Obligatory trophy thoughts and game discussion

Hertz

16 hours ago, Lelouch Lamperouge said:

Looks like it's going to be a nice grind with the weapons. Getting all the endings should be fun as well....

This trophy though.....

43Lb2428f.png

What Are You Doing? 
2B's secret discovered 10 times.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

39230761.jpg

I love these trophies :awesome: 

So... now onto important question.

Is THIS going to be the most common trophy of the list? :awesome:

16 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

“After saying ‘send me zips of 2B art’ word got around and I actually got a zip. The Internet is great.”

GLORIOUS :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

15 hours ago, KURORAIDEN- said:

Hope some of the endings requires you to complete it on the highest difficulty.

They do? How do you know?

Edit: Never mind. I thought I read "Happy some of the endings requires you to complete it on the highest difficulty." I doubt it, but we'll see :) 

What does everyone think  46Sfab80b.png Naughty Children entails? There's already a Gold trophy for seeing the credits, so I don't think this is the final boss. Optional superboss at the end of a long Quest line, maybe? 

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

Just now, DPatriot said:

Once you get to NG++ there's a merchant that let's you buy the trophies from them for 100k each (which isn't very much). You can buy every trophy except for 3 of the ending specific trophies.

This really unexpected,  especially from PG

Hope its ok Gage :)

Am I getting this right? You may purchase the Playstation Trophies in an in-game store using in-game currency, or am I reading this completely wrongly? That sounds beyond absurd to me. You buy something in the in-game store, and then the trophy you bought pops? Incomprehensible :o If that's the case, the entire trophy list just boils down to a bunch of trophies for "collect lots and lots of currency". 

And how expensive is it? How many levels must you thoroughly raid to get enough to be able to buy a silver trophy, for instance? 

2 hours ago, DPatriot said:

Once you get to NG++ there's a merchant that let's you buy the trophies from them for 100k each (which isn't very much). You can buy every trophy except for 3 of the ending specific trophies.

This really unexpected,  especially from PG

Hope its ok Gage :)

Wait, is this for real :blink: 

• 3 weeks later...

Yoko Taro trolls the Achievement System.

I got every Trophy legit because I loved this game and wanted to keep playing it.

...save for one. I did NOT want to spend hours upgrading my pods. So I bought that trophy and got the Circle of Death to finish the run.

I'm fairly glad I did because most of the trophies are enjoyable.

LOL, today I felt really smart, so I thought I can skip the f***ing Ugrade all Weapon Trophy.. so I did, but just for fun, I went to Masamune to check out, how far I would get with my grind so far.. and guess what.. all Lv4. What the heck? In Nier I gave up on this stupid grind stuff, but in Automata it came just by itself... 

5 hours ago, Sylver001 said:

LOL, today I felt really smart, so I thought I can skip the f***ing Ugrade all Weapon Trophy.. so I did, but just for fun, I went to Masamune to check out, how far I would get with my grind so far.. and guess what.. all Lv4. What the heck? In Nier I gave up on this stupid grind stuff, but in Automata it came just by itself... 

Cool. My greatest annoyance is finding specific machine parts (Machine Legs, etc), because the droprate is so low. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Cool. My greatest annoyance is finding specific machine parts (Machine Legs, etc), because the droprate is so low. 

Try to farm in the dark cave, where Emil's house is, the mobs there drop more rare parts (imho), and of course in the desert, where you fought Adam for the first time. (Don't forget your Lv6 Plug in Chips for more drops. (buy them from Emil if neccessary) More quantity goes there hand in hand with better quality =)

Edited by Sylver001
  • Like 2

What a game!  Got my Plat, legit, after 100hrs, the other day, and I'm pining for more.   Heard there was a slight possibility of a NieR remaster if Automata sells well, I hope so, currently both games are easily in my best games of all time, I can't recommend both NieR games enough, unforgettable experiences.   As to trophies, buy them, grind them, or ultimately forget about them and just enjoy the games for everything they deliver.

Just finished ending E.

I've given up on completing games for many reasons. Too hard, too grindy, too boring, not having fun, what have you.

...this is the first time I've considered giving up on completing it out of respect for the game itself. Honestly, I really want to keep playing but at the same time I feel like a scumbag for doing it and I'm pretty damn tempted to just buy all the trophies at the shop, going back to the final choice and picking the other option. Loving a game so much that you feel you shouldn't play it any longer? I've been playing since the NES and I've never seen anything like this.

Fuck it, I'm fucking doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't bought this game purely because I disagree with trophies that can be bought. When you can bypass the original requirement for a trophy (list) which is already poor in the first place, I'm not supportive of that, nor would I be supportive of any trend of the sort. Luckily, it does not look like it will be ever the direction we will be headed in. The whole trophy list in itself is meaningless, void of all merit. I will never support a game which drastically and cheapens the outlook on a system which adds a good extra dimension to gaming.