Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has a trophy enabled mini-game that's online only and is tied to both the Plat and 2 of the trophy DLCs so as and when those servers close, the Plat and 100% will be rendered unobtainable.

Deus Ex PS3? Which trophy exactly? Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Wrong game, PIOTREK27-1982 was asking about the PS4 sequel "Mankind Divided", not the PS3 prequel "Human Revolution".

So, just to make sure, the PS3 Deus Ex games are 100% achievable then?

49 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Wrong. Dark Souls 1 has not been announced for shutdown, only Dark Souls 2.

But the platinums can still be earned without any issues, right?

Edited by Deceptrox

51 minutes ago, Ryan Industries said:

Bendy and the Ink Machine & Rwby: Grimm Eclipse. (The Rooster Teeth ones)

fwiw neither have ever gone on sale on psn and since Grimm Eclipse is 7 years old and has no disc its probably "safe" to get it now if you have any inclination 

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

5 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

You think that's idiotic? Same thing happend with every PS3 FAT back in the days. Sony forgot to put one additional day to internal clock of said models. Still remember people formating their HDD and selling their consoles for no reasonmbefore it was fixed. Only Slims worked when it happened.

P.S. Any info on Dark Souls PS3 servers? Are they closed already?

P.S.2. You mentioned Deus Ex Humankind Devided and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Second game doesn't have any online trophies? It's still totally doable? And what about Deus Ex? It has some kind online mode or is it singleplayer but requires online connection?

Yeah, I remember the PS3 leap year bug XD

Did you mean the 2nd Tomb Raider game?  Rise of The Tomb Raider?  I'd say a lot trophies should be online required, as the cards are tied to the servers and there's a lot of things that are impossible to do without the cards.  Oh and there's a coop mode that's tied to online.

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ryan Industries said:

Warner Bros. Discovery is shutting down Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC over the next few months (Credit: Variety). I have no idea if this will affect their games but they published and/or developed at least 2 games on PS4, Bendy and the Ink Machine & Rwby: Grimm Eclipse. Bendy is an offline platinum, while Rwby has at least 10 online trophies spread across the base game and DLC, they are:

Field Medic

Go Team RWBY!

Mutant Hunter

Sister Synergy

Team DUST

Team Player

Top Score

You da Real MVP

Go Team JNPR! (DLC)

Spoiler Alert (DLC)

Both games got sequels but were published/developed by other companies, they are Bendy and the Dark Revival & Rwby: Arrowfell. Rwby: Arrowfell might be in trouble as well since Rooster Teeth owns the IP and Warner Bros. Discovery is apparently trying to sell it (Credit: SuperHeroHype).

data2.png

Photo-PLAYSTATION-2024-3-7-5-40-49.jpg

Edit: OP already mentioned the physical version of Bendy and the Ink Machine. 

Edited by Banana_Sausage47
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

Update to the Warner Bros / Adult Swim situation. Developer of the PC game Soundodger+, also published by Adult Swim, confirmed in discord that it is also getting retired within the next 60 days. So we know for sure that there is more on the chopping block then just Small Radios Big Televisions.

Buy any Adult Swim games you have been sitting on while you can as any of them could go, maybe all of them.

EDIT: A developer of another PC game, Fist Puncher, has also received this notice. When asked to transfer the game to them Warner Bros refused: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2024/03/its-kind-of-depressing-wb-discovery-pulls-indie-game-for-business-changes/?comments=1&comments-page=2 (See the promoted comment)

Looks to me like they are shuttering Adult Swim Games and taking all the games with them. Honestly between this and all shit they have pulled access from in their movie and TV show front I am never gonna support Warner Bros again.

I did just notice on the store that on the stores (US and EU) that Akupara is listed as the publisher for Rainworld and it's DLC.  I wonder if the rights reverted from Adult Swim at some point?

EDIT - I've just emailed them asking what is happening with Rainworld

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I did just notice on the store that on the stores (US and EU) that Akupara is listed as the publisher for Rainworld and it's DLC.  I wonder if the rights reverted from Adult Swim at some point?

EDIT - I've just emailed them asking what is happening with Rainworld

Akupara obtained the publishing rights for that game a while ago so it's highly unlikely it will get delisted as part of the Adult Swim purge :): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim_Games

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Ryan Industries said:

-snip-

Looking into Duck Game, you can downgrade to version 1.03 to get the trophies. Not something your average Joe is gonna want to do though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ryan Industries said:

I picked up Samurai Jack on disc. I can't justify spending $53+ on a digital game, so for an extra $7, I got a Japanese retail copy. The LRG version goes for over $100 CAD. Death's Gambit is about $30, so I'll probably pick that up too. 

Yes, I'm back with the spreadsheets. If anything is inaccurate, let me know.

I don't know for sure, but just looking some of them up on PSN don't have Adult Swim as the publisher.
Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe lists "Trinket Studios Inc." as publisher.

Death's Gambit: Afterlife lists "Serenity Forge" as publisher.

As previously mentioned, all 3 Rain World items are listed as published by "Akupara Games, LLC"

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 4