What was your first PSN download?

angelgrievous

Okay, post the first thing you downloaded from PSN and share a bit of history with it.  If you can, go to the PSN web store, sign in, and hover over your username.  It  will be to the left over the search bar.

Select purchase history and go to the last page.  Find the first thing you downloaded.   I'll start:

Dead Space Obsidian Suit.  Downloaded 10/23/2008

The first time I saw Dead Space was in my friends apartment in Cincinnati.  He lived a few blocks from where I worked, on the second floor of a reformed hotel.  He was a bit hesitant to invite me in, the wall next to his bed was deteriorating due to a water leak from the floor above.  I had picked up some beer on the way over and this eased his tension.  His buddy Matt was there.  We took turns playing the first hour or so of Dead Space on his PS3.  I bought the game the next day.  I downloaded the Obsidian Suit.  I'm pretty sure he had his own beer in his ice box but drank mine instead.  I'm not mad, Dead Space is awesome. 

What's your story?  

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 3

Final Fantasy VI and IX on 12/26/2012. I'd gotten my Vita for Christmas the day before and wanted something other than Assassin's Creed Liberation to play-- I didn't feel like digging into the Vita's library so I just went with something I was familiar with. 

• Like 1

My very 1st download was the Gran Turismo 5 prologue, however I also downloaded Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty, The Last Guy and Super Stardust HD along with it, all on 2/1/2009, as I got those 4 games to download for free with my then brand new PS3, I remember I played through the Ratchet and Clank game quite a few times while I was building up my collection of games :)

shaneyboy619.png

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F, because it was download-only in Europe - I considered getting a physical NA version but couldn't find a lot of them for sale (at least for ps3 as I didn't have a Vita at the time and I don't think I found any english Vita versions anyway) and not for a price I was willing to pay including shipping.

Having only ever downloaded three things on PSN, you can have my complete list (not counting Telltale episodes)

1) Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell for PS4

2) Unravel for PS4

3) DLC for Shadow Of Mordor for PS4

?

Edited by grifteskymfning

God of War : Ghost of Sparta Demo. 7/30/2011

It was when I first made my PSN account and was super excited to go into the store to see everything. I downloaded a TON of demos just because it was something new to me :lol:

The very first thing I downloaded (which is obviously on my old account) was the Rage Anarchy Edition Pack, downloaded on 1/18/2012.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/283376-rage-anarchy-edition-windows-other.jpg

On my current account, it was an avatar from Diablo III (a game I've never played before), on 11/6/2015. :P

https://store.playstation.com/store/api/chihiro/00_09_000/container/US/en/19/UP0002-BLUS31437_00-UADIABLOII000002/image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihiro&w=124&h=124&bg_color=000000&opacity=100

First game: Tales of Xillia - April 10, 2014. I bought a special edition on PSN, and it included gels, gald, 2 level upgrades, weapons and some fashion accessories

First DLC: Gravity Rush Maid Costume Pack - March 3, 2014. Wanted to 100% the game, so I bought all 3 DLCs.

First demo: Dissidia Final Fantasy - December 12, 2009. Enjoyed the demo and bought the game for the PSP.

• Like 1

My first download seems to be Joel Costum for The Last of Us (6/14/2013). I have no idea what that costume was but I guess it came with the game.

First game I downloaded was The Wolf Among Us (10/28/2013). It was a great game.

Dust  514, PS3  19/05/2014

I got my first PS3 a few days earlier, last gen i played on Xbox360, but i decided to get a PS3 to play the exclusive games that i missed, before next gen came out.
So after beating Uncharted 1, i took a look at the PS store and found Dust 514, it was a free to play fps sci-fi game connected to EVE online.(PC MMO game) I heard about this game before and it was PS3 exclusive, so i decided to give it a try.  Well....  i deleted the game on the same day, lets just say it wasnt good enough for me. xD