10$ PSN Card Giveaway! (Version. 1.01) **Giveaway Has Ended**

Xel

Nice giveway, Xeliot. My story is one of a tragic trade-in, back in the SNES/Genesis days.

A friend gave me his copy of the Genesis/Mega Drive game "Atomic Robo Kid" for Xmasm, in December 1992.

I had a SNES at the time so I decided to try and trade it in, before the whole trade-in business was really estabilished.

In my young mind I thought, " A game for a game" system. 

So me and my dad went to a shop to exchange my copy of the less prestigious "Atomic Robo Kid" for the hyped "Final Fantasy II" for the SNES.

Turns out some games out-value others and my father had to pay 60 dollars in the exchange, much to his anger and my blissfull naivity.

Had a Merry 92', thought! 

post-89764-0-96511700-1451245605_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 1

My worst was when I went shopping with my sister to a mall about 40 miles away from home while we where there I figured I'd check out the Gamestop. I go in, pick up a couple of used games and when I get home to play one of them, empty case. The guy forgot to put the disk in the case. So I had to drive all the way back there to get my game. Thankfully they were cool about it and gave me the disk with no problems. After all that driving because of that mistake I now always watch those Gamestop people like a hawk to make sure that never happens again.

Hey, guys, I'm doing another giveaway just like the one before but it's a little bit different. Needless for an essay-like intro   :giggle:

NPH-dissapoint-520x245.gif

How to enter the giveaway:

• You must have 50 posts or more.
  • Tell me about your worst Video Game shopping experience.

I'll put your names in a randomizer software and I'll announce the winner at the end of this month.  :dance:

Good luck to everyone & merry xmas!  :yay:

You get a great big like just because you don't get the names by using who liked the post :)

I hope more people follow and use other ways just as well!

I'll have to think about my worst game shopping experience :/ 

• Like 1

How to enter the giveaway:

• You must have 50 posts or more.
  • Tell me about your worst Video Game shopping experience.

I went to Maui, Hawaii for 10 days my honeymoon and took my OG Vita, but forgot to pack either of my two charging cables. I mainly wanted to get the miles in on Destiny of Spirits, but had to ration my play time to less than 4 minutes at a time. I would shut my Vita down completely to eliminate any phantom charge loss. I stopped at six separate retailers around the island looking for a replacement cable or even a 2nd Vita since I thought I could upload my save and download it to the 2nd Vita.

Absolute strikeout. Got in my flight miles, but wasn't able to take full advantage of the games location awareness.

My worst game shopping experience was after i bought Black ops 1, i'm really carefull with my games, it's almost obsessive.

The moment i stepped out of the shop i accidentally dropped my bag and oooh myyy there was a crack in the box  :blink:

Went back inside trying to switch it for a new game but had no luck..

It's now several years ago but still sometimes i think about it hahaha  :D

If anyone's from the UK, they may know a store called CEX, pretty good second hand store, unless you buy online. Now most of my online purchases have been fairly okay but I have a few that take the biscuit.

First one, I bought my Wii and a bunch of games, all that came fine, but I bought an Official Wii Controller with it. The one I got was a third party crap. So they told me to send it back, which I did. They said they'd refund postage, they did not. But holy shit, I asked for a replacement. I heard nothing for like 3 months, after sending many an e-mail, until eventually they were like, yeah, we're sorting it. I was like fuck it, just gimme my damn money back, and after 2 months, I finally got a cheque. CEX online customer services are utter shit.

Another one, after buying a bunch of PS2 games nice and cheap, one of which wasn't a game I ordered and another just never turned up, but it was 25p so whatever. I ordered 3 Official PS2 Memory Cards, £2 each btw. I recieved 1 Official Memory Card, 1 Mad Katz memory card (75p) and an Official PS1 Memory Card... which they don't apparently sell. Now you can't go to your local store to sort this, there's nothing they can do, you gotta email them, which you've seen above, is bullshit. They'd have told me to ship it back to them, and tbh, it woulda cost too much for the hassle, so I thought fuck it.

Buy online from CEX with care folks xD

• Like 2

I was planning on getting a 3DS and couldn't decide on getting a New 3DS or a 2DS. I eventually decided on getting the 2DS for the charger, but since I don't live in America, the charger was useless anyway. I really had no choice in getting an American 2DS because most stores stock NA region Nintendo games here. They did have 220v chargers in stock, but I was looking for one of those USB chargers for 3DS. Took me around a month to find one, and during that time I needed to use a converter whenever I wanted to charge. Honestly, my fault for not checking what kind of chargers Nintendo uses.

Really nice of you to do a giveaway.

As for my worst video game shopping experience, it would have to be when I got Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. I totally didn't realize until after buying the game that you also needed a subscription to play it. I should have known but I'm not used to games needing a subscription like FF XIV ARR did.

Edited by JB_Swag_Doctor73

My worst experience was from playasia.com, funnily enough it was from trying to buy a $10 PSN card code. I bought the card and was told they would text a 4 digit code to my phone to confirm my email address (which they would send the PSN code to). I never received the 4 digit code and after 5 days of emailing back and forth, with really slow responses from them, they said that they would give me a refund. 2 weeks later, instead of receiving how much I'd paid for it in GBP (around £6), they gave me it in dollars which ends up being less than half what I had paid. Was another week before I got what was actually owed me. I don't trust these types of sites for digital codes anymore, which makes it difficult to buy games on PS Store in other regions.

Thanks to the OP for offering $10 for free, and good luck to everyone who enters :D

Lol, why didn't you point that out sooner, so the conversation went something like this:

> Hi, how's it going?

>> Yeah, good man, you guys got a Moga phone controller in stock?

>>> A what? A phone controller?

>>>> The thing right behind you in the cabinet labelled Moga Bluetooth controller.

> Oh.

The guy was standing in front of it. But then when he ran off to the back room thing, I turned around for a split second to look at something else on the shelf behind me, and then I turn back to the register and the chick (who has been there for about 3 years now, and is one of the aforementioned 5 competent workers I've dealt with) who was also there was in his place blocking the item. I only got a good look by coincidence at the end.

I sound like I absolutely hate EB workers, and I do a little bit, but really, it is justified. Just a few days ago I picked up a copy of Red Steel for the Wii. They had Red Steel 2 in there as well, but I only bought number 1, because I thought I'd just grab number 2 if I liked number 1, but that I didn't want to start the series with part 2. So I buy the game, and a couple of others, and I'm on my way. Few hours later I open it up, the dickhead's put Red Steel 2 in there instead.

Well... It's not really the shopping experience it self that was bad, but I was very dissappointed in the product. When I was a kid I went to the city with my friend. It was just past my birthday so I had some extra money burning in my pockets and of course I wanted a new game. I couldn't really find anything interesting so my friend convinced me to buy Time Crisis. The game came with a gun controller and that was kind of the thing that was so cool about it. Somehow I thought it would be awesome to play a game with a gun controller and imagined the game as a first person shooter or something. What I got was a shitty rail shooter... It was officially the worst game I had ever played. It got boring after two minutes of gameplay... I was very dissappointed and sad because I wasted all my money in this garbage! Next day I took it to Game House and they gave me some money for it, but never as much as I payed for it. I used the money to buy another game, a better game, unfortunately I can't remember what game that was, but it can't have been worse if I forgot!

• Like 1

I was on vacation by the sea, my parents bought me Digimon Rumble Arena (yay!!!). I was sooooooooooooo happy to play it, and all those cool characters...The moment I got home and opened the package, the box was broken. It fell from my firm hands, and the CD shattered into two big pieces. Obviously, I couldn't go back to the place in time.

Also, my second FFX copy (I lost the first one in my YLODed PS3) broke in the same way, and it was from the same shop.

Guess I shouldn't buy games there anymore xD

The collectors edition of the Witcher 3 had a broken statue and took a week and a bit to get replaced taking away from valuable game time.

Also recently i bought a PSN card and it come up invalid which affected my chance at first achiever for GTA 3. Apparently it was a random code generator. I always thought those things were a scam.

My worst shopping experience is every time i go to a store knowing what i want to buy but the person who works there always tries to push me into buying another game, usually the newest CoD or something that's 'trending' at the time. It's so annoying, it feels as if they're either desperate for sales, or they think i know nothing about games.

• Like 1

I don't really know if i had the worst gaming shopping experience, but probably I was having a temper mood when I was little back at 2011 I think when I remember I was with my dad and my older brother. We was at the mall and I want to go to Gamestop to buy Mario Kart Wii since Rosalina was on there and here's the most embarrassed  part in this next sentence. I was pouting that my dad won't let me buy it where the very last part if I remember I just watched MasterChief on my room after we headed home where I calm down and pretty much not care of buying the game no more.