What is the WORST game you bought and play. JUST for the trophies!?

SuchRemorse

2 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Horrible? Because I was thinking about buying that lol 

The only good thing about this game is that it is short. I still recommend it if you are a trophy hunter, it is easy and cheap, but you've been warned this game is bad. 

The thing I hated the most about this game was the :silver: Ice Zombling Slayer, I had to do 3 playthroughs to get that trophy, that was the real nightmare.

For me the worst game would have to be Evolve, I know you're going to get your games that are repetitive from time to time. I found it too repetitive & personally didn't think there was much else to do other then be this to defeat that & be that to defeat this, only thing I actually liked about the game was the whole thing of being able to control the monster instead of just being the hero

Hannah Montana: The Movie. I thought I would remotely enjoy it because I knew about the show and it had easy trophies and I figured it would be a nice nostalgia trip. NOPE! Worst 4 hours of my life. A year later it still stings. Any Miley Cyrus song will send me into a rage if I hear it now.

• Like 1

Eekeemoo was the worst for me, but now that I've played Energy Invasion I changed my mind. What an awful game, the handling is rough, the music is annoying and it is full of glitches, it is almost unplayable. Plus you can't save any progress so you have to complete a game mode entirely without being able to quit.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I got many games, which I describe as WORST. But the trophies were easy to achieve... shame on me :)

The following pictures are the platinum icons.

Eekeemoo: Splinters of Dark Shard              ALBEDO: Eyes from outer Space

1Le56217.png            1L4893a2.png

Little Adventure on the Prairie                       Mr. Massagy

1Lefafe5.png          1L7c7c0e.png

Suicide Guy

1Ld4cf80.png

On 3/4/2018 at 8:19 AM, palmersib said:

For me the worst game would have to be Evolve, I know you're going to get your games that are repetitive from time to time. I found it too repetitive & personally didn't think there was much else to do other then be this to defeat that & be that to defeat this, only thing I actually liked about the game was the whole thing of being able to control the monster instead of just being the hero

Gotta agree 100% with this choice.

Clicker Heroes, yes it is free, but I havent bought any single game solely for the trophies, I was always somewhat interested in the game.

Mars: war logs I regret buying though, though that I would enjoy it but its real boring.

And I got a humble bundle with the book of unwritten tales 2, that was easily the worst game I have ever platinummed. Its a point and click and the solutions to the puzzles never made any sense. like they expected you to just combine every possible thing blindly.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1. I read that the game was easy, so I took the plunge. It was horrible. Up until I played The Unknown City, it was the worst game I've played in the PS3/PS4 generation.

And it took something like 30 hours! It was the last time I paid attention to the difficulty ratings without checking the time required.

I didnt buy this one for the platinum, but I did play it just for it! NFS Rivals. Hatet the shit out of this game, but couldn't let it lay around unfinished on my profile. Spent around 30 hours or so grinding the three different "story" trees and getting various nonsensical trophies (Those fucking ford sponsored trophies were boring as hell). 10/10 would never play again haha.

I've only ever bought one game for the trophies and that was Mayo, but I actually kind of liked it in it's own little abstract art way. I guess people can look at my list and say Sound Shapes is a contender, but I actually bought that out of interest before learning it was a "taboo" on here and a sign of trophy whoring if you had multiple platforms of the game (regardless of being cross play anyway, though I know a lot more people judge when multiple regions are involved), and I definitely felt that 6 or months it took to finally get the platinum was kind of stressful for a lot of the death mode levels and I can safely say death mode killed any initial enjoyment I had out of the game and it felt like work through and through.

To be honest, I can't answer this question. If it's strictly saying "game you specifically bought for trophies", then Mayo wins both best game and worst game I have ever bought for trophies, and, like said, I was thoroughly amused by the banality of it all. If we doctor the question a little bit and rephrase it as "what's the worst game you have ever bought and played through just to get the platinum", then that would have to be Call of Duty Classic. I was still in the "100% all my games" stage of my trophy career earlier on, and if I would have had the foresight that 6-7 years later, I would be sitting at a sub-50% profile with a "meh, I play and platinum what i want" attitude, then I wouldn't have bothered playing through a broken port of a game that I used to love. FUN FACT: I always hated the dam level in high school when the first game released, but in the Classic version, I could not get -- for the fucking life of me -- a single checkpoint to trigger throughout my Veteran run through of that level; needless to say I spent hours perfecting it since it was a virtually permadeath run through of it every time i failed (with the exception that I just had to start hte level over again and maybe not the entire game, but damn if it wasn't a photo finish to the end with the sliver of health I had left from eliminating the last enemy encounter). The irony of the matter is I was able to trigger what appeared to be most if not all the checkpoints on the lower difficulties, when I didn't even need them. Like said, nowadays, I would have just shelved that shit and never looked back.

TLDR:

Best game I have ever played/bought for the trophies: Mayo

Worst game, as well: Mayo (for being the only actual game I didn't really buy out of any interest besides a cheap platinum for a dollar, so it wins by default)

If we alter the question to worst game I saw through to the bloody end, even if trophies weren't the immediate deciding factor in the purchase: Call of Duty Classic

On 9/27/2018 at 3:44 PM, Buje-Boy said:

I got many games, which I describe as WORST. But the trophies were easy to achieve... shame on me :)

The following pictures are the platinum icons.

Eekeemoo: Splinters of Dark Shard              ALBEDO: Eyes from outer Space

1Le56217.png            1L4893a2.png

Little Adventure on the Prairie                       Mr. Massagy

1Lefafe5.png          1L7c7c0e.png

Suicide Guy

1Ld4cf80.png

Oh, great.  I have a couple of those games. ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stormverse said:

I didn't buy it and got it for free with PS+ but Ether One just dragged on, I had to force myself to finish it.

I gave up on that one.  Besides being boring, it crashed repeatedly.  Definitely a terrible game.

• Like 1