PS Plus January 2018

Babsimabuse

6 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

For PsychoPass, is it good ?

I've never tried visual novels before, is it good for starting ?

And I read that the Plat is fairly easy, any thoughts on that?

Hm... PP is probably not really a good start for VN. 

It's quite heavy on information if you don't know the source material (anime) at the start so it may feel overwhelming. 

Obviously, it's not easy. VNs are never easy. But since there is a guide, it pretty much is.

6 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

but Playstation could easily give a good game fully translated rather than a "decent" game that not everyone (in europe at least) will understand. 

I would expect European players to know English, though. 

It's pretty limited if European player doesn't know English considering majority of games is English-only. 

5 hours ago, JaM said:

Which was also in PS+ IGC previously xD I liked Amnesia more though than LM and PP.. TOMA ONII-CHAN BEST ROUTE xD

While you are right about Toma, Amnesia is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad :awesome: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

And fyi it's not like I have never played an only english or japanese game, but Playstation could easily give a good game fully translated rather than a "decent" game that not everyone (in europe at least) will understand. 

It's not up to Playstation to say which game gets translated. And since you seem to be able to speak English fairly well here, I don't see the problem with playing an English-only game. Except for AAA games, most titles don't get a translation in another language. We should be happy with the fact than more and more VNs are coming out of Japan. 

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I would expect European players to know English, though. 

It's pretty limited if European player doesn't know English considering majority of games is English-only. 

You'd be surprise by how many people don't understand english that well in my country then. I mean it's not a fighting game or something with a ridiculous story, it's a story driven game so that's my only problem with this. A lot of people are going to skip it because of the fact that it would be too tedious for them to translate every sentence they don't understand. I know it's not the developers fault if they couldn't afford to translate their game so I may have been a little bit harsh in my first reply but Playstation could easily make a different line up in a case like this.

3 hours ago, Myu said:

It's not up to Playstation to say which game gets translated. And since you seem to be able to speak English fairly well here, I don't see the problem with playing an English-only game. Except for AAA games, most titles don't get a translation in another language. We should be happy with the fact than more and more VNs are coming out of Japan. 

I know that but Playstation are the ones choosing which games are given each month right ? If that's the case why not give a fully translated game instead, and if I'm wrong then my apologies.

And I'm not speaking for me because I'm sure I could understand this game but I'm also pretty confident that this won't be the case for everyone in europe.

And even though it doesn't look like it, I'm happy that Playstation is giving the spotlight to games like this one.

7 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

You'd be surprise by how many people don't understand english that well in my country then. I mean it's not a fighting game or something with a ridiculous story, it's a story driven game so that's my only problem with this. A lot of people are going to skip it because of the fact that it would be too tedious for them to translate every sentence they don't understand. I know it's not the developers fault if they couldn't afford to translate their game so I may have been a little bit harsh in my first reply but Playstation could easily make a different line up in a case like this.

Yes, I guess I would be. 

I mean, I would expect gamers to know their way around English. 

As I said, especially in Europe, expecting all games to have localisations to all possible languages is pretty crazy.

(Fun fact, I think only 1 game from my list has been localized to my language :awesome:

49 minutes ago, MetalGarurumon said:

Amnesia is gooooooooooooooood. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5461131

:P

And here we go again :awesome: 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

Was Mass Effect Andromeda added now or is it just some time-limited trial? It just popped out as free so I'm downloading it right now

It doesnt seem to be plus related. It showed free as normal price. Bought it aswell. 

If this is mistakenly put free, then I would suggest others to buy it fast too. 

On 23/1/2018 at 11:26 AM, X_Wizi_X said:

I'm downloading it right now. On my store (EU) it's free at the moment, don't know why, but that is xD

I think i've missed it by two hours yesterday as it doesn't seem to exist anymore, there's only a 40€ and a 50€ version of the game, no trials, no free stuff.

Edited by Lance_87

14 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I think i've missed it by two hours yesterday as it doesn't seem to exist anymore, there's only a 40€ and a 50€ version of the game, no trials, no free stuff.

According to 

it was a "full game trial" event or something like that. So nothing special