Season Pass/DLC Delisted? [Edit - All DLC now permanently free]

diskdocx

It's really a awful blow for any those that paid the absurdly 40 dollars for MP dlcs :/  (hard to imagine anyone would in the first place) 

I don't enjoy fps multiplayer at all, but back at launch i almost got the game because I actually enjoy doom and Bioshock campaign mode. 

Whenever the game is on sale i may get it, I won't touch the mp apart from the ones needed for the plat but in the long run I may earn for the 100 since it's free. 

I just hope bethesda fans doesn't sabotage their next release, my most anticipated evil within 2. Deep down they deserve but just play oblivious like then and skip this one :P

Edited by Mah2c

I shelled out the absurd amount of money to buy the DLCs for this game because I like my profile as close to 100% as possible. And I sold the game to recoup some of those costs.

Now not only do other people get the DLC for free, but I have to re-buy the game to get my 100% back again? Fuck off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

These dlc trophies though..

You reckon they will be difficult or time consuming? Only one that I can't find any information about, that I'm worried about, is the rune one. It seems as though it's going to be levelling unlocks, god help us if it's challenge based. 

Well now all the trophies are possible to obtain for free now. Well, that Cyberdemonic armor piece trophy require you to be a high rank to earn, so that would mean many hours of playtime on the multiplayer. Well, so much for easy trophies.

1 minute ago, RalphyLDN said:

You reckon they will be difficult or time consuming? Only one that I can't find any information about, that I'm worried about, is the rune one. It seems as though it's going to be levelling unlocks, god help us if it's challenge based. 

Someone on .org said the rune trophy requires you to rank up to level 44. Nothing hard, just time consuming.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/doom/312483-huge-doom-update-free-dlc.html

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

Someone on .org said the rune trophy requires you to rank up to level 44. Nothing hard, just time consuming.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/doom/312483-huge-doom-update-free-dlc.html

Thank pal. As long as it's do-able, I don't mind. Seems like game developers are keeping me on my toes lately with random DLC haha. Life of a completionist is stressful lately ?. 

• Like 4

So I originally bought the season pass for full price shortly after the first DLC came out because I wanted to keep my 100% completion for the game, and considering how the MP was just some tacked on and forgettable mode, I knew the servers weren't going to stay populated for long. If I waited for it to go on sale, I was positive that I'd have to set up a boosting session which I didn't want to do. I knew it was a giant waste of money at the time, but now it's even more so considering everyone just got it for free anyway. I feel like an idiot...

I was happy when I finally got the last DLC done because I was positive that was going to be the end of it. It looks like I was wrong again! Now they give us more multiplayer trophies to slog through, and if the people above are correct, it looks like they are going to be quite time consuming to get this time around. Oh boy, this is just what I always wanted. Thanks, Bethesda... <_<

• Like 1

What a bizarre situation that they're trying so hard to push this MP nobody really cared for. I mean if the season pass was selling poorly you'd think they'd just give it a permanent price cut to boost up the sales I don't see how move does anything but get them a handful of sales from hardcore trophies hunters looking to fill their 100% and piss off everyone who already gave them money.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, grbolivar said:

I am still confused. Are ALL DLC (including the arcade mode DLC) free FOREVER to everybody?

Exactly! So a big middle finger to everyone who paid the MP Season Pass.

Well, I'm damn glad that I have waited and now I can finally pick up the game cheap AND DLCs are for free! This is what I call a "Complete Edition"! :D

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Still not gonna try and get them. I'm fine with DLC trophies not being earned. I must say that patch size is massive though and easily puts the game over 100GBs on your HDD.

Sheesh, and I was always moaning about the space before even as a disk owner. Good luck selling this monster to anyone digitally. It's a fun game, single player anyway, but holy hell justifying that storage space will be difficult. 

20 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Exactly! So a big middle finger to everyone who paid the MP Season Pass.

Well, I'm damn glad that I have waited and now I can finally pick up the game cheap AND DLCs are for free! This is what I call a "Complete Edition"! :D

No quite. I only had to play the mp for about ten hours to get all the previous DLC's done and I'll only need to do a few more hours to get the last three trophies. It's going to take 50+ hours for someone starting now to do the same thing. I am lucky that I bought the complete edition last Christmas pretty cheap though.

I'm livid...I spent 40 bucks on this pass upon release (I know, foolishly) but had to delete it from my HD  a long time ago. Didn't figure I needed to hurry. Maybe it's because I never loaded the game up after I got the DLC's...but after 14 hours of downloading today...I select keep my current unlocks- But I have NO ACCESS to the DLC I paid for. All the armors and taunts are locked. No fucking way am I grinding this shit for DLC I paid for. I even reverted to my save from last year, but everything is still locked. 

I will never purchase another ID or Bathesda game as long as I live. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

2 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Yes, it's MP Only. 

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yeah, minus the arcade mode, it's all competitive multiplayer

Cheers for the answers guys.

All for making the DLC free and good on 'em in my opinion, but I don't care about MP.

I basically knew right from the very beginning that the season pass was a massive rip off. I can understand paying $40 in multiplayer for something that you're going to be investing in for quite a while.

What's bad is the DOOM multiplayer was tacked on. The single player is the meat and potatoes of the game. The multiplayer is nothing that a thousand other FPS games haven't done in the past 10 - 15 years. Sure it's fun for the first few matches, but after that you start to realize it's merely just filler.

• Like 1