Camp Wannalottaplat

Just got the plat in shadow of mordor. It's fun in small doses, gets very repetitive though. Anyone that's played shadow of war is it just more of the same? That's my 6th game of the event done now, nearly halfway there. Going to try and make some progress on the banner saga 2 for my next game I think.

• Like 3

Finally got my first game of the event done by finishing MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies. I enjoyed my time with it, much better than the other hack and slash spinoff Neptunia U. I'll make a more substantial writeup in my trophy checklist topic later today.

Moved Yakuza Kiwami up to 75% by finishing up all the substories today. Still got about 16% of the completion list to finish, so there's still a substantial amount of the game left.

• Like 2

@donut_plz Thanks for helping Toogie with this event!

In the past week I've completed my bonus 'summer' game, Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension (which has already been updated). I remember liking the show back when it first aired. For what it is as a kid's TV show game and side-scroller, the game is solid if a bit basic. Since they got the show's creator's involved, I think the writing and dialogue is where it shines.

Other than that, I've been playing Detroit and looking for games to fill out/swap with my current camp roster.

If its okay I would like to add:

Proteus - 100% (now) = Go Hiking [so that another complete game for Cabin 6]

Hue - 0% = Be a Hermit (puzzles; the protagonist seems to be alone at the start)

And swap:

Beyond: Two Souls - 30% = Tell a Ghost Story (swapping out Yakuza: Dead Souls)

Metal Gear Sollid 2: Sons of Liberty - 32% = Shoot Something (swapping out Hitman: Absolution)

Thanks!

Edited by masaru-san
Played more Proteus
  • Like 1

And I've got another 100% for cabin 4 now with me finishing up Higurashi chapter 6.

5 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Thank you! Still waiting to hear back from the landlord about how long of a wait we are gonna have. We are going to be moving everything ourselves so thankfully no movers needed (hopefully)

Well, just the "we" mentioned makes you better off on that front than me.  I'm a single girl who lives alone, so it's either bribe some co-workers into helping or hire pros.  With the insanely hot weather as of late and me moving across town, it was better to get pros used to that. 

Edited by ladynadiad

5 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Just got the plat in shadow of mordor. It's fun in small doses, gets very repetitive though. Anyone that's played shadow of war is it just more of the same? That's my 6th game of the event done now, nearly halfway there. Going to try and make some progress on the banner saga 2 for my next game I think.

It is mostly more of the same. Like 90% of the game haha

5 hours ago, ItsMeZack16 said:

Can I change my bonus game from Dead Island Riptide to Fallout Shelter? Thank you!

I'll get it updated on Monday. err... Actually, Donut will.

Edited by Toogie53

So Ni No Kuni 2 ..... I just don't know. Very enjoyable game, story was great, Kingdom building etc etc. If anyone else is about to play it I would recommend one of two things.

If you want are really easy plat leave your game running to max out the Kingdom currency from Chapter 4 onwards. From Chapter 6ish you can sell all your items the people bring in and easily make the 500k trophy.

BUT

It really does cheapen the end game and make it a bit blah but nevertheless great game. Would recommend.

Edited by cjshaitan

Sundae update! I was busy this week. Started -- and finished -- Abzu (okay, that took me like a combined three hours), got through the Hollow Bastion in KH, and knocked out The Lost Legacy. This week, I'm going to play Last Day of June, maybe chip away at Dark Souls, and continue my KH adventure. I might also start Yonder, depending on my time. The issue is my PS4 is going to be idle for most of the week while I try to rack up those 100 hours for Speedster.

Still, add another plat and 100 for the best cabin (#2).

Status Report for June 24

Make Friends: Kingdom Hearts - 0% --> 26%

Hang out at the Lake: Abzu - 100%

Play a Sport: Pyre - 0%

Go Hiking: Firewatch - 0%

Learn Something: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 24% --> 100% :platinum:

Put on a Show: Foul Play - 0%

Tell a Ghost Story: Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - 0%

Get Tested: Dark Souls Remastered - 67%

Be a Hermit: Last Day of June - 0%

Survive: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles - 0%

Summer Vacation: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition - 51%

Shoot Something: The Swords of Ditto

Make Something: Pic-a-Pix Color

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

Man Cabin #1 is killing it, good job guys. I started up Blue Reflection over the weekend and it is good fun, a bit strange but I'm definitely enjoying it. Combat is very easy though even on hard but I should finish it up over the coming week.

I've been trying to get back into Rayman to finish off the last trophy but I just can't be bothered with the dailies which is a worry, I don't know if I'll make it by the end of this event sadly.

After Blue Reflection is done I will be jumping back into KH 1 for my #50, all I have left is my proud playthrough so shouldn't be too hard to get done there :) 

• Like 1

Cabin 7 checking in here. Very Early Morning Monday Update.

To probably the detriment of my cabin mates I picked a lot of lengthy platinum trophies that will probably take all summer but I got to work this week: I have platted Just Sing for the 100 percent 2 days ago and did it in 9 days. Was fun but ultimately tedious game that was helped a lot by one of my biggest FANs :^) It was fun singing My Heart Will Go On, Take On Me, and a bunch of other recent Top 40 hits pre-2016 with my horrible voice. Those performances will never see the light of day and whatever ones I uploaded for the trophies will die once the game gets shut down on the 29th.

This weekend I wrapped up all DLC for ModNation Racers as I completed the Far East DLC quickly, which means I don't need any more DLC trophies. All there is left to do in that game is finish up the Star Creator trophy, Hot Lap. and Superstar trophy and I will have wrapped up the trophy game for a game I consider to be one of my favorites of all time. It will take a while but I will be done with the trophy list very soon.

Street Fighter V's platinum is proving to be hard due to me being not a good enough Chun-Li, I had gotten to Silver but am back @ Ultra Bronze so I am training well and getting advice from the SFV Chun Li discord to help me as I am not only doing this to get the platinum, but to improve as I am trying to compete. Other than to reach Gold, Survival trophies are a bitch but out of nowhere, Capcom announced that alongside the launch of Cody will come with Survival changes.. that include CONTINUES (for 1000 fm) and SAVES (could possibly be a Arcade Series type deal.) so those trophies might get easier. And grinding for priceless. Capcom REALLY is hesitant giving you Fight Money this season.I have 760,000 more or less with 240,000 to go. Might be a while if Capcom doesn't give out more FM. 

That's my update this week. Haven't really worked on any other games outside these mentioned.  Will probably start Prey soon and go back to Wipeout HD soon as well, but in all honesty this week will be a  very short work week trophy wise, as I must get the LBP Karting online trophies and organize a sending off party of the game (goes down a week from today, sadly the suport wasn't there to save it which is a bummer) and I will seek employment, and continue to improve my personal life.

See ya next week. Sorry to my cabin mates that I have not interacted with, because I have been in the dark so long ?

• Like 4

Akiba's Trip

13L9b4fe3.png

Gamer 
                                                                                    Cleared the game on Gamer difficulty.

got this one about 22 hours ago, which means one more playthrough for the Otaku trophy and i'll have my fourth platinum for this event

also when does the event end again?

Edited by coolsnowvil
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, coolsnowvil said:

also when does the event end again?

This event ends on the 19th August 2018 :)

@Toogie53 will the end be like the start of this event? So everybody stops at 11:59 pm on 19th Aug in his or her country?

Edited by Evil_Joker88

On 6/22/2018 at 6:41 PM, ladynadiad said:

I'm more worried about the skateboard tricks, the minigames, the data org battles and satisfying the mushroom XIII.  That's why it's not officially on my list yet, but I'm sure the questions I've asked will help those who do have it on theirs.  Proud and critical are nothing compared to fury difficulty in Muramasa Rebirth (and I know someone here is nuts enough to have that on their list, it's been sitting at 80% for a long time for me).  Anything that lets me grind if I need it is doable with patience.  I've still got level grinding and maxing my drive forms on my beginner run though.

Ah ok, those aren't so bad though there's one Mushroom that's annoying to get the best rank on. IIRC it's mushroom #8 (the one outside Yen Sid's Tower). If by skateboard tricks you mean the trophy for 5,000 points, there's an easy way to cheese it in Twilight Town.

Yeah, some of those bosses where very challenging in Muramasa Rebirth, especially those DLC bosses.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:44 PM, Toogie53 said:
  • KINGDOM HEARTS - I played through some of Olympus Coliseum stuff. Then moved on to Deep Jungle planet and hung out with Tarzan for a while. I locked that keyhole up and flew back to Traverse Town so I could buy potions and that's where I stopped. Am I gimping myself if I change the party around? In this case, Donald didn't get any XP in the Deep Jungle. Will he lag behind if I do this much?

Congrats :yay: . Nah, switching party members around doesn't matter, since Donald and Goofy are mainly used as cannon fodder. Though Goofy can be a bit useful with MP Gift and there are ultra rare instances where Donald doesn't waste all his MP on offensive magic and actually heals you.

22 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

So Ni No Kuni 2 ..... I just don't know. Very enjoyable game, story was great, Kingdom building etc etc. If anyone else is about to play it I would recommend one of two things.

If you want are really easy plat leave your game running to max out the Kingdom currency from Chapter 4 onwards. From Chapter 6ish you can sell all your items the people bring in and easily make the 500k trophy.

BUT

It really does cheapen the end game and make it a bit blah but nevertheless great game. Would recommend.

Hurry up and start Ys VIII.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

This event ends on the 19th August 2018 :)

@Toogie53 will the end be like the start of this event? So everybody stops at 11:59 pm on 19th Aug in his or her country?

Thats the idea, but in reality will probably be whenever we do a final update the day after. So someone could squeeze out something a little late and count it.

9 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats :yay: . Nah, switching party members around doesn't matter, since Donald and Goofy are mainly used as cannon fodder. Though Goofy can be a bit useful with MP Gift and there are ultra rare instances where Donald doesn't waste all his MP on offensive magic and actually heals you.

Thanks for letting me know they never amount to more than cannon fodder. Lol. I already had to take away their potion priviledges after Wonderland. Goofy was putting me in the poor house. 

5 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Thanks for letting me know they never amount to more than cannon fodder. Lol. I already had to take away their potion priviledges after Wonderland. Goofy was putting me in the poor house. 

Oh yeah, never give them any healing items, they'll waste it withing the next 5 minutes even when setting the preferences to "Emergencies Only". Each party member from other worlds also comes with a full stock of healing items, so be sure to remove those and keep them for yourself :awesome: .

• Like 1

So my progress has stalled a bit.

I went tent camping last weekend with some friends, so I got nothing done. Today is a hectic day at work because my boss leaves tomorrow for New Orleans, so I am being left in charge the rest of the week, and he is going over everything that needs to be done. This upcoming weekend is my birthday weekend, so I am not sure how much I'll get done then either. It may not be until July before I can resume my progress. 

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

So my progress has stalled a bit.

I went tent camping last weekend with some friends, so I got nothing done. Today is a hectic day at work because my boss leaves tomorrow for New Orleans, so I am being left in charge the rest of the week, and he is going over everything that needs to be done. This upcoming weekend is my birthday weekend, so I am not sure how much I'll get done then either. It may not be until July before I can resume my progress. 

Hope you had fun!

I think you'll be alright, and if you can enjoy your birthday this weekend.. DO IT! :) No one is going to hate. I'll even make a cake for you and we can share with the cabin (if you wanted haha.)

On a different note, I put my two weeks in at my current job but I'm still waiting for my uniforms and a call from my new job. Don't think I'll hear from them (or at least be starting) till next week or the week after. And I have all this week off (part time sucks) so, if I can muster up another game for my list, I will add one. ^-^

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Hope you had fun!

I think you'll be alright, and if you can enjoy your birthday this weekend.. DO IT! :) No one is going to hate. I'll even make a cake for you and we can share with the cabin (if you wanted haha.)

On a different note, I put my two weeks in at my current job but I'm still waiting for my uniforms and a call from my new job. Don't think I'll hear from them (or at least be starting) till next week or the week after. And I have all this week off (part time sucks) so, if I can muster up another game for my list, I will add one. ^-^

I did have fun!

Yeah I am definitely planning on enjoying my weekend...and cake would be amazing! Sharing with the cabin is a must! :)

On your different note, enjoy the bridge time between jobs. Perfect time to get a lot of gaming in.

After thinking about it quite a bit over the weekend, I decided to blow up my original list of games completely even though it was my "final" list. I subbed to PS Now for the summer so that my kids could have all-you-can-play video games. However, there were five or six games that I started on it two years ago when I did a free trial. I've wanted them off my backlog for a long time and I don't want to stay subbed forever, so I am giving them the priority for now. I am a little bummed about changing though because I was genuinely excited to work on all the games from my previous list. Also, I have borrowed a couple of games and want to return them back asap so those have priority as well. Even if they didn't make my list, I still will be doing them on the side which means less time. 

Make Friends - Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4) - I did the entirety of the campaign co-op. Also, the game involves a team of four that are friends in the military way. 

Hang Out at Lake - Riptide GP2 (PS4) - Racing on hydro jets or wave runners or jet skis or whatever you call them.

Play a Sport - A Way Out  (PS4) - There a bunch of mini games in it. The one that fits best is a trophy for hitting a homerun while playing baseball. 

Go Hiking - Proteus (PS3) - Literally nothing else to this game but walking around and exploring an island. 

Shoot Something - Borderlands (PS3) - I don't know anything about the story so I have to place this one here. Planning to co-op it with my daughter. 

Make Something - The Witcher 3 (PS4) - I borrowed this one. It will take me all summer, even if I prioritize it. Fits because you craft things to help hunt monsters.

Learn Something - God of War (PS3) - Will learn a little about Greek mythology. 

Put on a Show - Blue Reflection (PS4) - There's a lot of stuff here. For the main character there is ballet and acting. 

Tell a Ghost Story - Cat Quest  (PS4) - A bit of supernatural stuff happening here. There's some ghost stuff, summoning circles, spells, illusions, food that makes you kill people. 

Get Tested - Bioshock (PS4) - Only had challenge rooms left to do when this event started. 

Be a Hermit - SBCG4AP (PS3) - Strong Bad has a FunBox and you can take breaks from the story to play video games on it. Episodic so all 5 will need to be done. 

Survive - Bioshock (PS3) - I know its on my list already, but I have to do the full thing over again. It fits here because you pick up med kits, food, ammo etc. 

Summer Vacation - Jurassic Park (PS3) - A father takes his daughter to see dinosaurs before the park is open and shit happens. Episodic, 4 will need to be done.  

I'll update Cabins 1-5 while I work on swapping my list around on the main post. So that will happen very shortly. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1