Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

7 hours ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

Bendy and the Ink Machine is currently on sale for $4. I would pick it up right now before the likely delisting.

I don't see it listed on the front page of this topic. You sure?

11 hours ago, shipper321 said:

All the ones that came back up in July are now finally dead. Splinter Cell's SvM mode looks to be playable, but you're still locked out of Lv 10 because of uPlay being killed off.

Can confirm that Uplay for blacklist is toast

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Asim_25 said:

Hunter's Arena: Legends is scheduled to officially end service soon (exact date and time will be announced at a later date) 

Can you post a screenshot of the message and in what discord server this was posted? I had no access to it.

15 hours ago, shipper321 said:

All the ones that came back up in July are now finally dead. Splinter Cell's SvM mode looks to be playable, but you're still locked out of Lv 10 because of uPlay being killed off.

Are you saying Splinter Cell: Blacklist, AC: Revelations, Ghost Recon and Driver: San Francisco have all suddenly died again? EDIT: I've just seen your post in the Unobtainable trophies thread :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

How long would Hunter's Arena: Legends take to Platinum if you start from 0%? I have it on my profile, but I'm not sure about wanting to do it. The trophy list doesn't really look doable if the shutdown will be soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

How long would Hunter's Arena: Legends take to Platinum if you start from 0%? I have it on my profile, but I'm not sure about wanting to do it. The trophy list doesn't really look doable if the shutdown will be soon.

Based about what I have read. It's easy but grindy. The problem it's about the trio mode where we need to be ten or twelve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I did the ps5 version in a week at launch, but I couldn't tell you what it would be these days

Like @Breakingthegreen.. we’ll probably be able to do it in a week as everyone in their mama will be jumping into it… including myself 😂

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Not sure if this was posted earlier in the thread but just as a reminder Dark Souls 2 and Armored Core Verdict Day will be going offline on 31st, not sure if that's JP time, NA time or EU time but either way you've got about 2-3 days to play them online. DSII has no online trophies but Armored Core Verdict Day has around 20 of them.

• Like 3

Made the unpleasant discovery that the DLC for Tales of Hearts R needed to be downloaded individually and not just with the purchasing of the seasonal pass. If the 16 items were not downloaded even though you bought the seasonal pass, you can't access the content now. The store pages are unlikely to be restored, but I did notice that Symphonia and it's sequel are still up on the PS3 store.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Made the unpleasant discovery that the DLC for Tales of Hearts R needed to be downloaded individually and not just with the purchasing of the seasonal pass. If the 16 items were not downloaded even though you bought the seasonal pass, you can't access the content now. The store pages are unlikely to be restored, but I did notice that Symphonia and it's sequel are still up on the PS3 store.

Please don't quote me on this, but my understanding with the Vita DLC commonly being this style of, almost, microstransactional structuring has to do with a popular trend in Japan wherein merchandise and popular convenience store goods would often come with codes to get these items for free, and in order to bring the same content to other regions they were made to as individual digital downloads in a similar fashion albeit without the benefit of getting a soda or a bag of candy to go with it.

Any bilingual Japanese forum members can go ahead and correct me on this, but this was what was explained to me elsewhere in regards to Freedom Wars and Ragnarok Odyssey, for example, having dozens of single item downloads in their DLC lists.

The negative side effects of this model are made incredibly obvious when a game like this delists or goes offline, and that's only going to compound over time as the late-release PS3 titles and major Vita release titles that did this start to close or be removed from the store. If you have a game on either platform with lots of micro downloads, pick your favorite, I guess, would be my advice, because you never know when it's going to go. Prioritize major expansions if they have trophy support, if you care about 100% trophy stacks, and can financially justify it, obviously.

• Like 2

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/flagging-megacorp-embracer-group-is-now-selling-off-gearbox-entertainment-to-take-two-for-dollar460-million/

Embracer selling off Gearbox to Take Two Interactive. The Remnant series and Hyper Light Breaker will remain as IPs under Embracer as with several undisclosed future titles under a new publisher/developer name they've yet to announce. Remnant 2 still has alot of popularity so I doubt it will be at risk. But maybe keep eyes on Remnant 1. (No idea if this also includes Chronos which is a "prequel" the Remnant games.)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I'm afraid that's Bandai Namco to you.

During the years, i bought the season passes for games like Ridge Racer Vita, Tekken 7 and Soulcalibur VI, and they worked the very same way.

Would it be worth trying to contact Bandai Namco support? There was no notice that these games were going down and nobody seems to know why they were pulled.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Would it be worth trying to contact Bandai Namco support? There was no notice that these games were going down and nobody seems to know why they were pulled.

If they've gone out of their way to take it off the store, then there must be a good enough reason to do so. I doubt people saying "hey, I missed out" will make them put their initial 'reason' aside just for the few. It is unfortunate for it to happen without warning, I know.

Upon buying a season pass, you should always check and redeem the items. For the most part, a season pass is just like a key. You bought the key that gives you access, but you still need to unlock the door. It's far less common for a season pass to unlock everything you paid for.

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

If they've gone out of their way to take it off the store, then there must be a good enough reason to do so. I doubt people saying "hey, I missed out" will make them put their initial 'reason' aside just for the few. It is unfortunate for it to happen without warning, I know.

Upon buying a season pass, you should always check and redeem the items. For the most part, a season pass is just like a key. You bought the key that gives you access, but you still need to unlock the door. It's far less common for a season pass to unlock everything you paid for.

It really doesn't look like they've gone out of their way though. Xillia and Graces f are still up as a double pack but their DLC listings are gone from the store, but the DLC can still be accessed to some extent on their menu. Symphonia and Symphonia 2 are still there but their double pack was removed. It's already been a few days and they're still up. This looks like it might be an error on someone's end. You can compare it to when Sega was saying they're going to be removing games and gave a date for the final day, there was no incomplete removal, they took the games off of the PS3. If this was a deliberate removal, it's very inconsistent. They also just shut the servers down for Dark Souls 2, but they made an announcement months ago and also gave warning. This sudden removal just doesn't seem like someone consciously made it.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio