Why do YOU platinum games?

GHOZTPRIME

For me getting the plat or "100%" means I have finished the game, and can move on to something else. There are some games I don't plat, usually games that require more than 100 hours I find simply too long. 

Before trophies I would always aim to finish a game on it's hardest setting (if it was not crazy hard) and finish all the side activities etc. Collectibles never interested me, but my old gaming habbits net me the Platinum in most games, or maybe 80% of the trophies anyway so I may as well finish the job!

I also like having a record of all the games I "finished" over all these years.

• Like 1

Not sure if i already replied to this topic, but it's an interesting question to revisit every few years.

Right now: i dont really know, i guess most of it just comes from boredom and habit, and because i only really feel like i finished a game after completing it.

I even burned out from gaming early this year and didnt play anything (except cod mw campaing when it was on plus) the past few months. Now i'm playing a little here and there again, and even though i'm much more relaxed about 'progress' and playing more for fun i still find myself working down the trophy check list.

Edited by Sundr0wn_

My cousin and I have a friendly rivalry over platinums, so that's basically why I do them.

I go for quality platinums by and large, whereas I give him a lot of grief over his My Name is Mayo, Mr. Massagy, and Little Adventure on the Prairie platinums.  Basically call him a trophy slut since he doesn't care where they come from!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...