The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

spectre1.jpg

Utter gobshite. I left the movie feeling bored and angry. Don't bother. 

Reasons, with some spoilers:

Apart from the pre-title sequence, the action scenes are really boring. But the really egregious sins are the terrible writing. 

Writing was terrible generally, but the biggest gripe was the flat attempts at franchise building. You can't just have someone turn up in the 4th Craig movie and say "I was behind everything in the last 3 movies too" without putting some effort into establishing a behind-the-scenes player in the last 3 movies. Marvel, for example, does its franchise building right, with each movie building off the movies that came before. That is not the same thing as just turning up in the latest movie and having someone say "Yup, it was all us". 

Villain's reasons for doing everything he did are pathetic. "Daddy loved you more than me, waaaah". Grow up dipshit. 

I wish the writers would stop trying to give Bond a personal investment in the plot. It is unnecessary, and makes for a worse movie. Part of the appeal of Bond movies, for me at least, was that he got to go to these amazing places and do these amazing things because that's his job. When you start giving him personal investment in the plot, he becomes just another twat with baggage. Part of the charm of Bond was that he was this suave, cool, detached, confident guy doing his job. Giving him personal investment means that you have to have all these scenes where he is a mopey twat pulling sad-face all the time. 

The plot is lifted wholesale from Captain America: Winter Soldier anyway. Watch that instead, it's a better movie.

Edited by StrickenBiged