Now and Then: 2017 Gaming Goals

GoldenShaka

2017 will mark my second year of trophy hunting.  My goals are as follows:

* Earn 25 additional platinum trophies (achieved 41 in 2016). 

* Earn at least one ultra rare platinum (achieved two in 2016). 

* Increase PSN level from 19 to 25 (increased from 8 to 19 in 2016). 

* Break into the top 10,000 on the US leaderboard (ended 2016 at 25,967). 

* Net decrease for game backlog. 

• Like 2

My 2016 goals were risky, but I completed some of them at least :lol:.

So now, 2017 will be simple. Here are my goals:

• 15 Platinums
  • Reach PSN Level 13
  • Reach 1000 Trophies
  • Platinum at least most of the games in my Backlog
  • Get a new Fastest Platinum (Less than 2 weeks, 5 days)
  • Get 50 Gold Trophies

I think that'll do for 2017 :D.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't do so well for my 2016 goals. They were  - achieve 5500 trophies, I only got to 4699, achieve 55% completion but only managed 45.75%, I did however achieve my goal of reaching 40 platinums so yey for that! I set myself a goal completing some of my Skylanders games and I did complete two of them however I wanted to complete all my LEGO games and I only added one more platinum to my collection for that game series.

This year I was a bit more reserved with my goals haha!

Total trophies: 6000

Completion: 50%

Platinums: 50

I once again aim to complete all my LEGO games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, christine_uk said:

I didn't do so well for my 2016 goals. They were  - achieve 5500 trophies, I only got to 4699, achieve 55% completion but only managed 45.75%, I did however achieve my goal of reaching 40 platinums so yey for that! I set myself a goal completing some of my Skylanders games and I did complete two of them however I wanted to complete all my LEGO games and I only added one more platinum to my collection for that game series.

This year I was a bit more reserved with my goals haha!

Total trophies: 6000

Completion: 50%

Platinums: 50

I once again aim to complete all my LEGO games.

Maybe you should aim to complete more games to Platinum. That way, completion should not be a problem =)

Considering you are planning 10 Plats on roughly 1250 trophies, it shows that you are not going to complete many games and your completion percentage is going to hurt :)

• Like 1

One of my goals last year was to have a completion rate above 90%. I got pretty close at 89.14% but then I joined the Kill Your Completion Again event which dropped me a few percent. So this year I want to get my completion rate high enough above 90% so that when I start a new game it stays above 90%. I also wouldn't mind breaking into the top 5000 on the world leaderboards though this may be a bit ambitious. I would also like to get my 200th plat by the end of next year so ideally I'd like to reach ~165 plats by the end of this year.

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Maybe you should aim to complete more games to Platinum. That way, completion should not be a problem =)

Considering you are planning 10 Plats on roughly 1250 trophies, it shows that you are not going to complete many games and your completion percentage is going to hurt :)

That is a good point! Although I am going to try and revisit the majority of my older games where I haven't earned many trophies (have been playing Fifa 12 and 14 lately for example) so hopefully that should help push up my completion rating too :) 

On 12/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I'll keep it simple and take small steps. 

First off, buy a PS4 in January.

Increase number of platinums to 20 (currently 8).

Increase number of 100% games to 20 (currently 7).

Average completion over 75% (currently 70.02%).

Number of unearned trophies kept under 300 (currently 287).

Beginning to think I might've set the bar too low for myself. Completion rate is currently 76.15% and my unearned trophies is at 250. I've earned four platinums and three 100%'s (should be four in a few days when I get time) since then but I'll keep those as they are. 

So instead I'll increase the target for completion to 80%, and try to keep my unearned trophies under 250. 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 1

My 2017 goals:

- 15 Platinums

- Reach 2000 Trophies

- Reach PSN level 15

- Reach 100 gold trophies
- Finish some backlog games
- Platinum every GOW game (my favorite serie)
- Increase my physical collection of games

Is not to much, but i think i can do this with no big problems :D

• Like 2

Aim to get at least to my 65th plat or better

completion rate above 50% 

Only start a new game if i know i can plat it with the one currently playing for a plat.

try and get my backlog down to 15 games (currently at 23 down from 28 as of January 18th 2017)

Edited by DarkSoleride

My goals for 2017:

Trophylevel 30 (Should be easy)

100 Platinums (Should be easy as well if I keep on working on my backlog)

Get down my Backlog; currently finish 1 of 66. In the end of the year, I want to finish minimum 50 games.

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 1

- Clear out more of my backlog (for all consoles, always a work in progress)

- Reach PSN level 15 (currently 12)

- 20+ platinums (currently 9)

- 75% or better completion (currently 57%)

- 1500+ trophies

- Under 200 unearned trophies

- Reach 2000 on Norway leaderboard

Good luck to everyone :D

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my progress on my goals so far:

Get at least one platinum a month (so have at least 12 by year's end)-Got 4 for January alone

Have a fairly even number of games with and without :platinum: and between PS3 and PS4-Still not quite there on the non-plat games, but have two PS3 :platinum: and two PS4 :platinum:

Decrease my backlog more than increase it-Upped it more than lowered it so far

Finish all platinum games I started before December 31-Got The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets done. Still six left.

• Like 1

Here are mine:

62/100 Platinums. It will be a long journey but a huge payoff.

Get 90 percent completion. Most of my unfinished games are titles that are around 30 - 50 hours. This may take a while. Currently just under 81 percent completion.

5 Ultra Rare Platinums. I have Red Dead Redemption behind me. I have Rogue Legacy and Evil Within. I may get Binding of Isaac but it's far too time consuming for me to really push through it. Super Meat Boy will be the toughest game I've ever done. But more than likely it will be games that really aren't too difficult, but for some reason or another have eluded a lot of players from pushing for the platinum.

There are more goals in mind but that is all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

I hope I'll be able to reach 50 :platinum: by the end of 2017. I'm on 39 at the moment. I've earmarked which games I'm gonna do...

Horizon Zero Dawn

Nier Automata

Final Fantasy XV

World of Final Fantasy

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Gravity Rush Remastered

Gravity Rush 2

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

I just need to think of one more...

Hopefully Crash will be split into 3 different lists. I'd also like to maintain my 100% completion, but I suppose that will depend on Naughty Dog not releasing any more annoying DLC trophies for Uncharted 4.

Edited by MythRaider1994
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2016 at 3:05 PM, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Like a lot of people, I want to buy a PS4 but, man, it is hard to find a good deal in this time of the year.

As for specifics:

- sign on PS+ (done)

- Get to PSN level 20 (currently at 19)

- Rank up on the Monster Hunting PP (tough I still havent decided if I am going to get Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey) (done)

- definitely play Trails of Cold Steel 2, Persona 5, Uncharted 4 and Toukiden 2.

Hmmm, I think I went too low on my goals. Gonna think on new ones.

Here's the latest:

Get at least one platinum a month (so have at least 12 by year's end)-Up to 7 now. 4 in January, 3 in February

Have a fairly even number of games with and without :platinum: and between PS3 and PS4-Still not quite there on the non-plat games, but have been keeping the plats even so far.

Decrease my backlog more than increase it-Upped it more than lowered it overall, but the gap is narrowing

Finish all platinum games I started before December 31-3 done, 5 remain

Edited by Torracat83
  • Like 1