Playstation Plus 2017 - Thoughts?

xEl_Cidx

For those who skipped the article:

The guy who writes the article just RIPS ps plus apart. I agree with him on some points. The PS3 games were pretty bad, but I think he expects waaaay too much from plus. You can't give AAA games out every month and it sounds like he never tried a few of the games or he wouldn't have complained so much. I think overall he's too critical of the service.

As usual with recent years, crap in terms of games. 

This year in both lineup and in hitting games I already bought. 

Looking at the list. I got... This War of Mine, WRC 5, Tokyo Jungle, Infamous Second Son.

Whole 4 games, not even games I would actively go for unless super low sale.

Worth for sales and storage. 

Still, if I wasn't getting Plus subscription as Christmas presents, I would have stopped subscribing long ago. 

39 minutes ago, StoRmAreA said:

No. I just dont like it when they throw out wierd ass games (wierd for europe region, not asia) for PS+

That's pretty subjective. Some people might really like this game and appreciate it being on PS+. Exclusion of a particular title should not be based on whether you personally feel something is appropriate for the offer or not.

• Like 1

for this year i got this games:

JANUARY

This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4)

Day of The Tentacle Remastered (PS4)

FEBRUARY

NONE

MARCH

Disc Jam (PS4)

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

APRIL

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (PS4)

MAY

Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)

Abzu (PS4)

Type:Rider (PS4, PS Vita)

JUNE

Killing Floor 2 (PS4)

Life is Strange (PS4)

Spy Chameleon (PS4)

JULY

Until Dawn (PS4)

AUGUST

Just Cause 3 (PS4)

Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4)

SEPTEMBER

inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

OCTOBER

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain (PS4)

Amnesia Collection (The Dark Descent and A Machine for Pigs) (PS4)

Hue (PS4)

NOVEMBER

NONE

DECEMBER

NONE

i posted this just to remind myself of ps plus 2017 ?

Well, my first thought was:

“What kind of an entitled, whiney, pain in the ass loser would manage to complain about that kind of value?”

Then my second thought was:

“Wow. Look how many entitled, whiney, pain in the ass losers there are!”

My third thought was:

“Why don’t they just cancel Ps+ then?”

Then my final thought was:

“No wait! Of course! Then they would lose their favourite part of the PS+ service: the ability to go on forums and complain about it like a bunch of entitled, whiney, pain in the ass losers.”

Then I decided to have a sandwich*, and reflect how much I enjoyed This War of Mine, and how I probably wouldn’t have tried it if it hadn’t been on PS+. Then I smiled. 

*(red cheddar and chorizo on sourdough. I’d give it a solid 8/10 on the tasty sandwich scale, but feel it might have benefitted from some light toasting.)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I've only played 3 "free" PS+ games (Day of The Tentacle Remastered, Spy Chameleon and Hatoful Boyfriend) but even the list is very few, the additional PS+ discounts I got from sales are not a bad deal. Also, Cloud is always a very useful stuff for me ^_^ so, yeah, I might still renew my PS+ soon.

22 hours ago, StoRmAreA said:

sorry but are you f*cking serious?

Maybe play it, and see why those of us like it? Its story is a lot darker than you'd expect.

As for my thoughts on 2017, can't really complain. Got some stuff I wanted, and some stuff I didn't want. I'm sure it was worth the price of admission, though. And like others have said, plenty of additional discounts on purchases. Plus Cloud saves.

Yes, but I also love the other aspects such as the deals and the cloud storage. This year, I've gotten all sorts of amazing games on sale from Plus such as Sleeping Dogs PS4, Oxenfree complete bundle, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Gravity Waifu PS4, The Darkness 2, Dissidia Final Fantasy, and so on. :D The cloud save is also amazing and reliable as well. 

As for the games I've gotten from Plus, the ones I've played or was interested in adding to my collection in no order: 

Severed

Game of Thrones

Bound

Darksiders 2

Broken Sword 5: Episodes 1 and 2

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

This War of Mine: The Little Ones

Amnesia: Collection

Overall, this was definitely a competent year for Plus and it offered many titles that intrigued me, so I'm content with paying the membership as it has various uses to myself. :) 

Edited by Stuart Pot