Grand Trophy Hunting Olympics: Featuring the Elite of PSNP!

The scores are in!

Sixth Elite: MrUnknown625 - 65 (1)

1. Wdog-999 - 71 (1)

2. bladesoframen - 119 (4)

3. Couch - 72 (2)

Total - 327

Fourth Elite: Andrea - 126 (4)

1. Jeff - 30 (1)

2. Kent10201 - 96 (3)

Total - 252

Second Elite: HcG Clawz - 97 (3)

1. cjshaitan - 129 (4)

Total - 226

Third Elite: GarciaFever - 58 (2)

1. BeautifulTorment - 58 (2)

Total - 116

Seventh Elite:

1. Warpedsavior - 15

2. Enma8910 - 15

Total - 30

First Elite:

1. Triicky913 - 0

2. TKKOT - 0

Total - 0

Fifth Elite: Gibbo - 0

1. MattyH16 - 0

2. EpicNogg4 - 0

3. fmfab - 0

Total - 0

Congratulations to the Sixth Elite for another victory! In fact, besides the Third Elite dropping a few spots, the rankings are exactly the same. There was a close fight for the personal point, but @cjshaitan just barely managed to pull it off. Congrats to him.

I'm not going to lie. I feel a bit betrayed at the moment. I had a feeling @Triicky913 and @TKKOT were inactive, so I got their round out of the way, hoping I was wrong. So much for that. It's needless to say that these two have been taken out of the future rounds, bringing our chances of victory to less than 5%. @TristanBrown17, @DamagingRob, @Soneto don't get discouraged! Even if we're destined to lose, what fun would it be if we just gave up? Let's go out in style!

The third event is the Filthy Bronze Round! For 24 hours, three people on each team will try to get as many bronze trophies as possible. Every bronze is one point, but every gold and silver is -1 and platinums are -10. A saboteur can easily bring a team into the negative, so watch out!

@DamagingRob, @Soneto, let's go all out this round and finally get on the scoreboard! 

• Like 3

I am really sorry again. I used to be consistent. Been busy playing MapleStory all day. :(

I'll try to redeem myself in the next round but I need to have a question or two answered: Does it matter in this next round if every member of the team plays the same game to earn the bronze trophies? I could work on a few games that have a lot of bronzes.

Just now, MidnightCJ said:

I am really sorry again. I used to be consistent. Been busy playing MapleStory all day. :(

I'll try to redeem myself in the next round but I need to have a question or two answered: Does it matter in this next round if every member of the team plays the same game to earn the bronze trophies? I could work on a few games that have a lot of bronzes.

That's fine, but only 3 people can participate in the upcoming round.

You do realize your team didn't even pick you for the last round, right?

There's no advantage or disadvantage to synchronizing trophies in this round. Once again, if your team doesn't select you, you don't earn points. This applies to every event from here to the finale except the relay race, but even that you need to work out who is going when.

Why do you want a pm of the events coming up when there's a perfectly good OP to read?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Okay, could someone PM me the events coming up so I can know when I have to get to work? I really want to show that I am serious about being part of this event.

Why should there be the need to send you the upcoming events if they are listed in the last spoiler in the first post, with the times of the events listed right below the spoiler?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Quick question, why didn't my team receive any points? Both FmFab and myself got trophies in Tales of the borderlands.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out 

Yeah I was going to say you both didn't get the same trophies on the same day/s.

EDIT: @jem12345 for the Rarity Round, do you mean to say that the rarity of the platinums are worth x amount of points, or is it any trophy that falls under the rarity (example: gold ultra rare, etc.)?

Edited by GarciaFever

3 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Yeah I was going to say you both didn't get the same trophies on the same day/s.

EDIT: @jem12345 for the Rarity Round, do you mean to say that the rarity of the platinums are worth x amount of points, or is it any trophy that falls under the rarity (example: gold ultra rare, etc.)?

It's not just platinums, correct. Any trophy that falls under the rarity will get the multiplier. As with the rest of the competition, platinums are worth a base value of 10 (meaning a UR platinum is worth 50) and all other trophies are worth 1.

The countdown has been updated. The tables will be delayed. I have my last final later today, and then I need to pack up and move out of my dorm, so I have an adventurous day ahead. I'll try to have them ready before the third event starts.

1 hour ago, jem12345 said:

The countdown has been updated. The tables will be delayed. I have my last final later today, and then I need to pack up and move out of my dorm, so I have an adventurous day ahead. I'll try to have them ready before the third event starts.

Good luck with your last final and with moving ^_^

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andrea said:

Why do you want a pm of the events coming up when there's a perfectly good OP to read?

10 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Why should there be the need to send you the upcoming events if they are listed in the last spoiler in the first post, with the times of the events listed right below the spoiler?

I saw the dates of the events, not what they were about. I guess I can scour the posts to find the list of descriptions.

Okay, I'm sorry. I assumed that everyone was participating. Well, if you need me, let me know!

I saw the dates of the events, not what they were about. I guess I can scour the posts to find the list of descriptions.

Good luck!

Edited by Andrea

5 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Okay, I'm sorry. I assumed that everyone was participating. Well, if you need me, let me know!

The events are on the front page, in a spoiler right between prizes and point rules (literally 8 line spaces up from the dates)

Just an FYI for the dates, each event starts midnight GMT (which would be 7pm EST)

Keep an eye on this thread as you may get notifications that you're participating in a round here rather than PM

3 hours ago, Andrea said:

It's not just platinums, correct. Any trophy that falls under the rarity will get the multiplier. As with the rest of the competition, platinums are worth a base value of 10 (meaning a UR platinum is worth 50) and all other trophies are worth 1.

Damn I thought for a second only the platinums would get the multiplier.

Just now, TristanBrown17 said:

I've been swamped with finals, but I'm to a point where my events will be directly after I finish finals. Then I'll try my best so we don't have to share that wooden spoon... xD

You're going to need a wooden fork with that spoon lol :P

The tables have been updated. It looks like quite a few Elite haven't posted their lineup yet. That's fine by me.

4 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

For the filthy bronze round @spazza136 will be carrying us with @MattyH16 and @fmfab

In my opinion the comp would have been more fun if the whole team had the opportunity to participate each event rather than just 2 or 3.

I thought so at first too, but then I realized that some people wouldn't be comfortable participating in every event. This kind of setup also prevents burnout.