Most overrated game on PS4?

LaWiToR

MSG V: TPP

Cut half of the game, add some more story based mission and it would have been ok. But man o man, countless hours spending on pointless missions, that have nothing whatsoever to do with the main story. And I havent even started with the platinum requirements. (which dont fit to this topic)

Infamous: Second Son

The Last Guardian

Probably Gone Home. That game has an 85 on Metacritic, and man was it a dud.

33 minutes ago, Trellgoth said:

For me it's The Witcher 3.

I mean, everybody loves the game like it's the only good game out there. But when I played it (last time was pretty recently, actualy), the game was filled with bugs, glitches, popups, and so on[...]But for some reason, I have no idea why, it only was at my end.

Friend of mine checked the game when I was playing, and he was fully surprised about some game-breaking bugs. And he platinummed the game twice, without any huge bugs/glitches.

Yeah, that's a surprise to me, too. I thought Witcher 3 ran exceedingly well. I was prepared for an ambitious title with flaws (like DA: Inquisition), but I thought Witcher 3 was quite smooth.

It's a shame you didn't like it; it's definitely one of my favorites this generation.:(

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh good, another negative thread where people can whinge about how everyone else is wrong and their taste is what matter 1f644.png

1 hour ago, Soufwar said:

I agree, this thread is cancerous. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

Just now, fastflowdaman said:

One of the most overrated games on any system. Played it on PC (how fitting for a trendy PC game). Boring crap and the overwhelmingly applausive reception was plain ridiculous.

Yeah, I just cannot see the praise. Even if you think the topic is important, the message doesn't outweigh the game, which is so bland and boring. I mean, at least Everybody's Gone to the Rapture had different environments to walk through and see.

• Like 1

I think one thing that people forget when talking about popular games is that everyone has I different experience, I admit I frowned at a couple of people's over rated choices but I'm not gonna call them out.  Of course the second I say that monster Hunter world isn't my style of game and say I liked horizon zero Dawn more I'm the bad guy.  I think the most over rated game on the PS4 so far is the Witcher 3, I jumped into it at a time when I didn't have time to play games and had to really pick and choose, I ended up not enjoying it and I know that may banish me to hell. Please don't grill me I've heard everything and I'm tired of it tbh 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, I just cannot see the praise. Even if you think the topic is important, the message doesn't outweigh the game, which is so bland and boring. I mean, at least Everybody's Gone to the Rapture had different environments to walk through and see.

Same stuff happened to me with "A Normal Lost Phone", a game you absolutely had to play on mobile (or so everyone seemed to keep telling). So I bought it on sale for 19ct or sth (I usually don't buy mobile games at all, this was the one and only time I did).

Same shit, different color. Related topic trying to raise awareness or whatever. Gameplay was boring and I generally have a hard time enjoying things if sensitive topics are being shoved down one's throat. This is not how you create normalcy and acceptance.

A good example how such a subject can be handled in a natural, non-obnoxious way is the case of Bill in TLoU imo.

• Like 1

I would have to say both inFamous: Second Son and inFamous: First Light are overrated in my opinion, neither Delsin or Fetch were interesting characters to me, both felt immensely bland and forgettable, Cole was a far more likable character than both put together, well, maybe not so much in the first game. The plot for both games was so boring that I had to force myself to go through First Light and haven't bothered getting back to Second Son yet, and probably won't anytime soon. I even found inFamous: Festival of Blood more enjoyable, and that's not saying much.

Another for me would be Tekken 7, again, not as enjoyable as the previous installment, the story (what I've managed to force myself through anyway) was boring and lackluster, I guess I can see the end of the Mishima Bloodline arc being pretty dull. None of the guest characters (both currently released and upcoming) make any sense, especially Final Fantasy XV's Noctis, yet they all somehow fit into some weird alternate version of the Tekken lore? Kinda losing the plot there, NamcoBandai. All Tekken 7 has over Tekken 6 is a larger roster and better visuals, nothing else. Let's just hope SoulCalibur VI will be several steps up from the travesty known as SoulCalibur V.

Thinking about 2017 games, for me it’s definitely UNDERTALE….

I’m still wondering how this game can have 92 on metacritic…. Putting apart all trend on “pixelart” game, the game is just OK and far from being exceptional…

On top, the trophy list is just a joke…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soufwar said:

I agree, this thread is cancerous. I can go on and on about each and every video game that got mentioned here and why they’re not overrated. 

This comment in itself is cancerous. 

This is "just my opinion" Pffffff

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 2

Horizon - all has been mentioned already.

Souls - such sluggish & clunky controls I would think that From would have improved them by now but they keep them pretty much the same as I really wanted to like this series

GTA - bland game (IMHO) that gets really boring really fast, could just be my biased against sandbox games (not Open world different genre)

Every game has its audience and while technically Souls would be in my area of gaming the controls kill it for me but Bloodborne was an improvement. As for GTA I am not the target audience so that makes sense. Horizon is a tough one while i did not fall into the hype I was curious, hence why I love Gamefly, and It was boring but Beautiful.

On a side Note I used to love From Softwares Armored Core series and 3D Dot Heroes is an awesome game. I am not saying any of the above are bad but they are just not for me.

I would have to say Rocket League, it just doesnt do it for me :(

3 hours ago, Swifty-Joker said:

Horizon Zero Dawn as mentioned before. It's a good game but not even close to being as special as it's made out to be.

Maybe you will find out what we all love about it if you finished it, you havent even come close to the end yet :)

Edited by Maaden_Swe

14 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Maybe you will find out what we all love about it if you finished it, you havent even come close to the end yet :)

Problem is that I don't enjoy the gameplay at all. I will finish it one day, when there is nothing else interesting to play probably :lol:

Edited by Swifty-Joker
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

RiME, I played it thanks to the PS Plus and I found it a horrible game. I did not understand what to do, where to go, and the character was too damn slow. I don't understand how people claim that this game is a masterpiece. Thank to god I took no trophy, otherwise I would have been forced to plat the game just because of that throphy I took.

RiME isn't a "master piece". I actually found many of it's gameplay element choices to be questionable. Should be said they focus heavily on it being a relaxing experience.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, that's a surprise to me, too. I thought Witcher 3 ran exceedingly well. I was prepared for an ambitious title with flaws (like DA: Inquisition), but I thought Witcher 3 was quite smooth.

It's a shame you didn't like it; it's definitely one of my favorites this generation.:(

I know, right?

I had this game quite some time in my collection. First time playing, could not even complete the first main quest, never obtained a single trophy. After four tries, I gave up with this game about two months ago. Not a single trophy obtained due to bugs/glitches.

And, I heard a lot about this game, I really, REALLY, wanted to like this game. But I was not able to :(

• Like 1