Help me understand quantity over quality ?

Hvalpen

4 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Is curiosity how question like this draw a lot of people... When you became a Trophy Hunter I suppost you know the reason behind your desition and what type of trophy hunter you want be? If the answer is NO think about that... You just want a lot of trophies and platinum? ok in two months (maybe one) you can get 100 platinums, it is nice? I dont know maybe for you it is nice. Or you want play your favorite games and find all trophies because you feel them are your friends and you really love all them? - Ok, nice! Or you want prove your limite and play hard games/platinums with a lot of time because you like challenge? Again good for you! At the end is your time, games and money, just enjoy what you do when hunter trophies, Quality or Quantity? think what is better for you (: At the end nobody can tell you "You are a bad trophy hunter" because here you can find people who defend quantity and others how defend quality.

Debateable. Thats like saying you are still a good footballer cause you scored those 30 season goal on your little league team when you where eight years old while that other guy called Cristiano Ronaldo the pleb only scored 3 goals in La Primera

Personally, I like to have choices of what to play.... yes, I have a few cheap stacks and some sub 1 hour plats, but also have a reasonable number of URs in there too. Have the backlog from hell and am highly unlikely to ever play them all, but all depends on my frame of mind at the time as to whether I feel like going for a quick, brain-dead plat or something that requires dedication and grinding or anything in between :)

The easiest platinums I consider 'fine' are telltale games because the stories are good and I enjoy playing these and I play because of the experience, not the trophies specificly.

As I don't understand other languages than Spanish/English/French, I don't see any point in me playing Japanese visual novels just because the plats are easy. That would be a waste of money and have a boring time just pressing buttons without understanding the story at all.

Being that said, I belive that everyone has the right to play whatever they want. If someone likes playing japanese visual novels without understanding the story, that's ok, but I don't see it worthy at all.

The hours I spent boosting Far Cry 2 multiplayer and picking up diamonds cannot be compared to the couple of days I got The Walking Dead platinum, but it is what it is. I still prefer quality because for me, trophies are about the 'journey' of progressing towards the trophy goal, not the actual time the trophy pops. After that, you are done and have to go to seek another big challenge.

On NBA 2K games on PS3 you must play 82 games vs cpu for a bronze trophy and I like the proccess of playing a couple of games per week and many months after getting the trophy.

My personal opinion with games I own.

- In a platinum/100% perspective quality can also be quantity real quick. Dark souls 3 is amazing but after getting the fun trophies go enjoy offline content grinding 7 hours++~ for 30 items you need to get a trophy. Metal gear solid V all side missions and tasks, the game is not even finished yet I spent hours doing the same stuff over and over again

- I like to click a jar of mayo and just chill with some friends on discord or whatever and we can all agree the game is absolute bs. 100% Quantity

- I also like to pull my hair out playing some hard games which are in my opinion quality games. For example gold relic runs with Crash bandicoot  trilogy. I almost destroyed my ps4 with that. Or The Evil Within 2 classic mode run but also enjoy some quality looking games which are easy.(Horizon Zero Dawn, Order 1886 or Telltale games) 

TLDR;

everyone has there own opinion what is good or bad.

PS: Can we throw Hakoom in who has more platinums then psnprofiles nr 1 Roughdawg4 and claims he does it all by himself.  ??

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Possibly...but interestingly enough the negative comments mainly comes from the people who have no "hard" games in their profile or pop sound and shapes 6 fucking times

Bro i can see that you like to watch other people profiles like mine. So my account has 1 year and has 25 ultra rare your account has 9 years and 64 ultra rare so where are those hard trophies that you are talking about.  Are you jealous that i have 6x Sound Shapes? :P Pure mathematics just made a FATALITY on you :P

Edited by bezdomnekoty

8 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

Bro i can see that you like to watch other people profiles like mine. So my account has 1 year and has 25 ultra rare your account has 9 years and 64 ultra rare so where are those hard trophies that you are talking about.  Are you jealous that i have 6x Sound Shapes? :P Pure mathematics just made a FATALITY on you :P

lol..nice try. Comparing my account to yours there should be two obvious reasons for this. Hope you can spot them. I looked at your account based on your comment since i figured the probability you had a bunch of easy peasy stuff was probably high, which turned out to be true. Also, at NO point did i claim to have an abundance of hard trophies or to be a "good" gamer. i dont really care what is ultra rare and what is not. I care about how challenging the game is(When we talk about wether a guy hard hard stuff or not). A game can be ultra rare regading platinum but it might be easy, just super niche. NOTHING in your log is particularly hard(neither in mine btw). You like easy games, thats fine..but why do you feel offended by it?

To throw in an example..i have the Neverwinter plat. Its ultra rare but its easy peasy just grindy.

Edited by Hvalpen

Dude you just opened the box of pandora! As long as you don't agree with the mantra "everybody is in this game for different reasons" they gonna roast you!

It's like a personal attack for many to point out their shitty games and their obsession with a hige amount of piss poor platinums. Now you have to tolerate everything, otherwise

you are this ignorant idiot who has an attitude like a trophy hunter from 2009. This is something, this platform does not wan't so see anymore. 

So please assess a platinum in My Name Is Mayo with the same value as a platinum in Catherine okay?

• Like 2

VN skip thread, here I go.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

My advice is to play what you want to play. What people need to ask is are they really getting enjoyment out of speeding through such games? Especially when the text is Japanese and they don't understand what the hell is going on? 

Yes, yes, yes.

24 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

and have a boring time just pressing buttons without understanding the story at all.

Worse, they don't even press buttons.

I think the more interesting conversation is how one's approach to trophy hunting changes and evolves over time.  I've gone through several phases over about nine years, the most recent of which is trying to get my percentages up and unearned trophies down.  But again, I can't resist the easy plats.  I just try to balance those out against the grindy stuff.

5 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Calling games trash just because you don’t enjoy them says more about you than anything else. CJ said that before and it’s true.

What I don’t understand is what you want to achieve with this thread? Do you honestly want someone to explain the concept of fun to you and that other people find different things enjoyable or are you just trying to find other people who are as miserable as you about their trophy list? Cause if you were happy and actually did have fun, you wouldn’t be trying to talk the achievements of others down by saying quick platinums aren’t enjoyable.

I’ve had more fun playing the Nubla games than I had with Black Ops 3.

What i want to understand is why people feel it rewarding hammering a button to scroll through Jap novels or tapping a jar of mayo. Nobody is going to find that fun. Which oviously means there is an alternate reason for them doing it. So im trying to understand why they wanna trade mindnumbing boredom for fun(example, Ratchet and clank is a very fun game but super easy). It doesnt HAVE to be hard hard platinums/100% its more the why rather do idiotic stuff that is fun for no human being than have 50 less plats but had some fun with what you are playing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

So please assess a platinum in My Name Is Mayo with the same value as a platinum in Catherine okay?

Ill have you know, My Name is Mayo is a quintessential platinum. If you dont have that or a 6x SS stack, you dont deserve to call yourself a trophy hunter 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

What i want to understand is why people feel it rewarding hammering a button to scroll through Jap novels or tapping a jar of mayo. Nobody is going to find that fun. Which oviously means there is an alternate reason for them doing it. So im trying to understand why they wanna trade mindnumbing boredom for fun(example, Ratchet and clank is a very fun game but super easy). It doesnt HAVE to be hard hard platinums/100% its more the why rather do idiotic stuff that is fun for no human being than have 50 less plats but had some fun with what you are playing

I didn't think tapping the mayo jar was mindnumbingly boring (it didn't last long enough to get boring).  Also the animations were kinda cute, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Although I do agree with you on J visual novels, to say someone can't have fun on a game like Mayo is dumb. I myself was in a bad mood when I played that game but I looked at every pic and read the description and they made me laugh. That game was worth the dollar since it did just that, made me laugh and I had fun with it. Also who said games need to be rewarding to play them? Aren't games supposed to be fun and you get enjoyment out it? Hard games can be rewarding but so can easy ones depending how you define rewarding. I've played plenty of easy games that were better than a lot of triple A games that people play. There is also a lot of ur plats people boast about but they're shitty games like far cry 2 and red faction. Why should I be impressed you boosted a game that took all the hardness out of it. The game was still bad but because of it being an ur plat it makes it a better game? That's silly.

In the end people should have fun playing whatever they want.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Although I do agree with you on J visual novels, to say someone can't have fun on a game like Mayo is dumb. I myself was in a bad mood when I played that game but I looked at every pic and read the description and they made me laugh. That game was worth the dollar since it did just that, made me laugh and I had fun with it. Also who said games need to be rewarding to play them? Aren't games supposed to be fun and you get enjoyment out it? Hard games can be rewarding but so can easy ones depending how you define rewarding. I've played plenty of easy games that were better than a lot of triple A games that people play. There is also a lot of ur plats people boast about but they're shitty games like far cry 2 and red faction. Why should I be impressed you boosted a game that took all the hardness out of it. The game was still bad but because of it being an ur plat it makes it a better game? That's silly.

In the end people should have fun playing whatever they want.

I totally agree. As i pointed out several times, its more when you look at peoples trophy list and you feel like that cant possibly be fun. Like Hannah Montana, Mayo, 6x SaS, 1k J novels etc. try to sell me the "Maybe they find it fun" all you want but i wont buy it. Having fun playing games in the ratchet and clank difficulty is another thing. That i totally can get behind. Again, people are indeed free to do as they please. Just trying to understand the motive, since fun in many cases is definately not the reason(if we look at the games isolated)

12 minutes ago, nenugalimas said:

Ill have you know, My Name is Mayo is a quintessential platinum. If you dont have that or a 6x SS stack, you dont deserve to call yourself a trophy hunter 

Goddamnit. I don't have either. I always knew I was a scrub, I just needed proof.

*hangs head low as he walks away, a single tear slowly running down his cheek

• Like 2