Most overrated game on PS4?

LaWiToR

• Horizon: Zero Dawn ( For obvious and previously mentioned reasons).
  • Persona 4 (The gameplay is the only thing good going for it. The setting, tune, characters and story are marginally better in 3 & 5).
  • Final Fantasy XV ( Disjointed story, bad story-telling and worse of it all; it's casual in terms of combat (Too easy) )
  • The Witcher 3 (Clunky controls and too dense for an open-world game).
  • Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War ( It doesn't bring anything new to the table -- It's like a better Assassin's Creed or Batman, but that's not saying much, both games are a borefest).

Reminder: opinions are subjective.

Edited by Xel
  • Like 1

On ‎07‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 3:56 AM, Nightstream88 said:

The Last of Us
Bloodborne/Dark Souls series
I don't actually hate the games or anything rating wise I'd probably give Dark Souls/Bloodborne 8 or 9 out of 10 and The Last of Us probably a  8/10 rather then the 10/10 ratings it received.

That also get kind of tired of everything being compared to Dark Souls even witchfire did and that game is a FPS.
Now some games like Salt and Sanctuary, Eitr and Code Vein I can see it but others not so much.

I wanted to shout, but you're a reasonable man.

Edited by Swifty-Joker

Horizon- it looks fantastic,but beyond that I don't see what's so special about it.

The last of us- it's just another zombie game like the other 1000 of them out there.

MGSV- As a big MGS fan I feel they should have let the series go after MGS4

Edited by zer007uk
  • Like 1

Red Dead Redemption. I got more than halfway through the game and it just bored me. Felt tedious to do the quests and I could have cared less about John Marston. 

GTA V. Blows my mind when I see the monthly sales reports and I see that this game is still in the top 10 for sales. GTA games never did anything for me. Super boring and overrated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Overrated is a bullshit term and shouldn't even be used.  I hate it.  This thread is more of a "what game don't you like that everyone else does".  There's nothing wrong with not liking shit, but calling something overrated is acting like your opinion on it is superior, which it is not. 

I was about to say exactly the same. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Xel said:
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn ( For obvious and previously mentioned reasons).
  • Persona 4 (The gameplay is the only thing good going for it. The setting, tune, characters and story are marginally better in 3 & 5).
  • Final Fantasy XV ( Disjointed story, bad story-telling and worse of it all; it's casual in terms of combat (Too easy) )
  • The Witcher 3 (Clunky controls and too dense for an open-world game).
  • Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War ( It doesn't bring anything new to the table -- It's like a better Assassin's Creed or Batman, but that's not saying much, both games are a borefest).

Reminder: opinions are subjective.

Why did you cross out  the 2nd one I am very confused did you change your opinion while writing it out?

45 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Why did you cross out  the 2nd one I am very confused did you change your opinion while writing it out?

Persona 4 is originally a PS2 game. Persona 4 Golden is a PS Vita game. Thread says PS4.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:05 AM, AuzzieWingman said:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Artsy piece of shit.

This. I personally found it to be so freakin' boring. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful looking game. As someone who lives in a more countryside part of England, the game looks absolutely spot on. Unfortunately, the game itself was basically a walking simulator, and I just didn't find the story all that interesting. When it became one of the PS Plus games, I thought I'd give it a go since I'd heard good things about it, but in the end it wasn't really my cup of tea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My nominations are Life is Strange and Uncharted 4.

LiS is just a mass of unlistenable voice lines. The lines themselves, the delivery of the lines, the fact that the lines are about teen girl drama... ugh.

UC4 is beautifully polished, and because it does so many surface-level things so well, it at first lulls you into thinking you're playing through a great story. The story is in fact awful. 

I haven't played Witcher 3 or Bloodborne, which are the ones I see worshipped the most, so take this for what it's worth.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:37 AM, angelgrievous said:

Overrated is a bullshit term and shouldn't even be used.  I hate it.  This thread is more of a "what game don't you like that everyone else does".  There's nothing wrong with not liking shit, but calling something overrated is acting like your opinion on it is superior, which it is not.  

I couldn't get into Overwatch.  It's not my cup of tea.

Too bad. It's still being used to this day on :P

On 3/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, FalseSine280 said:

Uncharted 4 for me. Can't even remember anything from this game besides chase scene. 

Gotta agree. I only remember more stuff since I've watched a no death attempt recently so remember some earlier moments for that reason. Otherwise, nada. Granted, I only played it once compared to 3 times each for 1-3 [and GA]. But U4 was hugely disappointing for me. I didn't enjoy the story, didn't enjoy it as a "conclusion" to Nate's story (don't say this in the PS4 reddit you'll be downvoted into oblivion and get responses like "dats like your opinion man" even if you start with "I disagree with you" or otherwise obvious subjective quantifier.)

Gameplay was fine enough. But it just felt like it lost the magic to me. U3 had problems, but I never felt that it lost the magic of Uncharted. I feel like if U4 hadn't been revealed, it wouldn't have continued production after Amy Hennig's departure from the studio. I feel like it was made solely because they already teased it, and that the directors/writers would've rather worked on something else. Them deciding to end Nate's story and say they didn't want to make more of it kinda reaffirms that to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it didn't feel as fun or as passionate. Regardless of the reason.

On 3/11/2018 at 0:50 PM, DXTF said:

This. I personally found it to be so freakin' boring. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful looking game. As someone who lives in a more countryside part of England, the game looks absolutely spot on. Unfortunately, the game itself was basically a walking simulator, and I just didn't find the story all that interesting. When it became one of the PS Plus games, I thought I'd give it a go since I'd heard good things about it, but in the end it wasn't really my cup of tea.

I agree with the assessment of the "game", but I feel like it gets plenty of deserved hate from the gaming community.

edit; Forgot I commented already heh, but clearly my feelings on U4 have changed over time. The more I think about it the more issues I have. Plus, the more people I see rave about it and dismiss any criticism or differing opinion. Which to me defines an overrated title.

Edited by Elvick_

I personally hate when a game supposedly gets "rave reviews" *everyone has to like it*. 

Remember, reviews are opinions. The only opinion that should matter is your own. Only you can determine if you like the game or not.

Remember that game that you saw got a "Metacritic" of 3/10 can be your favorite game ;)

Most overrated game on PS4 is Flower.

17 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Bloodborne.  tried getting into this game multiple times and can't find anything I like about it.  Very surprised it is considered one of the best games on one of the best consoles ever.  

Because the game is awesome, that's why. If you're in the mindset it's about being hard, it's not. It's not even hard, it's just good gameplay and fun.

12 hours ago, MMDE said:

Most overrated game on PS4 is Flower.

Because the game is awesome, that's why. If you're in the mindset it's about being hard, it's not. It's not even hard, it's just good gameplay and fun.

hard isn't the problem I have with it.  I just don't see the gameplay as fun personally.  I think that is why I can't sit down and play it.  I've completed other hard or difficult games or trophies the difference was I liked those games.  I guess it's just personal opinion.  I realize the greater majority of people see Bloodborne as great fun.  considering I've liked just about every game I have set out to play and complete I'm very surprised I don't like it.  However, I can't really help that I don't it's just how it is.  It will get completed at some point regardless. .

Edited by steel6burgh

Oh wow, tough one. So many to choose from.

You know that hot PS4 game everyone is talking about and giving rave reviews to that I haven’t played yet? That one. So overrated it hurts. Runner up would be that one huge game everyone was calling amazing. I never played it, but their opinions are wrong for liking it so much.

Honorable mention? I guess that super niche game everyone recommends to people asking for recommendations. You know which one, it’s the super well reviewed game that only really sells to the more dedicated players who then spend the rest of a console generation trying to evangelize it. It’s not very good at all, even though I haven’t played it ... ugh, so overrated,

• Like 4

On 6/2/2018 at 2:56 PM, steel6burgh said:

hard isn't the problem I have with it.  I just don't see the gameplay as fun personally.  I think that is why I can't sit down and play it.  I've completed other hard or difficult games or trophies the difference was I liked those games.  I guess it's just personal opinion.  I realize the greater majority of people see Bloodborne as great fun.  considering I've liked just about every game I have set out to play and complete I'm very surprised I don't like it.  However, I can't really help that I don't it's just how it is.  It will get completed at some point regardless. .

I agree with you. They claim Ni-Oh is harder and I have the plat for that and not Bloodborne. Bloodborne is okay so far. I like the Atmosphere it has with is very Gothic themed, I like that. Other than that, I do not get the massive hype it has. Also to point out, I Never played Dark Souls or Demon Soul's either so yea.