Kill Your Completion v3. 0

19 hours ago, Melanogaster1987 said:

As for Tiger Woods 14, I'm very surprised that nobody's got the platinum since me. The servers are still up and and you can still find games, however 99% of players online use their created golfer, so people almost certainly won't get the Legendary Matchup trophy without a boosting group. Pin Collector needed a lot of time, but I love the game and played so much that I didn't find it a big problem (but thank goodness there isn't a trophy for getting all the Gold pins on every course! I still play TW14 every day, and even if keep it up, it might take years before I manage to do that). The real headache for me was Last Name Legend - all those challenges that require holes in one or double eagles needed hundreds of attempts each.

I think it took me 150 rounds before I unlocked Pin Collector. I was a bit worried about servers shutting down as I missed some online trophies in TW12. But it is a great game. 30+ courses, most of which host a PGA event. Compare that to Rory's game that has under 15 courses. And of course, no Augusta (gasp!).  The Nicklaus challenges for Last Name Legend were the roughest. The damn one on Pebble Beach nearly broke me. Sarazan's on Augusta No. 2 was a bugger as well. 

Rory's not a bad game ( I played it in KYC2) , it's just real stripped down from what you are used to in the TW games. And of course, they fucked with the putting (again!) so there's a learning curve to it. 

I will be logging in some hours to TW14 next week to gear up for the Masters (which, per an agreement with the wife, is my one designated weekend of the year where I get to be a couch potato ALL weekend). I like to play the course on TW14 a few times before watching the real coverage. It is crazy how accurate the virtual course is. The TV coverage will show some guy preparing to hit and I will instantly know which hole they are on. And I will watch guys hit a drive into a certain spot and think "you're fucked" and sure enough, they are, because I hit in the same spot on TW14. 

Happy Masters week to you!  

• Like 2

Well, some family stuff made me miss a few days, then I spent the last few days struggling to follow all of the threads that I'm part of. Anyways, part of that family stuff was supervising my little brothers on some bounce house festival thing and since I didn't have any Vita games left I ended up starting Lumo instead of Darksiders. Since I'm running out of time here, I'll break the rules yet again and swap those 2 games, dump one and a half more hours into Lumo to make that a 3 hour playtime, and spend the rest of today and the 31st on my 10th game. Sorry Hemiak. ^_^ 

The good news is that I managed to finish GT in time for Xenoverse, so I won't be spoiled by the DLC. I've also watched Batman Begins now that I've been introduced to the Batman universe through the first half of Arkham Asylum. It's a pretty great movie (says someone who doesn't watch all that many movies) and a lot of things I knew from the game were revisited in that movie.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:31 PM, zettlock said:

header.jpg?t=1478088013

<snip>

Rating: 9 Sword Sisters out of 10 Ciri's tits

Trophy progress: 14 of 57 (rank B )

Completion drop : 85,74% → 84,60% (influenced by Disc Jam and C&C Red Alert 3)

I wanted to play this ever since I saw some videos about the game on Youtube, your review pretty much sold me on this now. :D 

Now I'll only need to find out where to pick up such an underrated gem for a decent price.

Also, you should become author, you've got some real talent for writing. ^_^ 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 3

Oh FFS, I just typed a huge review and my phone crapped it out. I played basketball last night so I didn't get a ton of gaming. I got about an hour of Xillia 2 in, which I'll roll into my final review tomorrow. I also got an hour in with Babel Rising, and I'll have to repost that review later. 

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Oh FFS, I just typed a huge review and my phone crapped it out. I played basketball last night so I didn't get a ton of gaming. I got about an hour of Xillia 2 in, which I'll roll into my final review tomorrow. I also got an hour in with Babel Rising, and I'll have to repost that review later. 

I'm excited to hear about Babel Rising, it's been on my radar for awhile. 

6 hours ago, Pickle2907 said:

Game 10: Just Cause 3 

Time Played: Approx 5hrs

Trophies Earned: 6/67

From what I can gather, basically you're a freelance sort of agent who specializes in dictator removal and havoc wreaking. You have returned to your childhood home island and are wanting to overthrow the evil maniac who runs the joint. Cue the explosions and crazy stunts.

The first mission involves flying in to the island, and rescuing your contact/childhood friend. I miss the L2 aim element present in most action/shooter games. It's a mechanic I keep trying to use and it annoys me I can't aim straight as I hip fire, but that's just my awful playstyle. We then meet up with our contact and start to liberate the island, which is fun. You get an area on the map and within that area are a certain number of objects to destroy. You can shoot them, grenade/RPG them, or what I try to do the most.....tether unusual objects together and try and sling them at each other or generally pull shit over. I quite enjoy tethering enemies to cars or buildings and reeling them in.

You also get a parachute and wingsuit allowing relatively quick movement around the map, although I still can't get a grip of the wingsuit. First use I faceplanted the bridge I was supposed to land on and died :facepalm:.

To be fair I don't dislike this game but have a feeling of just generally can't be arsed playing it at the moment. :(....seen a few people mention KYC syndrome, maybe that's what it is.

I'm finding that the load times tend to be too long, maybe because I'm booting off an external, but when I want to retry a challenge I've just done that only took 20 seconds, I don't want to wait almost a minute to retry.

I just platinumed JC3 last month, its one hell of a game! Gratuitous destruction at its finest!! 

Here's a few tips:

- It took me a long time to figure out this is a different type of shooter. The game doesn't really want you to sneak around, take cover, line up shots. They want you to raise holy Hell! I found the best way through missions and liberating outposts is to come in hard (grenades, RPGs, choppers, etc.) and keep moving. When it gets too hot in a situation, extricate yourself out with the grapple (or even parachute). If you get pinned down in a gun battle, you're likely done.

- The wingsuit has a real learning curve to it. Essentially, the more subtle use of the controller, the better. Once you unlock braking, that will help as well. But the threshold for platinum in this game is the wingsuit challenges. Some are absolute ball busters. I probably put in 10 hours to complete just three of the challenges.  

- It's not your PS4 that's slow. This game has horrific load times.  Its extremly aggravating when you fail a challenege and have to stew in your failure as you wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for the game to reload. 

- Pick up collectibles as you liberate regions. It'll take forever if you wait until the end and you unlock fast travels by getting all of them. 

Have fun! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, xFalionx said:

The good news is that I managed to finish GT in time for Xenoverse, so I won't be spoiled by the DLC. I've also watched Batman Begins now that I've been introduced to the Batman universe through the first half of Arkham Asylum. It's a pretty great movie (says someone who doesn't watch all that many movies) and a lot of things I knew from the game were revisited in that movie.

If you thought Batman Begins was pretty great, wait until you see The Dark Knight. That movie is the reason that the Academy Awards have increased the number of Best Film nominations, people were so pissed that that movie got snubbed just because it's based on a comic book superhero... Stellar Joker performance by Heath Ledger, by the way.

Now that you've been introduced to the Batman universe, it would be a shame if nobody would point you to the two Tim Burton movies: Batman (1989) and Batman Returns. Both are a bit more cheesy than the Christopher Nolan movies but they're pretty awesome.

The LEGO Batman Movie that came out recently is actually super cool as well, but I advise you to wait with watching it until you've seen a bit more of Batman. At least watch the 1989 Batman and The Dark Knight - thanks to those two films and the Arkham series, you'll have a pretty good feel about the Batman-Joker dynamic which is an important one for the LEGO movie.

Also, if you're not done with Batman after all that and you really want to get funky...

Spoiler

1977018ba40f890a04176f4bdd86fa77.jpg

11 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I'm excited to hear about Babel Rising, it's been on my radar for awhile. 

11 hours ago, Hemiak said:

And I shall not dissapoint. 

Lf4e11e.png

(...)

All in all this game is pretty fun so far. I was pretty tired last night, which is why I cut it short. All the abilities are useful, and seem different enough to be interesting. The combos are also pretty fun to explore, and I'm looking forward to causing more mass mayhem this evening. 

Yeah I played it back on the X360 a bit, pretty original and fun game, definitely worth a look. I see it was on sale in 2014 for €4 and in 2015 for €3. If it ever reaches €3 again, I'll re-buy it for PS3.

11 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

It took me a long time to figure out this is a different type of shooter. The game doesn't really want you to sneak around, take cover, line up shots. They want you to raise holy Hell! I found the best way through missions and liberating outposts is to come in hard (grenades, RPGs, choppers, etc.) and keep moving. When it gets too hot in a situation, extricate yourself out with the grapple (or even parachute). If you get pinned down in a gun battle, you're likely done.

@Pickle2907 Best advice you'll ever get on Just Cause. BRING THE PAIN!

I liked 2, loved 3 and will definitely go back to it at some point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, voodoo_eyes said:

PS: I was wondering why emoticon tab takes so long to open up... until I realised a shitload of new ones were added, most of them garbage. Fantastic...more shit that fucks with the sites' performance.

Dang, hadn't even noticed that.

That's bad.

?????????????????️????♋?♿???

Okay... so... You know how everyone over forty who finds out about emoticons uses waaaay too many of them? Yeah, this is not helping.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Dang, hadn't even noticed that.

That's bad.

1f913.png1f47b.png1f385.png1f46f.png1f463.png1f43c.png1f422.png1f383.png1f31e.png1f347.png1f355.png1f36b.png1f6a3.png1f47e.png1f680.png1f5fb.png1f3db.png1f4f1.png1f4e1.png1f4ef.png1f49e.png264b.png1f51e.png267f.png1f507.png1f1ed-1f1fa.png

Okay... so... You know how everyone over forty who finds out about emoticons uses waaaay too many of them? Yeah, this is not helping.

This post gave me the opportunity to finally try out the custom filters in my adblocker.

Spoiler

Good thing is I don't have to feel ashamed of mentioning this as I'm premium :D

EDIT: WTF? When I open the editor it says it blocks more than 1,250 images? Srsly? Whoi needs that many emoji-images?

Edited by Crimson Idol