When will you stop playing PS3?

MidnightDragon

The only time I would stop is if I finish EVERY single game I own on ps3 and they take online support away. OR....... If they somehow make ps4 able to play ps3 games. Then I would stop. That's NEVER going to happen though. And I seriously doubt I will finish all my ps3 games. So I probably won't stop playing.

• Like 2

Well, a combination of needing room for my new PSVR headset and Sony dropping ps plus support for PS3, meant that I just put the PS3 away last week. 

I actually only got one a few months before my ps4 as I had the 360 most of last gen, but there were quite a few Japanese games that didn't release on it and, with getting gamesfor it free on plus, It made sense to pick one up cheap. Good console overall. 

On a side note, with Sony stopping ps3 and vita support on plus I really hope they add PSVR games. I'm due to renew next moth but I'm not going to until there are some games I want being given away. 

For as long as my backlog exists. Once that's done (hopefully a couple years), I'll switch to the PS4's backlog and by the PS6 I'll be all caught up. 

That or if PSNow ever gets close to having every game that's been published to a PS platform. If that ever happens, I'll just use my PC for everything 

• 4 weeks later...

I have way too many games on my ps3 to stop playing. There are only 5 times or ways that I would stop playing my ps3.

Number 1. If I happen to finish all the games I own. (not going happen) and by finish I mean 100% them.

Number 2. My ps3 breaks and can NOT find a replacement one. 

Number 3. Every Sony server goes offline permanently and or it's impossible to sync or update trophy information. 

Number 4. The Playstation 5 is Completely Backwards compatible with all ps games. Ps1 ps2 ps3 ps4. (not likely to happen) 

Number 5. Sony releases updated versions or remakes of EVERY SINGLE GAME I care about of ps3 games on ps4. 

Those would be the only things that would make me stop playing. ??‍♂️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I have way too many games on my ps3 to stop playing. There are only 5 times or ways that I would stop playing my ps3.

Number 1. If I happen to finish all the games I own. (not going happen) and by finish I mean 100% them.

Number 3. Every Sony server goes offline permanently and or it's impossible to sync or update trophy information. 

Number 4. The Playstation 5 is Completely Backwards compatible with all ps games. Ps1 ps2 ps3 ps4. (not likely to happen) 

Number 5. Sony releases updated versions or remakes of EVERY SINGLE GAME I care about of ps3 games on ps4. 

Those would be the only things that would make me stop playing. ?1f3fb.png‍♂️

Word.

I still have more than 50 games which were never inserted to my ps3. If it dies before i play them it is not hard to find a second hand console (:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

Those would be the only things that would make me stop playing. ?1f3fb.png‍♂️

This, 100%. 

The only big problem will be finding good third-party controllers for PS3 since Sony has stopped making them. My current one's L1 button has been feeling spongy for quite some time (horrible if you need L1 to aim in a shooter). The Start button doesn't respond very well either. Let's just say it's seen better days...

Guess I'll resort to buying used Sony-made controllers when the time comes. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Akechi-no-Yabou said:

Word.

I still have more than 50 games which were never inserted to my ps3. If it dies before i play them it is not hard to find a second hand console (:

Exactly!!! I have the same problem so many games I haven't even played yet. They look nice on my shelf though. lol

7 minutes ago, AFRising said:

This, 100%. 

The only big problem will be finding good third-party controllers for PS3 since Sony has stopped making them. My current one's L1 button has been feeling spongy for quite some time (horrible if you need L1 to aim in a shooter). The Start button doesn't respond very well either. Let's just say it's seen better days...

Guess I'll resort to buying used Sony-made controllers when the time comes. 

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Thankfully I have purchased 2 controllers as back up. I learned the hard way with my ps2. And I'm not spending $200 On ebay for a controller. You should probably do the same thing now! Buy a couple back up controllers for your ps4 and just store them away somewhere. That way when the time comes if your controller ever breaks. You'll have some backup controllers. You'll know they are legit! Not some knock off. And you won't have to spend hundreds of dollars online when you can't find them in stores anymore. 

• Like 2

I never really had any plan to stop playing PS3, but once I finally finished off my backlog of online trophies on various games I decided to treat myself to a PS4 and I never got any urge to play it again mainly because of the improved party chat. I wouldn't say I am totally done with PS3, maybe if I run out of interesting games on PS4 I will go back and get a few cheap PS3 games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Probably when my last ps3 controller breaks. I've already been having problems finding original Sony controllers so in 3-4 years if my final one breaks I don't think I'll be able to find a genuine one again. I might get one from a friend though we'll see :popcorn:

You could potentially buy some sort of converter and play with PS4 controller. But i don't know much about it.

Edited by Varhur
YPU

54 minutes ago, Varhur said:

You could potentially buy some sort of converter and play with PS4 controller. But i don't know much about it.

Might do that too. I think some buttons can never work though like the PS button so you can't pause mid game and send messages etc etc. Also I haven't played with a ps4 controller so I don't know if it's better or not or if I'll get used to it, I will try this though if necessary ?