Have you received recently strange messages on PSN?

aimeraya

I got given a batch of at least x30 spambot messages which were let's put it, not that pleasant to read. 

On 14/01/2017 at 7:34 PM, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

I keep getting these things called "friend requests...I understand the word request but wtf is a friend...sounds sketchy...

200_s.gif

Any chance to break it out :P

On 12.7.2017 at 9:35 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

My friend got a message from a girl trying to flirt earlier. 

Of course she blocked her right away, which was smart.

I myself haven't ran into this issue yet. They'll be instant blocked though if they try . 

I ran into this too. Which is odd since I haven't had any online activity other than automatically logging in every time I turn the console on.

Also IRL I prefer blocking all the flirty girls as suspicious.

I randomly got a message from a user I didn't recognise (with no avatar) on PS3 when playing Dead Island with my other half about a week or so ago. All it said was "hey there". Can't remember the username, but it was something that looked very "sex bot" such as "JessicaCute" or similar.

Never received any other weird messages like that before, aside from this one case about 5-6 years ago when I randomly got two messages in the same day from some random user that simply said "hey girl!". At the time, my avatar was Ada Wong from Resident Evil. I guess having a female avatar was enough to make him think I was female? I just changed my avatar to a zombie afterwards.

• Like 1

I received a message two nights ago from someone called 'tarty_fatima' looking for me to view her on webcam so I blocked her. Her profile was 0 with no played games. that's the first time but I hope I don't keep getting these messages!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, incredibleshulk said:

I recently got a message that said 104.227.106.49:1337:arimind5757:asay57.I dont know what it is does anyone else??

I didn't get it but 104.227.106.49 is an IP address, maybe yours. The :1337 is a port number, usually linking to a Peer-to-Peer connection. 

The remainder of that looks like part of a cookie, but I don't know exactly.

Just got another random "hi" from a blank account, strangely enough literally as soon as I turned my PS4 on, and my online being set to "appear offline".

Gotta say, really makes me paranoid that I'd get a message literally as soon as I turn on the console, and especially when I've been coming across horror stories like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6hwone/anybody_else_getting_weird_messages_from_blank/

I've just set my messages to friends only now.

7 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Just got another random "hi" from a blank account, strangely enough literally as soon as I turned my PS4 on, and my online being set to "appear offline".

Gotta say, really makes me paranoid that I'd get a message literally as soon as I turn on the console, and especially when I've been coming across horror stories like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6hwone/anybody_else_getting_weird_messages_from_blank/

I've just set my messages to friends only now.

Same for me, I've got two random messages from two different blank accounts (not a single game played) saying "Hi" and "Want to talk?" in the last month, really weird... ._.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I've had a message similar to this one a few times also.

Me also, nearly word for word LOL They must have the same speel each time haha and the COD game is supposed to get us interested? When they have no played games if you look at profile. The day I have to pay for sex I'm giving it up as a bad habit...

On 1/14/2017 at 3:14 PM, BrunoBomb said:

I got some people that send me friend requests, I accept them. 1 wanted to play a game that I didn't had, so I said I didn't had it, he then started calling me loser for not having the game, so I deleted him. (Also worth mention that I checked this guy here to see his profile but got a message saying he doesn't want to be checked here. Never seen that before.)

The next one was 2 days after that. He asked for my name, my address and if we could use video chat. I though that was weird, I only answered the name but it was with the PSN Name, but the weirdest thing was that I checked is profile, just to see if we had any games that we could play. But he didn't had none. He was at level 1 with 0 trophies and he asked me that stuff. Just weird, so I deleted him too. Didn't knew we could report them, how do we do that, just so I can be prepared the next time.

I think we on to the same dude, did he/she ask you about your age and come up with a sad excuse of being bored and that he/she just wanted to talk? :D

1 hour ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I've had a message similar to this one a few times also.

Hey it's the same dude that messaged me!

On 6/19/2017 at 4:20 PM, kubanm3 said:

I've got one as well.

Is it something to worry about? Those are funny, though.

rxgm7o.png

5hXJZ5.png

I had someone message me right the sane things. But I think it is just an automade response since he replied the exact same way as your guy did but mine was a different user. I read you post and I asked him if he was a bot and he said the exact same thing although the reason why he was messaging me he said it was because he was bored and what do something while his girlfriend arrived. Later on he told me that he did private cam shows and wanted to give me a free pass for it. Im still like WTF?? He aslo didnt what anyone to know who he was since everything was private including games. And not to long ago I recived another retard asking me the if I was around. 

His ID is constanine1855r    Should you cross paths with him.