Rarity Leaderboard

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, Smithy said:

Just want to start by saying that I haven't been able to find a similar forum for this so I thought I'd start one. I don't know how popular of an idea this will be, as I assume that most people on this site are more interested in their trophy count rather than the number of Ultra Rares they have. I feel as though the leaderboards could offer some alternative options, apart from the current one which is strictly based on trophy points.  Having seen a similar leaderboard on another site, i just thought it'd work well on Psnprofiles as the stats on here (in my opinion) are more accurate. 

I'd suggest a scoring system based on each rarity, for example...

Ultra Rare= 500

Very Rare=100

Rare=50

Uncommon=25

Common=10

I personally think that a format like this would be good for the minority of trophy hunters that aim for Ultra Rare plats, trophies etc...

I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this, and just for reference, the site I had mentioned was PSNTL.

Hello Smithy, Do please keep in mind that trophy hunters and trophy boosters are two separate groups. One is L.G.C. and the other is C.F.C. With that being said any boosted trophies should be minus 500 points as they were not earned legitimately. Also would this hypothetical leaderboard give credits for glitched trophies? Here are my glitched trophies thus far :

Defiance : That Hagisi Lied (bronze) Uncommon

Legend of Defiance (Platinum) Ultra Rare

The Lion's Claw (Silver) Ultra Rare

The Snake's Bite(Silver) Very Rare

The Unbreakable Horn (Silver) Very Rare

Earth Defense Force 2025 : Weapons 100% complete (silver) Ultra Rare

EDF 2025 (Platinum) Ultra Rare

Wipeout HD : Bling Brigade (Bronze) Ultra Rare

Transcendence (Platinum) Ultra Rare

Twisted Metal : Any Car will Do (Gold) Ultra Rare

Another Level (Silver) Ultra Rare

Point, Shoot, Kill (Gold) Ultra Rare

For the record I do have video evidence to support these glitched trophy claims. My glitched trophy total would be worth 4750 and includes 3 ultra rare platinum trophies...lol

On 20-3-2017 at 7:20 PM, Papidadi said:

Also would this hypothetical leaderboard give credits for glitched trophies?

If the trophy is obtainable, whether it be by a glitch or not, ... why wouldn't it count ... ?

• Like 2

Take a page from SSX and call the Super-Ubers. xD

Seriously though I like this idea a lot. I agree common should be zero but other than that I'm not that worried about the actual value of the different ranks. With the OPs currently suggested method I would have 368,235. On to 400k. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I am a fan of a rarity leaderboard.  I tend to prefer harder games and I would rank much better on rarity than trophy points.

That said, my score would be 151,255.  Hmmm, not as good I as I thought. Maybe I should work less and hunt more...

6 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

How about exponent based so 50% = 1 and 0.01% = 1,000 (or any other max) but it isn't linear:

BoTkjnW.png

@Sly Ripper, first of all ... Thank you for taking your time and replying. ??

Exponent based ?!? Excellent idea! And it is something that would make the point system pretty unique as most others work with a specific set of reward points. It would also make the point difference 'smaller' when a trophy switches from 1 rarity level to another when, for example, the trophy goes from 5.00% to 5.01% working with a score system like this instead of a certain set of points. 

@Sly Ripper, is there a possibility that this will one day see the light on PSNP? 

Do you have any thoughts on the Rarity Ratio I presented?

And if I may be so curious, ... what is the formula that you used?

Thx again, @Sly Ripper!

8 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

How about exponent based so 50% = 1 and 0.01% = 1,000 (or any other max) but it isn't linear:

This makes sense to me. I was going to suggest something like this yesterday but I could see how attached people were getting to their points so I didn't bother lol. My thoughts were to just use the inverse of the percentage so that, for example, 100% = 1 point, 50% = 2 points, 20% = 5 points, 5% = 20 points, 1% = 100 points, but on a continuous scale (without grouping them into categories that share the same points eg. 0% to 5% = 500 points).

A question to everyone... Do you think it's necessary to have discrete points values awarded to certain ranges (eg. 0%-5% = 500 points)? Or is it better to use a continuous scale which better reflects every difference in percentage, but maybe isn't as easy to understand or work out.

Hm... i love Leaderboards , and i was not caring about rarity much until now. It would defenitly (<- @Satoshi Ookami ?) change my mind about playing some harder games just to rank up on this specific Leaderboard.

But it would have way more movement in the leaderboard , because the rarity changes so frequently.