Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Would you guys PLEASE stop asking non-GameSpy games for GoneSpy? That's not how it works.

Maybe the OP just needs to have a link that includes all games that used gamespy servers.

Eh who am I kidding, that won't stop people from asking about non gamespy ones

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

subject - UT3

Hi everyone, i dont know if anyone is still active on this topic but i could do with some help. iv been trying to get it to work for afew days and have read through the forums at other peoples problems but im still struggling. 

Everything ive done seems to be as it should be, i can connect to psn, but when i boot up UT3 it says [not signed in] in the corner where as, if my ps3 is set up normally it will say my psn name. 

i think the problem is somewhere in deadwood, in the fault log i get this message. 

06 January 2020 17:00:29: ==Deadwood started==
06 January 2020 17:00:29: Deadwood version 3.2.11
06 January 2020 17:00:29: Deadwood: A DNS UDP non-recursive cache (IPv4-only)
06 January 2020 17:00:29: We bound to 1 addresses
06 January 2020 17:00:29: Cache older than rc file; not reading cache

Edit- ok so now when i try i get this fault in deadwoods log.

10 January 2020 16:07:11: ==Deadwood started==
10 January 2020 16:07:11: Deadwood version 3.2.11
10 January 2020 16:07:11: Fatal error in dwood3rc file on line 19 incomplete last line

Ive had it working before as far as ps3 conects to the DNS, but when i try and go onto UT3 it either says my username(offine) or not signed in. and the game slows right down to virtualy crashing. i just dont know?

Edited by matchi15

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-10-29 at 1:18 AM, marius_maximus said:

Hi! Still waiting for Mortal Kombat Vita conformation I found someone who tried GoneSpy on it and couldn’t connect. It’s actually the first result if you type “GoneSpy Mortal Kombat” (don’t want to post spam).

I still see the game on the untested games on the thread though. Any news?

thanks!

I wonder the same about Mortal Kombat vita.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just set this up again to try and make some more progress on UT3.. ?

I could have sworn I'd asked this before, but can't find it - does GoneSpy work for the co-op stuff if both players are running it? I seem to recall it doesn't, but wondered if anyone was able to confirm either way?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to refloat such an old thread. I’m still keeping some hope for Mortal Kombat Vita. I’ve been following every single small piece of info about it ever since I discovered this thread but unfortunately there’s been nothing for the last few months. I came back to the GoneSpy tutorial but it still sounds like Chinese to me. Is there anyone still trying to get it tested? Thanks

On 6/3/2020 at 11:00 AM, marius_maximus said:

Sorry to refloat such an old thread. I’m still keeping some hope for Mortal Kombat Vita. I’ve been following every single small piece of info about it ever since I discovered this thread but unfortunately there’s been nothing for the last few months. I came back to the GoneSpy tutorial but it still sounds like Chinese to me. Is there anyone still trying to get it tested? Thanks

You are not the only one, I would play it with great pleasure too but I don't think it works, if I remember well they tested MK vs DC without success, if it worked maybe there was hope for MK on PsVita too

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, xxvNIXONvxx said:

Any chance for Mortal Kombat 9 on PS3 working with GoneSpy ?

If you have a copy, you could test it out and report back here and let us know your results. It's kinda hit-or-miss, but the previous pages are filled with information for getting GoneSpy up and running. For anyone else wondering if a particular game can or can't benefit from this software (for now), check the game for this logo:

rHzn3Xm.jpg?1

13 hours ago, xxvNIXONvxx said:

Hello, Any chance for Mortal Kombat 9 on PS3 working with GoneSpy ? Servers are dead now. 

13 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

If you have a copy, you could test it out and report back here and let us know your results. It's kinda hit-or-miss, but the previous pages are filled with information for getting GoneSpy up and running. For anyone else wondering if a particular game can or can't benefit from this software (for now), check the game for this logo:

rHzn3Xm.jpg?1

Now that I finally am able to activate gonespy (and tested it with bulletstorm to confirm that it works) I can say that:

MK 9 (PS3) [latest version] doesn't seem to recognize that my gonespy is active. I actually pretty logical since an update probably migrated the servers to something less stellar.

MK 9 (PSVita) Instead of crashing my game it now says the message "the network connection to your playstation vita system has been lost".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Maybe an unpatched version would work?

Hypothetically it won't work since, with most games atleast, you need to be online on PSN and that is not possible with a unpatched version.

But I tried it anyway :)

So I have redownloaded my digital game and it was version 1.05 in the end (1.07 is the current). And the effect is that I cannot connect due to not been logged in on PSN. I don't know if there is some weird way around that. But solely gonespy doesn't solve the shutdown.

Only thing open is obviously even earlier versions, however I don't expect much out of them.

Ive got everything up and running but now the ps3 wont conect through the pc ip ive followed the troubleshooting section but still nothing.

EDIT: Got everything working just needed to tweak some of the txt files and it seemed to be working!

Edited by Surgical_Assault