Will you buy PS4 Day 1?

GHOZTPRIME

I will give it a little while.

Give Sony time to iron out any issues that may crop up with it. Also gives a bit of time for a load of really good games to be released on it.

I am very interested iin getting one. A lot of my decision rests on what games are available and if we will be able to play PS3 games on it

I will give it a little while.

Give Sony time to iron out any issues that may crop up with it. Also gives a bit of time for a load of really good games to be released on it.

Ditto, I won't be buying one at launch, particularly as I was a late convert to the PS3 and I have loads of games to play as it is!

I'm also going to wait for any little issues to be ironed out - so I guess I'll probably wait something like 6 months before jumping over to the PS4. Of course, I may change my mind depending on what is announced on the 20th!

I do plan on buying it when it's released like I did so far for all Playstation consoles (except Vita), but before I even think about it, I want tot hear more about this new system. I mean, we've barely heard anything except rumors and such.

I've got a similar tradition there, hoping the price of the new console won't be astronomical. I've managed to buy all of the Playstation consoles on day one since the days of the original Playstation. Kinda hoping I can keep this tradition going with the Playstation 4.

I always wait till the bugs get worked out first... i have seen a LOT of generations of gaming consoles and it is VERY normal for a system to have bugs... i end up buying about 6 to 9 months after the console has been out... on top of all that, it will be a while until i play all the PS3 games that i have on my shelf and it is likely that the PS4 will not be backwards compatible so i will be playing two systems even if i buy the PS4 late in the game.

I WILL on the other hand buy some of the PS4 games on day one if they have special editions or any kind of limited content or pre-order bonuses so i won't miss out on stuff depending on the game... as crazy as that sounds, i have kinda started to collect Japanese RPGs and i don't want to miss out on something just because i don't own the system right away...

But i will be sure to buy one around the 6 to 9 month mark.