Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

I'd like to have Ace Combat 4, 5 and Zero (aka the good Ace Combats) with trophy support. I think they need some remastering of assets, like adding more trees and building to ground. It would be great to try and get a (fun) flight sim plat.

Also Front Mission 4 and 5. There is SRW, but this was basically the only ever real robot tactical RPG and it's now dead.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Won’t ever happen, but I’d love to get a remaster of an old Konami game called Shadow of Memories (Shadow of Destiny in the US I think?)

It was a kind of weird time-travelling game with truely some of the worst, most Tommy Wiseau-esque voice work I’ve ever heard, but I loved that game so much back then! 

• Like 2

Back in September of last year there was a leak saying GTA: Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and Max Payne 2 were rated by the ESRB for PS4...but there hasn't been anything on it since. And since Rockstar have been the front runners of the PS2-to-PS4 games, I figured it had to be true.

Needless to say, I was excited for all 4 of those and have been waiting ever since...but after 9 months I'm willing to say it was fake news.

Other than that, I want games that are very unlikely such as:

WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth

WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2006

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Need for Speed: Underground 1 and 2

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

There's a few others I'm forgetting.

Edited by TheViper4Life

Would love to see:

Suikoden III-V

Wild Arms 4, 5, & Alter Code F

Xenosaga series

I guess they’ve ditched the whole idea of bringing PS2 games over. Wasn’t the Jak collection the last few brought over?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a nostalgic, so I say every Crash and Spyro, just like they did with Jak and Daxter. Also, I wouldn't mind if they also put The Lost Frontier on the list... Then I would also say Ape Escape 3: I had played a lot of times when I was a kid, I would really be happy if they put it. They've put Ape Escape 2, so why not the third chapter?

And in the end... The three Tekkens for Ps2: Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4, and Tekken 5. I love the series, so it would be great to play again these three games with the Trophies support and, maybe, the Online.

• 6 months later...

God, I'd totally never thought about how we could have Fatal Frame series on the PS4 and with trophy support until I read this first post to the thread. I officially hate you hardcore, OP - because it will *NEVER* happen with whatever deal Nintendo has where they essentially now own the series exclusively. It just ain't something that is even remotely possible, that they'd go and allow Sony to have the series again in any capacity. But... oh... Crimson Butterfly on PS4 with trophies?!? Ohh... what a dream.

And I'd also kill to have Silent Hill 4 in particular on the PS4. There's just no way of realistically playing it save hooking my old PS2 back up, and I've just never felt compelled to do that. But having that with trophies alongside the SH 2+3 rerelease a few years back... it'd sure be a nice way of reviving the IP, even just a little bit.

But really though, some serious hate for the Fatal Frame reminder. Something that I'd never even bothered to stop and consider, and something that won't ever transpire. Thanks for that. :)

Tales of the Abyss

Tales of Legendia

Arc the Lad: End of Darkness

Atelier Iris 1-3

An offline version of Final Fantasy XI (like I've heard Square was considering)

Grandia Xtreme

And, to echo some posters from above, Dragon Quest VIII, Persona 3 and 4, Ape Escape 3, Grandia II and III, Suikoden III-V, Xenosaga series, and Wild arms 4, 5, and Alter Code F

Basically more JRPGs in general.

Edited by Hero_of_Time_507
Typo
  • Like 1