Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

FYI, Warhammer quest is getting delisted on steam. Doesnt say anything on the PS Store page though.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/326670/view/6717740121820282043?l=dutch

Currently 60% in the NA store for anyone who wants to mitigate the risk. No indication that Warhammer Quest 2 is affected, despite it apparently being the same publisher (at least on PlayStation).

EDIT: While it's unclear why the game is being Delisted on Steam, the first game is published by Chilled Mouse while the second lists Perchang as the publisher. On PS, both games appear to be published by Chilled Mouse. So not to be alarmist, but there is some chance that WQ2 may be at risk as well as there is a fair chance it's a licensing issue. It is likewise 60% off right now.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

FYI, Warhammer quest is getting delisted on steam. Doesnt say anything on the PS Store page though.

I would advise people buy it. I collect Warhammer games on PC and PS and typically if there's one thing Warhammer is always strict on it's when their licenses end.

Look at how many people didn't realize the Space Hulk games were removed until months after.

3 hours ago, We All Fall Down said:

Don't know if it's been said but the PS4 version's of The Lost Child, God Wars: Future Past & Natural Doctrine are still on Asian PSN stores (I assume because Dragami published them in Asia). To my knowledge only the NIS America published PS4 version's were affected by the delisting (which were Europe & North America). The PS Vita version's of The Lost Child & Natural Doctrine are also still available on the North American store (at full price), I can't confirm the other PS Vita regions at the moment. 

Maybe a note should be added to those versions. @EdinhoN

These screenshots were taken today (October 20, 2023):

Reveal hidden contents

PS5/PS4 Hong Kong, Japan & Korea Stores:

COMIC-BOOK-4.jpg

COMIC-BOOK-5.jpg

COMIC-BOOK-6.jpg

PS Vita North American Store:

2023-10-18-231638.jpg

2023-10-20-150211.jpg

It's so weird when SEA is the last to actually delist something for once 😂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Tom Clancy's Ghost recon: Future solider died again, this time likely it will be permanent 

Also spies vs mercs died again on blacklist but the daily challenge seems to still be accessible

This is probably the last all for those who need the online trophies in the games ubisoft was supposed to close this time last year

This^

The ShadowNet and standard Daily Challenge trophies are still obtainable but the MP trophies and the MP related Challenge trophy are all toast.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Some details on Warhammer Quest below. In summary, it is indeed a license expiration but WQ2 should be unaffected. No specifics on the console version, but I'd be surprised if it outlasted the Steam version by much.

https://www.pcgamer.com/another-warhammer-games-license-runs-out-as-warhammer-quest-announces-its-delisting-on-steam/

• Like 3

No more rocking out.

Rocksmith 2014 has been delisted from all storefronts as of today.  They quietly announced a removal a few days ago before it's tenth anniversary. DLC is up but Ubisoft already mentioned it will go soon too. (No dates on when dlc will leave.) There's a new version on its way still called Rocksmith+ they left it vague wether they would shutdown online servers for Rocksmith 2014 when this new version releases. (No trophies should be affected.)

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-celebrates-rocksmith-2014s-10th-anniversary-by-removing-it-from-sale-on-all-storefronts/

• Like 3

On 10/19/2023 at 2:26 PM, Bumperklever said:

I messaged Chilled Mouse Ltd about Warhammer Quest being delisted on Steam and if they were delisting it for PS4 as well, this is what they said. 

chilled.png

• Confused 1

On 10/24/2023 at 9:59 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

No more rocking out.

Rocksmith 2014 has been delisted from all storefronts as of today.  They quietly announced a removal a few days ago before it's tenth anniversary. DLC is up but Ubisoft already mentioned it will go soon too. (No dates on when dlc will leave.) There's a new version on its way still called Rocksmith+ they left it vague wether they would shutdown online servers for Rocksmith 2014 when this new version releases. (No trophies should be affected.)

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-celebrates-rocksmith-2014s-10th-anniversary-by-removing-it-from-sale-on-all-storefronts/

DLC is consistently being delisted en years after it was first made available. It's likely that's the licensing term that was used for the music. There aren't any trophies directly tied to DLC, but easier or more enjoyable songs makes things like streaks or long playtime easier.

I've been using the (surprisingly well documented) Wikipedia article to stay ahead of delistings for songs I would want to download: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_Rocksmith

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tothoro said:

DLC is consistently being delisted en years after it was first made available. It's likely that's the licensing term that was used for the music. There aren't any trophies directly tied to DLC, but easier or more enjoyable songs makes things like streaks or long playtime easier.

I've been using the (surprisingly well documented) Wikipedia article to stay ahead of delistings for songs I would want to download: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_Rocksmith

Licensing is for the term but the way they worded it, makes it sound dlc could be delisted altogether at a set time later.

In this way think of Driveclub or soon in December with GT Sport. The licenses and their terms may have been different lengths in terms of when they were published from when they actually got the license but the end date could be the same. Despite dates released length of term, etc.

4 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

Liberation HD 🤔 As far as I know there is nothing online in those versions. No mention of the Vita release which actually has online trophies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Liberation HD 🤔 As far as I know there is nothing online in those versions. No mention of the Vita release which actually has online trophies.

It’s still best to clear out the three online trophies for the VITA version of Liberation in case something happens. Though the online mode is most like a FaceBook game, and you send out troops for missions etc., it shouldn’t take very long to finish up (I would say probably around 5 hours or so).

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

It’s still best to clear out the three online trophies for the VITA version of Liberation in case something happens. Though the online mode is most like a FaceBook game, and you send out troops for missions etc., it shouldn’t take very long to finish up (I would say probably around 5 hours or so).

Liberation on vita has to have one of the most boring multiplayer grinds I’ve ever done. 0/10 would not recommend

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

Uh, that's funny. AC Revelations on PC is already dead and the console versions came back online from nowhere and without any notice from Ubisoft 🤔

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

Nothing when it comes to trophies will be affected. Although anyone who hunts Achievements on Xbox may want to go after Splinter Cell Conviction sooner than later since there is Achievements tied to coop.