kuni yet. But it doesn't seem like they're tied, a new cast or some shit like that. It looks like fucking Olivers kid. Anyway, will we see Drippy in this game, I sure hope so. If its tied to a spoiler of the story in one, just don't tell me because I will play it later on. 
I want Drippy. 'Borin game without Mr. Drippy innit lad?'

I could go on about everything wrong with it....so I will. 

The tacked on White Witch subplot, the badly rendered Ghibli cutscenes literally just being ported from the DS version (which we also disappointingly never got and it seems like no one wants anyway), the lack of any real involvement from Ghibli at all on the PS3 version which is evidenced by the fact that the actual ending is incredibly lacklustre and goes for about 30 seconds as opposed to the fake out ending which is this lavish cutscene (and was the ending of the DS game). Oh yes the AI was dreadful, and of course you only get the ability to command them all to defend themselves right AFTER it would have been useful (and even then it's still quite unreliable), not to mention them blowing through all of their MP in literally 2 seconds the minute you relinquish control of them.

The damage sponge bosses compounded by the terrible AI, the criminally low recruitment rate for familiars which is purely reliant on chance and an incredibly low chance at that (we're talking less than 5% for some of them and of course you have to get basically all of them and there's like 250 of them or something), the repetitive and condescending sidequests and tutorials, the half-dub, the lack of any variety of battle music, the fact that you could beat the game using just the starter familiars.

There is so much wrong with that game that it amazes me that it was acclaimed. It's not a particularly bad game; a 7/10 at best but everything about it is so unpolished that I feel that it's an incredibly overrated game. And yes I did finish it. 

So odd. While each experience is different, I had very little of the gameplay problems that you experience. In particular, I never had trouble getting characters to defend, I only rued MP use a couple of times, and familiars (even gold ones!) weren't that had to capture. Maybe it's because I've cut my teeth on other more grindy games.

On the other hand, finishing the errands was an exercise in frustration, mostly because the rewards were useful...for other errands only. But Ni No Kuni is probably the only JRPG this generation that reminded me of the excellent SNES and PS1 JRPGs of the past.

But anyway, I'm totally stoked for this. I'm glad Level 5 seems to have cut bait on WKC, and is moving back to their better games.

Edited by starcrunch061