Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

OK, I'm game! Just... uhhh, don't judge me. Lol.

Most Played:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (159 hours)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (110 hours)

Splatoon 3 (107 hours)

Played at Launch:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Pokémon Legends Arceus 
Pokémon: Violet 

3+ Years of Play:

Pokémon Sword

SNES - Nintendo Online 

Disgaea 1 Complete 

Gaming Trends:
18% Action
15% Adventure
48% Role-Playing

8% Shooters

8% Multiplayer 

3% Strategy 

Considering I played 158 hours of XC3, 110 hours of XC2, and 89 hours of XC1, I'm surprised Role-Playing isn't higher, lmao.

No shame! I'm at almost 90 and I think I'm only half way done! 

https://imgur.com/a/MXSXtS8

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

No shame! I'm at almost 90 and I think I'm only half way done! 

https://imgur.com/a/MXSXtS8

158 hours is how long it took me to unlock all jobs, kill all of the superbosses, and complete 95% of side missions. xD The team I put together was ridiculous, and enjoyed every minute of it. 

I even made a tier list of the best heroes in the game imo. Beware of possible spoilers:

XC3 Tier list https://imgur.com/a/yiAqMeJ

Purely based on fighting unique monsters, bosses, etc. Some characters have some really broken chain abilities that just murder bosses. Lol. 

• Like 3

Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE ‘Introduction’ Trailer (credit to Gematsu):

Master-Detective-Archives-RAIN-CODE_2022

Publisher Spike Chunsoft and developer Too Kyo Games have released an “Introduction” trailer for detective adventure game Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE, as well as two new character illustrations.

Here are the new character illustrations:

Yuma Kokohead (voiced by Lucien Dodge in English, Katsumi Fukuhara in Japanese)

Shinigami (voiced by Anjali Kunapaneni in English, Sayumi Suzushiro in Japanese)

Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE is due out for Switch in spring 2023.

Watch a new trailer below. View a set of stills at the gallery.

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/master-detective-archives-rain-code-introduction-trailer

• Like 2

So this was my first year with a Switch, and I'm still getting adjusted to incorporating it into my gaming habits  But even then, some of these times are off from what my Switch correctly tells me. So overall don't judge me too much. 

Most Played:

1. Wrestling Empire (76 Hours)

2. Pokémon Scarlet (This says 49 Hours, but my Switch says 75 or More...which sounds more right honestly). 

3. SNES App for 10 Hours (99% of this was definitely for Zelda: A Link to the Past, I was playing it before Scarlet released...need to get back to it). 

Played ay Launch: 
Pokémon Scarlet (A rare occasion for sure)

Gaming Trends:

Adventure - 21%

RPG  - 19%

Action  - 18%

Simulation - 14%

Fighting - 14%

Sports - 14%

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Viper said:

So this was my first year with a Switch, and I'm still getting adjusted to incorporating it into my gaming habits  But even then, some of these times are off from what my Switch correctly tells me. So overall don't judge me too much. 

Most Played:

1. Wrestling Empire (76 Hours)

2. Pokémon Scarlet (This says 49 Hours, but my Switch says 75 or More...which sounds more right honestly). 

3. SNES App for 10 Hours (99% of this was definitely for Zelda: A Link to the Past, I was playing it before Scarlet released...need to get back to it). 

Played ay Launch: 
Pokémon Scarlet (A rare occasion for sure)

Gaming Trends:

Adventure - 21%

RPG  - 19%

Action  - 18%

Simulation - 14%

Fighting - 14%

Sports - 14%

I hope you enjoyed your year with Switch! 

There were some inconsistencies in their data last year as well. Some games showed more or less hours played on my Switch's data compared to the data in the report. For Pokémon Scarlet the low number of hours may be explained by the cutoff date of their tracking - the report is generated from data gathered up until the end of November. Fine print mentions "Play time is calculated for the period between 1 January 2022 and 30 November 2022. However, due to factors such as the time zone your console was used in, there may be cases where the information is incorrect.".

• Like 1

Since everyone else is doing it, here’s my year in review.

Most played:

Rocket League

Pokémon Legends Arceus

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Played at launch:

Pokémon Legends Arceus

Pokemon Violet

Bayonetta 3

3+ Years of Play

Rocket League

Fortnite

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Your Gaming Trends

Role-Playing - 30%

Action - 30%

Racing 14%

Sports - 14%

Adventure - 8%

Shooter - 4%

I couldn’t find time played on the site, and I don’t feel like putting the time listed on my switch because Rocket League would be heavily inflated because of how many more years that’s been out compared to other games on my list.

• Like 1

I only go 1-2 Months a Year on Switch but than allways in Full Mode. And most Times its this Time of the Year when a new Pokemon Game comes out :D

Arcoding to Nintendos Stats:

Bayonetta 1 - 14 hrs (this was on the Nintendo Year 2022 Most played Games List, but i already play longer Games and only this shows up...)

Bayonetta 2 - 10 Hrs or more

Bayonetta 3 - 20 Hrs or more

Tokyo Mirage sessions #fe encore - 45 hrs (currently playing)

Soon to Christmas: Pokemon Scarlet. Hope for another Patch before starting playing this.

• Like 1

I hereby officially notify you that for the first time in history of mainline Pokémon games I completed the Pokédex. Feast your eyes on this fancy diploma. 

6cf5744bad05fc34ba329c622a9c6a9798961b4b.jpg

aae4b4443ba64d01b8d5b07c2b6456be539eba58.jpg

In addition to catching 'em all, I also got Charizard from the 7-star event raid. My bread dog Panforte did a tremendous job in the raid together with husbando's bread dog. 

1fee53ae9f4b3e917852d2032731e969413c2294.jpge58f552380323c6f9b646737bc72b723b8641956.jpg

I now have a Polteageist (who I named Chaikovsky, heh) too and he does a pretty good job as a sweeper (Weak Armor + Strength Sap, Shell Smash, Stored Power, Shadow Ball).

ddeb8bd1859056cc0e4a66192378479409af37ce.jpg

That is all. Thank you for reading.

• Like 4

So I made this fantastic support set for Hawlucha to pair with Gholdengo in doubles and I've been ruining other's strategies with it, testing it on the casual ladder.

Essentially,  I gave it a focus sash with mold breaker. The mold breaker allows me to helping hand Gholdengo's "Make it rain" to do massive damage to the opponent. Then, with the sash, I am able to use endeavor to bring other Pokémon down to 1 HP. To make it even more funny, I gave it encore which screws up people who try to set up on me or use protect to avoid attacks.

I'd turn it into a rental, but I don't like the EVs on Garchomp or Hydreigon. It also drives me nuts that my core is pretty much the same as every other team minus Murkrow so I'm trying to come up with something more anti-meta (the Hawlucha is definitely anti-meta, but the rest of the team is pretty standard).

My thoughts are to switch out Hydreigon or Garchomp with Salamence and switch Rotom with Kilowattrel or Volcorona as here is my current team:

Garchomp @ Clear Amulet (offensive build)

Rotom - H @ Safety Goggles (bulky build)

Hydreigon @ Life Orb (offensive build w/ tailwind)

Gholdengo @ Choice scarf (offensive build)

Hawlucha @ focus sash (support/off build)

Amoonguss @ Iron ball (bulky/TR counter build)

I'm open to ideas on how other Pokémon you think would mesh well with Gholdengo and Hawlucha or are particularly strong in doubles. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'm sorry, I really am, but people need to stop expecting this. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's extremely unlikely.

I don't really expect it because I don't think Game Freak is that smart, but that north-eastern landmass is highly suspect in my eyes.

Mostly just want it rather than expect it regardless, largely due to feeling like Gen VI was unfinished and Zygarde (outside of the anime) didn't get any proper spotlight.

If it's something else that's still fun, then it's not a big deal.
3tjygl.png?a463992

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

It's no surprise to me, but here's my most played this year:

1. Mario Party Superstars

2. Mario Golf Super Rush

3. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Mostly play multiplayer games on the Switch with my wife and slowly dragging my feet through Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, just isn't as good as Phoenix Wright. Hoping to get Harvestella for Christmas.

She also hogged it for Animal Crossing, which is my only 3+ years game played.

• Like 1

I bought the KOTOR games because they were on sale, and I wanted to replay them (I played them seven years ago on Windows). They really need to go on PS4 or PS5. Perhaps Lucasfilm is waiting until the KOTOR remake releases or even closer to its release. PS Trophies would be nice. 

I'm playing more Xenoblade Chronicles 3, but I know there is a lot of it left.

• Like 2

I've beat Katana Zero recently yesterday and it has to be one of my favorite indie games. It's a 2D action-platformer where you play as an assassin who must take on hits in each level. It's a lot like Hotline Miami where you can kill enemies in one hit and vice versa. The twist here is that you can slow-down time to dodge attacks or deflect bullets. The game is on the tough side since you'll be dying and constantly restarting sections to fully take out enemies in the quickest way possible. All in all, a fun experience though with a cliffhanger ending that I hope a sequel will pick up on. 

In other news, I'm looking to start playing Live A Live in the coming days.

• Like 3

f32b46e158fcf9cdbc399b719612bf16435715f2.jpg

Season’s Greetings & Happy New Year 2023 to all of you! May you be blessed with plenty of great games and other exciting things during the holidays and the coming year. (Nintendowife is the name of my blog in case you're wondering. I'm crossposting this image from there).

8 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

I've beat Katana Zero recently yesterday and it has to be one of my favorite indie games. It's a 2D action-platformer where you play as an assassin who must take on hits in each level. It's a lot like Hotline Miami where you can kill enemies in one hit and vice versa. The twist here is that you can slow-down time to dodge attacks or deflect bullets. The game is on the tough side since you'll be dying and constantly restarting sections to fully take out enemies in the quickest way possible. All in all, a fun experience though with a cliffhanger ending that I hope a sequel will pick up on. 

In other news, I'm looking to start playing Live A Live in the coming days.

I played Katana Zero on PC via Game Pass earlier and I agree it's a good game. Unique and fun gameplay, nice story and the visual style is awesome.

I'm playing Easy Come Easy Golf at the moment (it has ridiculously good character designs!) and considering something new for Christmas on Switch, perhaps Atelier Shallie.

• Like 3

On 12/18/2022 at 7:55 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

So I made this fantastic support set for Hawlucha to pair with Gholdengo in doubles and I've been ruining other's strategies with it, testing it on the casual ladder.

Essentially,  I gave it a focus sash with mold breaker. The mold breaker allows me to helping hand Gholdengo's "Make it rain" to do massive damage to the opponent. Then, with the sash, I am able to use endeavor to bring other Pokémon down to 1 HP. To make it even more funny, I gave it encore which screws up people who try to set up on me or use protect to avoid attacks.

I'd turn it into a rental, but I don't like the EVs on Garchomp or Hydreigon. It also drives me nuts that my core is pretty much the same as every other team minus Murkrow so I'm trying to come up with something more anti-meta (the Hawlucha is definitely anti-meta, but the rest of the team is pretty standard).

My thoughts are to switch out Hydreigon or Garchomp with Salamence and switch Rotom with Kilowattrel or Volcorona as here is my current team:

Garchomp @ Clear Amulet (offensive build)

Rotom - H @ Safety Goggles (bulky build)

Hydreigon @ Life Orb (offensive build w/ tailwind)

Gholdengo @ Choice scarf (offensive build)

Hawlucha @ focus sash (support/off build)

Amoonguss @ Iron ball (bulky/TR counter build)

I'm open to ideas on how other Pokémon you think would mesh well with Gholdengo and Hawlucha or are particularly strong in doubles. 

So anyone keeping track of any of the team crafting nonsense I'm doing,  I switched out Rotom H with Talonflame for tailwind support. However, I still need to mess with this team before I make it a rental and let me show you why...

https://marriland.com/tools/team-builder/P2ds591jrfb1fwW5/

For a more simplistic summary:

NRM - immune

FIR - 2×½½½2×

WTR - ½2×½

ELC - immune½2×½2×

GRS - ½½¼¼½

ICE - ½4×2×2×2×

FTG - immune2×½½½

PSN - immune, ½

GRD - 2×, immune, immune

FLY ½ 2× 2×

PSY - ½ immune 2×2×

BUG - ¼ 2× ¼ ¼

RCK - ½ ½ 4×

GHO - 2×½

DRG - ½2×2×

DRK - 2×½½

STL - ½½

FAI - ½2×4×½½2×

4/6 Pokémon are weak to ice and one of those four are quadruple weak to it! It makes switching in on ice attacks hard (granted, I hardly ever bring Amoonguss) Garchomp, Hawlucha, Talonflame,  and Gholdengo are kind of the spine of the team so I don't want to remove them, but I think the other 2 could be replaced. Some of the ideas I'm thinking of is replacing Hydreigon with Gardevoir, Rabsca, Misdreavous, or Farigaraf and Amoonguss with Maushold or Volcarona. I could also get cute and use something with air balloon or crygonal (lol), but these feel like better options atm. Talonflame feels pretty decent though and definitely has won me games so I feel like I may just keep him since priority tailwind support is amazing. 

I've played several casual matches with my super ice weak team and it has gone fairly well, and I'm currently 5-2 on the ladder which is pretty decent (low ladder so a lot of either weaker teams or bad players or both). I also lost my first two games so I'm technically on a 5-game streak.

Positive note: The strong parts of the team feel really strong (the core of 4). The way you know if a team is good or not is if you lost because you were surprised or played poorly, not because your team did not have the counters imo.

And, just as important, you have to look at how hard did you have to work for the wins. Are you barely winning? Winning because of misplays by your opponent or lucky crits? Do you find yourself in awkward positions playing or always digging yourself out of a holes early?

Some teams are just hard to use, and personally, a well constructed team is one that's easy and fun to use and I definitely have rolled some people. All of that being positive for my current team.

Anyways, if you have ever thought about trying out competitive Pokémon, I definitely would recommend it! It definitely feels rewarding to beat other players online with a team you raised yourself or a rental team (I'd recommend rental teams if you never tried playing). You also earn a lot of great rewards in-game from rare items to a ton of LP so if you are struggling to buy stuff, definitely try it out.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I got a couple of games as a Christmas present from husbando: Shadows Over Loathing for PC and Atelier Shallie DX for Switch. He got Elden Ring and a couple of Sims 4 DLCs, both for PC. 
I loved West of Loathing (pro tip: also available on Switch!) and was very excited about the newest instalment in the series, started playing it right away. Shallie is the last game left in the Dusk trilogy for me to play and I started that too.

My backlog is spiraling into chaos and I'm not going to reach my goal of getting less new games and playing more from my backlog this year. Welp, maybe next year!

• Like 1

Finaly complete Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore Edition. Took me nearly 60 hrs.

Im quit suprised how good this Game is. Classic Persona Gameplay X Idolm@ster X Fire Emblem.

What a wild Mix. :D The Great Thing is that you can combine Combos on your Members in battle and even join their Songs in Combat.

The Tokyo Map is also not spammed with Icons its a verry straight Game i realy like it.

Tommorw i will look on Pokemon Karmesin (pupur) lets see what we get there.

• Like 1

Btw, I saw a preview video today that showed off Fire Emblem Engage which comes out next month, and my only question about it afterwards is "Why isn't Nintendo hyping this game up more?" The game looks drop dead gorgeous ? I thought the character models, motion, cutscenes, and UI looked great in 3 Houses, but wow, I was really impressed with how much more motion was added in to make it feel more lifelike. Just watch the first 30 seconds and you'll see what I mean.

The new mechanic with rings also seems to push this more on personal customization on which rings (old fire emblem characters) you want to use and who to pair them up to rather than letting your class dictate how you play. Seems to be another added layer from the previous game. Supposedly though, this one focuses more on the gameplay and RPG elements than the social aspect and the "choose your story" of 3 Houses. Fire Emblem Awakening is still my favorite in the series so I wonder if it'll take me back to when they really focused on the tactics and really planning 2 steps ahead. 

Don't get me wrong. I loved 3 houses, but the game was a journey and going month by month gets repetitive (especially in subsequent playthroughs) so I'm kind of glad it'll focus more on gameplay. 

Regardless, seems like they are trying to one-up themselves again which is why I won't hesitate to make this a D1 purchase.

• Like 2