List of "doable" Games with Ultra Rare trophies

DynaVita

10 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World: While the game itself is less tedious than ToS, there is just no really good guide about collectibles/ skits/ monsters anywhere and thus many things needed for trophies are easily missable. Conclusion: Easy, but lots of missable stuff, thus tedious!

Having done this very recently, there's actually a fantastic guide for it. Got everything done in 55 hours besides the 100 hour trophy.

Red dead redemption:Nothing hard about this game just boost the online trophies and your good to go

star ocean the last hope: Just takes 500+ hours but it is very doable

mirror's edge: Only thing that will give you trouble is the speed runs and time trails but with a little practice you can plat it

gta 4: just a really grindy game nothing about it is hard tho

• Like 1

Naughty Bear is easy for as rare as it is but the online is buggier than a cowpie in July.

Dead Nation has a high learning curve but once you figure it out it is easy. I did the MP trophies on the PS4 by myself with the second controller on my lap.

Zombi is HELLA easy but tedious because the game isn't good. At all.

Legasista can be done by way of glitch:  there's a way to set up your party so that your characters are invincible in dungeons.  Most of the trophies come from running the bonus dungeons to completion, and immortality makes it a relatively simple thing, just so long as the RNG gives you the necessary item to get past Level 100 at some point.

Vessel is pretty straightforward, and you can liberally use YouTube videos to show you how to solve puzzles.

3 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

Rogue Legacy was not that bad.  It is a lot of patern recognition and muslce memory.  It is also one of the best Rogue-Like games out there

If I never see those re-mix bosses again, it will be too soon.  Those guys were obnoxious, especially for a guy like me who doesn't play much in the way of platformers or bullet hell dodge-fests.

3 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Having done this very recently, there's actually a fantastic guide for it. Got everything done in 55 hours besides the 100 hour trophy.

Then I stand corrected. :P When I platted it, there was no guide. Then I don't know why the plat is ultra-rare. Maybe because the game is just not as good as ToS and many people don't complete it...?

Gonna go back to Puppeteer soon and it really doesn't seem THAT hard, wasn't it a PS+ title at one point? Because that might affect rarity if lots of people downloaded it for free but a lot of them never bothered to finish the game

Also working on LBP Vita, the BIGGEST pain seems to be all the online trophies (including getting 50 plays from different players on a level you made and collecting prize bubbles from 2-player only areas), though also struggling with some of the arcade games...

6 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

Rogue Legacy was not that bad.  It is a lot of patern recognition and muslce memory.  It is also one of the best Rogue-Like games out there

If you're going to say that, then Super Meat Boy isn't that bad, either. 

3 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

Then I stand corrected. :P When I platted it, there was no guide. Then I don't know why the plat is ultra-rare. Maybe because the game is just not as good as ToS and many people don't complete it...?

The guide for skits is fantastic. The problem is that the game doesn't always register that you watched a skit. I despise this plat.

I feel like if I've earned it, then it's do-able lol. But I guess there are games with very inactive online modes that may make the platinum difficult for most. As far as actual difficulty goes, I only find one game in which I surprised myself by earning the platinum, which was Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. I saw it mentioned in the original post and found that interesting. I found myself very absorbed in the game and stayed dedicated enough to get better and eventually able to earn the platinum. But I don't think the average person would find the platinum easy at all, honestly. Going through my other Ultra Rares, I'll note the ones I think are mostly do-able.

The Golf Club- Maybe it's just my interest in golf games, but I didn't find it too difficult. Some luck is involved for trophies like getting a hole-in-one, but I earned the platinum without too much issue in about 2 days.

Metro: Last Light (PS3)- More challenging of a list than the PS4 version, but it isn't terribly difficult. Will probably need a guide, especially for the no-kill run, but it's manageable enough.

Puppeteer- The trophy list is rather overwhelming with a lot to do. You will need a guide and will be playing some levels several times over. Aside from some "don't take damage" trophies for certain levels, it isn't too challenging.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS4)- This one baffles me a bit. Not sure why it's so rare compared to other Borderlands games. The list is rather similar. It's a time-consuming journey to the platinum, sure, but it's hardly difficult.

Killzone: Mercenary- I'm not sure of the status of the online, but I would assume it's still alive enough to earn trophies for. You will spend a lot of time in SP, but you should get good enough to do some of the harder stuff once you've gone through the campaign at least once.

Homefront: The Revolution- I can understand the rarity due to how glitchy the game was at launch. But most of the main issues have been addressed at this point and I'm a little surprised that the platinum has remained as rare as it is. 

Grand Theft Auto V- A lot to do both online and offline, but none of the trophies were bad enough to make me want to give up.

Killzone: Shadow Fall- The SP is pretty easy and you can do most of the online stuff against bots. This is probably one of the easiest "2% or less" rarity games out there.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention- My first Disgaea game, so I was quite lost at first. It's immensely time consuming, but one step at a time and you'll eventually get the platinum.

Mercenary Kings- Provided you abuse the infinite health glitch or whatever it is, it's a piece of cake if but still time-consuming

The other Ultra Rares I have I didn't mention either because of questionable online situations or changes to the game that may have made it much more difficult from when I played them- ModNation Racers: Roadtrip, GTA IV, LBP Karting, Crysis 3, The Hungry Horde, Red Dead Redemption, and Hardware Rivals.

Vanquih - Pretty good UR platinum to have, if you can clear all 6 challenges, which are hard as hell and you need a lot of practice, especially with the last 3 challenges.

Mortal Kombat - 24 hours times 28 characters (for the My Kung Fu Is Stronger trophy). Enough said.

Mercenary Kings - Fun game, just a bit of grinding for making all of the guns and attachments.

Killzone Mercenary - not too bad even though there is a trophy for getting 10000 kills trophy (I think).

Skylanders SWAP Force - easy platinum, however this is all dependant on how many Skylanders you have. The more you own, the easier it is to breeze through the story.

I have one ultra rare plat on this account (started in March this year).

NCAA Football 11 is a doable plat that is UR as of right now.

A couple other games that I had on my old account:

Madden NFL 11 (all offline trophies, takes about 7 hrs to plat)

The Escapists (just takes some time to grind)

14 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Max Payne 3 is easier than its platinum rarity suggests if you're patient with it.

The Shadows Rushed Me trophy requires completing the game on In A New York Minute mode in one sitting. If you die you go all the way back to the beginning of the game. 

Max Payne also has a good number of online trophies that you probably need to boost. There's a good reason why the UR platinum was achieved by less than one percent of game owners.

I have 48 UR plat on my cabinet between ps3, vita and ps4 (most of then done on ps3), i'll mark just the easy (for me): 

-gta 4, i have done it twice solo playing with random, if you have friend for boost is a walk in a park

-red dead redemption, done it solo again includong poker table dlc (it's just a lucky based trophy) but i have boosted kingpin, now there are a lot of glitch to do level 50 and prestige and server are probably dead, like gta it's a huge offline grind now

-LBP, just online kill rarity and a couple without dying can make this plat ur

-midnight club, huge grind, done alone online trophy, ur plat here because it's an old game with server closed, and because offline carrer and challenge are a lot of stuff but nothing impossible or really complicated to do

-kane&lynch 2, between easy and medium difficult, online trophy are just absurd but now server are dead so it's possible to boost with no effort, a couple offline trophy are challenging but nothing impossible

-LBP ps vita, like ps3 version online kill rarity, and a couple of offline level without dying, mini games are doable.

-MK9 vita and ps3, vita is unplattable due server closure, but like ps3 is just a huge grind, even if you aren't good at fighting games you can plat you just need to be determinate to complete it 

-battlefield 3, probably ur because it was on ps+ some years ago, done it alone except for a couple of dlc trophy, now server are dead nothing is hard just 1 offline trophy is little tricky but doable

-LBP karting, ur because was free on ps+, nothing is hard here but the game is extremely bugged (for me was online trophy), but since server are closed you can't plat now

-modnation racer vita, ad hoc trophy and online kill a lot the rarity, nothing hard here

-fifa 13-14 vita, online kill rarity and some bug, nothing hard here

-TC HAWX, online kill rarity and some trophy are absurd to do legit, you had to boost everithing here but nothing is hard in this way

-guitar hero 5, online and multiple instrument required kill rarity

-band hero, online and multiple instrument kill rarity

Battlefield 4 ps3, nothing hard is just buggy offline, i don't know why is ur, i have done everithing alone, just dlc was a payne but again you can do with no effort boosting

-hungry horde vita, it's a huge grind and a couple of trophy require patience but are doable 

-bulletstorm ps3, ur due it was a free ps+ game and online it wasn't too easy due to lag and bug, offline doable 

-cod ghosts ps3, i don't know why is ur since it's an easy plat, just dlc was a pain 

-mortal kombat x, really easy plat since you can boost everithing, i don't know why is ur, maybe due to invasion boss mode but i am not sure

-gta 5 ps4, like previous rockstar plat is just a huge grind, i have done offline trophy in no time, and i have boosted every online trophy with a friend  

-star wars ps4, easy plat for me since i am good in competitive, trophy came playing normally if you want to play the game 

-tropico 5 ps4, ur because it was free on ps+, when you understand the mechanics you do everything without going crazy, just a couple of trophy are long and time waster but not difficult, including online since you can boost

Alright, from the ones I have.

At launch Hardware Rivals once you got into it was very easy and only had a couple of skill related ones. Apparently the trophies are very glitchy now so I dunno. 

Provided you get a glitched challenge which is at least semi-regular Rayman Legends on Vita is very doable, though getting a Diamond Cup legitimately now is close to impossible (hence why I said use a glitched challenge), I'd say and the grind is pretty large. 

Rock Band 4 is probably the easiest Rock Band game in the series provided you have all of the instruments and can play on Expert at least decently. That, and the locking online behind a paywall was a puerile thing for them to do which explains why the multiplayer trophies are still very rare (most people probably wouldn't be trophy hunting with people they personally know). The game is also becoming progressively more broken but I'm going off topic here. 

Driver: San Francisco has a very easy single player component but again a semi-grindy online that no one plays anymore (that is unless you start boosting and then random Russians join the match EVERY GOD DAMN TIME :devil:)

Edited by LunchCannon54

16 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

If you're going to say that, then Super Meat Boy isn't that bad, either. 

The only hard trophies are the 4 remix bosses.  All the others, even the 15 deaths or less, is doable.  However, unlike SMB, RL requires some amoutn of luck.  In my run, I had a great build and the item that gives you an extra life.  SMB is pure skill, and is most assuredly a harder game.  Also, with creative save scumming, RL makes it a bit easier.  No such luck on SMB

• Like 1