Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

@Nightstream88, I think Ammy could still happen! I think they'll all be 3rd party characters. At least the myth is busted for Steve from Minecraft. He was supposed to be the 3rd character announced (though DQ hero was spot on).

My guess is Crash Bandicoot or Spyro will be one and another JRPG character will be another.

RE5 & RE6 got announced for the Switch (coming Fall 2019), here's hoping at least RE5 will have motion controls, since its Gold Edition on PS3 had PS Move support. 

Edited by Ren
typo

Astral Chain and Panzer Dragoon were the only interesting things for me. Most Nintendo third party support seems to be mostly ports of games I already have so I'm not too excited for them. Still waiting on Metroid

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I did read a lot of people are upset about animal crossing and Luigi's Mansion not coming out this year, but if you look at the lineup for 2019, it's stacked. SMM2, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, and Pokemon Sword are all day 1 purchases for me.

I'm also very interested in getting Daemon X Machina, Link's Awakening, and Astral Chain. Probably not day 1, but in the near future for sure (Good reviews could make me go pick it up that weekend)!

None of that even includes the 3rd party support coming. If you can't find switch games to keep you entertained by 2020, then I don't know what to tell you. :P

The Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer showed a "2019" release date

15 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

The Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer showed a "2019" release date

Interesting, then I guess people are mad because we don't have an exact date? That's even more silly. I didn't have time to go through everything; I just saw a bunch of complaints about those 2 games in particular.

Sounds like it'll get pushed out before Christmas then. Though, it'd make more sense for October.

13 hours ago, TKdovahkiin said:

Gonna have to hold on to my Switch! Sunk 3 months and 200 hours into Breath of the Wild. Can’t wait for this sequel!!!!

It's an amazing game and probably the only game I've ever gone back to on the system, A sequel would be well received I'm sure. 

• Like 1

So happy they left the best scene in Link’s Awakening on Switch.

Think it’s a bit more twisted now since the shopkeeper becomes happy again as soon as he murders you. xD

And if you do this with max hearts, he still kills you.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I did read a lot of people are upset about animal crossing and Luigi's Mansion not coming out this year, but if you look at the lineup for 2019, it's stacked. SMM2, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, and Pokemon Sword are all day 1 purchases for me.

Looks like investors weren't happy either... http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/nintendos_market_value_drops_by_usd1_billion_after_animal_crossing_switch_delay

(Not sure where they got the idea of Animal Crossing delay being the main cause as they didn't quote anything from the source article which is for subscribers only.)

My Sister is looking forward to Animal Crossing Horizon, my brother mainly plays Smash and other Roms,  heh. I think I like to have a Nintendo Switch so I can Co-op Build in Dragon Quest Builders 2 with my Brother while he's off at School through the Summer. (If only there was PS4 / Switch Cross-platform play) 

An Idea occurred to me for a while now, I always wanted to see a Sequel to this Title...

I wish for Bigger City Trial Mode with 4-16 online players. Bring in various Olympic game mode sessions at the end of City Trial session when you collect powerups and vehicles. 

I don't ×think I would like a remaster would prefer a new game.

57 minutes ago, fyiByas said:

My Sister is looking forward to Animal Crossing Horizon, my brother mainly plays Smash and other Roms,  heh. I think I like to have a Nintendo Switch so I can Co-op Build in Dragon Quest Builders 2 with my Brother while he's off at School through the Summer. (If only there was PS4 / Switch Cross-platform play)

It seems like Sony is slowly coming around to Cross-platform play. But right now it's mostly PC/Xbox/Switch. Which doesn't help with DQ Builders 2, I know.

I might get Builders 2. I liked the first one on Vita (although I never finished the story content, but I put a good dozen or so hours into it) and the sequel looks better in just about every way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

It seems like Sony is slowly coming around to Cross-platform play. But right now it's mostly PC/Xbox/Switch. Which doesn't help with DQ Builders 2, I know.

I might get Builders 2. I liked the first one on Vita (although I never finished the story content, but I put a good dozen or so hours into it) and the sequel looks better in just about every way.

I never finished the story either for the first, plan on playing and maybe finishing Chapter 3 Tonight. My main drive for Dragon Quest Builders 2 is the Co-op. Hopefully, it's done in a Meaningful and fun way.

I haven't finished the story of the first Dragon Quest Builders either but I also spent quite some hours trying to build perfect or beautiful towns (even though I fail my task because I'm just bad when it comes to creativity lol) 

DQB2 seems interesting and is probably really relaxing to play, just like the first game was. I might get it eventually, but probably not Day 1.

im considering buying a switch. but before doing so, i heard theres speculation/rumors about a more powerful switch coming out in the future, is it better to wait or is that still a long ways off? i dont want to go out and buy one now only to find out that a new version of the switch is coming out in a few months.

26 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

im considering buying a switch. but before doing so, i heard theres speculation/rumors about a more powerful switch coming out in the future, is it better to wait or is that still a long ways off? i dont want to go out and buy one now only to find out that a new version of the switch is coming out in a few months.

I'd wait until Q4 and decide from there. There's a lot of speculation that a stronger version is coming out like you said. However, I think the price will probably increase as well (standard vs deluxe so to speak), so it could come down to "Is the extra money worth the higher specs?"

I think they already said that they're not going to divide the generation so the comparison would probably be like buying a PS4 vs buying a PS4 Pro.

Of course, take everything with a grain of salt as it's all speculation at this point.

• Like 1

Finished Wandersong (side note: didn't care for the game much, glad I got it for free on Xbox Game Pass) on PC last night so I treated myself to Cadence of Hyrule. Played it for a few hours and loving it so far - even though I die a lot. The music is fantastic and if you're not good at rhythm games, there's an option to turn off the moving to the beat aspect of the game.

So I may have taken a few days off of work around 6/28 and 7/1 for as much uninterrupted Super Mario Making as possible. ?  Just wanted to say.

EDIT: Oh, and I got a Pro controller from Best Buy while it was "only" $50 ?... not for Super Mario Maker 2 necessarily, but in general.  It's a pretty solid gamepad.  Shame my Switch is kind of out of the rotation as far as the backlog goes at the moment, but it'll be sweet once I get back to it.  Probably whenever that Celeste chapter 9 DLC finally comes out.

Edited by Dreakon13

On 14‏/6‏/2019 at 7:13 PM, Eyjabria said:

Did anyone get Cadence of Hyrule yet? How is it? I've seen people praise it on Metacritic and I'm close to hitting that purchase button.

Yeah, it's awesome. Got it yesterday and done with it today, not long but surely worth it. Now I'm thinking about buying Crypt of the Necrodancer before the deal is off

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CQC93 said:

Yeah, it's awesome. Got it yesterday and done with it today, not long but surely worth it. Now I'm thinking about buying Crypt of the Necrodancer before the deal is off

I bought Crypt of the Necromancer. For 4 bucks why not? I got a $35 card and got Disgaea 1 for $30 and this $4. I felt like that was a steal.

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I bought Crypt of the Necromancer. For 4 bucks why not? I got a $35 card and got Disgaea 1 for $30 and this $4. I felt like that was a steal.

Alright, seems like it. I don't think it went down to $4 on PS4/Vita before, I'll grab it and leave it for later. Already have 3 bucks left in my wallet and enough points to get it

Completed Cadence of Hyrule today and I must say it exceeded all my expectations even with all the high praise it had gotten. Really well made and fun game with fantastic remixes of familiar Zelda melodies, cute art and addictive gameplay. It took me 13 hours to beat the game and a few more hours to explore the map completely, defeat all minibosses, obtain all equipment and open all treasure chests. 

tumblr_pthv7zwpOj1tyw21qo8_1280.jpgtumblr_pthv7zwpOj1tyw21qo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pthv7zwpOj1tyw21qo6_1280.jpgtumblr_pthv7zwpOj1tyw21qo2_1280.jpg

• Like 4

Ugh, I don't think my wallet can handle this. Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain are must buys for me. I'm definitely getting Luigi's Mansion 3, they brought back ScareScraper mode. Huge fan of Dark Moon online back on the 3DS. I always played the hell out of that. Wish it got a release date. Suppose to come out in this year hopefully before Halloween. After I'm done with Woolly World on 3DS I'm buying Crafted World. Huge fan of the Yoshi series ever since I was little. I should get back into Animal Crossing New Leaf now that New Horrizons is coming in March. 

And of course Breath Of the Wild 2