[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

@Uchiha_Snake__, @scarishbal -- I'm not seeing your games as being complete yet. If you get them done before Saturday is over, I'll still count them (using GMT-- you have a little less than 22 hours from this post).

@AS_CHAOTIC, updated you but realized I forgot to give you a HC star. I'll update that this weekend when I do stat updates.

@Edunstar84, which games did you complete for the theme, and which would you like as your May icon? We've already counted Batman, LEGO Star Wars and Psychopass definitely count, but do either Time & Eternity or Monster Hunter World count? And how many count toward the challenges?

@Yomako01, I gave you a 100% golden star for the minor theme rather than a platinum star because you already had the platinum for that game a long time ago (7 years! Holy crap!). You got your challenge ranks for DLC and Over a Year Ago as well :) 

Anyone have anything for June yet?
I already got Blue Reflection (there's a lot of scenes at the pool and even a swim race-- but it's not a mini-game unfortunately... just a cut scene), Abzu (you're a scuba diver-- again, no HC because the scuba diving IS the game, not a mini-game), and The Unfinished Swan (all the levels feature some sort of water-- pond, ocean, river, flood). All of this was prepped for a Day 1 pop for Camp Wannalottaplat (which is still taking a few more entries if anyone is interested).

• Like 2

I have a June game already, thanks to Camp Wannalottaplat as well - What Remains of Edith Finch. 

It takes place in and around a house on the coast (built overlooking the ruins of the family's old home which had been lost at sea), and the ocean is important to the setting and to some of the characters' stories.  I don't think it fits the HC requirement, though.  Really interesting game that tries a lot of new things, not everything about it works but it's well worth checking out.

OK, end of May stats...

Already addressed Exist Archive for the monthly challenge.  I can add Guardians of the Galaxy to that for a second plat star as well.  Definitely future tech but still present day so no HC.  Still, 2 plats for this months challenge was good, with the bonus of completing Exist Archive for the other event (Weeblympics).

Monthly

Plats: +2

100%: NC

Completion Rate: +0.75%

Totals

Plats: 116 (+13 for event)

100%: 46 (+2 for event)

Completion Rate: 79.31% (+0.30% for event)

Going to keep working on recovering my completion rate.  Started back on Risen 3 for this month's challenge and got a couple of trophies towards it today.   Also finished all the DLC for Costume Quest after 5+ years.  Water is a bit of a stretch though there is a toxic river you cross during it.  Definitely no water related mini-game though.

@eigen-space / @RizzleAbbey12 - Just a little amendment needed for the stats OP. These are what the stats bit should look like for 2018.

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 83

100% completed: 70

Completion: 52.25%

Stats at the June 1st of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 115 + 43

100% completed: 84 + 14

Completion: 53.85% + 1.60%

Some amendments to the months games if I may:

March - Spring

Minor: What A View - Puppeteer still covers this theme but also counts towards another event and 'complete a game with a trophy over a year old'.

Minor: Spring Clean - Salt and Sanctuary covers this theme, one blue star to be added please.

April - Supers

Minor: Save The Day - I have three games which fulfil the HCR for this month. Batman: Return to Arkham Asylum, South Park: TFBW and Enigmatis 3. 

May - Out Of This World

Minor: Technology - If the Delorean counts then Back to the Future will it this theme as well as 'counting towards another event'.

Minor: Phone Home - Guardians of the Galaxy for this theme as well as 'counting towards another event'.

June's theme: Let's Get Wet!

I don't have many ideas for this month...

Just got back to civilization from a camping trip (no cell service). Quick update before heading to bed:

Last month, I played and platinumed Tacoma for the HCR. 

Also, my icon for the previous month is incorrect and should be the LEGO Marvel completion.

Hopefully I get through God of War for this month’s game as I had to put it down to play a couple games before E3 spoils them.

Sorry for not posting in a while--school swallowed up most of my life since the end March and only just cleared up at the beginning of this month. A quick summary of the past three months:

March

• Cleared the DLC for Muramasa Rebirth, which is a visually stunning game and this carries over to the DLC
  • OdinSphere Leifthrasir, also a visually beautiful game with an enthralling story

April and May

• Nothing for these two months, really. I was too busy studying these two months and finishing papers to have actually cleared anything

June

• Drive Girls, just finished this one. Might be a stretch, but the game is set on an island

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +8

100% completed: -

Completion: +0.85%

I completely forgot to update here for May. Too many events! Anyway, I prepped Megatagmension Blanc vs Neptune vs Zombies in May which will be popped sometime this week after my 100th plat which should hopefully be done tomorrow. 

June Update

:platinum: Reverie

You spend the entirety of the game on an Island, so the ocean, a river and lakes are involved.

• Hardcore Requirement - one of the dungeons has you find a snorkel and use water to solve puzzles
  • Complete a game the counts toward a different PSNP event - counts for Camp Wannalottaplat

My May has never been updated to reflect the skip. It just says (probable skip), and shows I still have 2 available when I should have 1.

My June update is 100% in Battleship. It takes place on water, so fits the June theme. It also fits the challenge "Complete a game in which you earned the first trophy over a year ago."

Platinum trophies: +6

100% completed: +4

Completion: +1.66%

Edited by ShogunCroCop

On 5/30/2018 at 10:07 AM, scarishbal said:

A  mini update before the end of the month. I chose Borderlands the Pre-Sequel - so far I've completed the story, I have one side quest left and the DLC. Along with some miscellaneous  trophies. I still have one more day left I'm not giving up! I really do want the platinum!

I really didn’t make as much progress as I was hoping for. I’m missing one trophy but I’m stuck at a boss fight and I’m too poor to buy ammunition to actually beat it.  But hopefully one day I’ll finish it. 

For the June theme I've got the plat for "Danganronpa 1.2 Reload" the second game takes place on Jabberwock Island completely surrounded by water.

Spoiler

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Free Download « IGGGAMES

I completed this as part of Camp Wannalottaplat so now I think all I have is to complete a game where I got the first trophy a year ago, I was hoping Prey would have covered that last month but didn't get the Plat until the 2nd or 3rd of June :facepalm:

Ok, early update this month. I achieved the plat for Risen 3: Titan Lords, a pirate themed RPG that wants to be ES-lite but achieves that in concept only. The combat is clunky though it smooths out later in the game as you get stronger. The missions are rather mundane, often being complicated more for filler than anything constructive.  Characters are fairly one dimensional and the good/evil morale mechanism comes off pretty unnoticeable.  Of course, having pirates means it involves the southern seas so that means water.

You can swim to some smaller islands next to the main areas and it has a mini-game of sorts in a few late game missions where you pilot your boat around an area in combat with sea monsters so I think that qualifies for the HC.  Boarding vessels late in the game is pretty meh. I also started it over a year ago so that challenge is met as well.

We'll see where the rest of the month takes me as I clean up more old games to keep recovering my completion rate. Almost back to 80%.

Ok-- just did a massive update over the last 2-ish hours. It's likely that I missed something, so if something isn't right, let me know! I also updated stats for everyone in the event, so whatever you had over the past couple hours is what's listed even if you had given me a stats update previously.
A few users have also been moved to inactive, so if you see your name missing and still want to be involved, let me know and give me your updates! I'll update past months if you just haven't remember to post.

@cerafinn, I've updated you. One thing to note is that you already used Muramasa's Rebirth platinum in February so it can't count for March even though you did complete the DLC. Everything else looked good though.

@Kent, I have you down for just story completion for May since I didn't see a plat on it.

@Kevvik, I've updated May and June for you.

@Psy-Tychist, I've made your updates. For each month there are votes between the two minor themes, so I only added the games for the one that was actually picked (what a view and tech were the ones used for the respective months).

@scarishbal, I didn't notice a completed game in the first couple days of June, so I had nothing to change for May. @Uchiha_Snake__, I did see your game completed at the beginning of June so I did count it for May.

@XX_FTW, I think I got your April game icon fixed and also updated for May.

@Dessane, @Edunstar84, @fishy10101, @Fitzquaid, @Mesopithecus, @PermaFox, @ShogunCroCop-- all of you have been updated with nothing additional to note.

As for me, I finished DLC for Tales of Zestiria. Started the DLC over a year ago and the base game over two years ago. There are several rivers, lakes, water dungeons, etc so it counts for the minor theme.
Also got the plat in Cat's Quest-- which is super fun and everyone should totally buy. Starts off with a scene in a boat and eventually in the game you learn how to walk on water.

• Like 3

@eigen-space The rules state that if you're one trophy away from the Platinum and were saving it for a milestone or event you'll get the Platinum for that month. I've done it many times in the past. 

On 5/10/2017 at 1:02 PM, MonthlyMadnessTC said:

Participants can request a platinum rank for a trophy list that has only one missing trophy (or more that are stackable) before the platinum trophy, if they're participating in a time sensitive event like the Platinum Rain Day.

3 hours ago, Kent said:

@eigen-space The rules state that if you're one trophy away from the Platinum and were saving it for a milestone or event you'll get the Platinum for that month. I've done it many times in the past. 

Which event is it for? I didn't see you mention that it was being saved for an event.

Edited by eigen-space