Camp Wannalottaplat

Day 2 Afternoon Activities:

• 100-mph dash to get out of Dodge before the Rat King turns me into violin strings. ??

So yeah, patching and starting up Ni no Kuni 2 right now. I would like to move it to Learn Something because in the game your #1 task is to rebuild a kingdom and this would be something like Civ 5 or something while throwing in Suikoden-type army fights so you learn how kingdoms are made. (Which is ridonkelous as real kingdoms in the Middle Ages were a lot messier and bloodier than the one in this game, but hey, any excuse to snipe a category. xD) Will probably play through the first chapter and then switch over to something else. Saving Rapture for tomorrow after church because my mind will be too numb to think anyways. :P

Also going to put in a new game to replace my last entry for Make Something. Pulling a page out of @eigen-space's book and using an Atelier game for Make Something, because I just traded in WoFF for some GameStop cred... and blew six times that much on Atelier Firis and Dragon Quest Heroes. (And then blew out another $27 on three-months of PS+ because I found out Grim Legends 3 has a BS puzzle trophy involving doing three sliding puzzles in three minutes. Luckily, the Grim Legends collection is done and dusted and I never have to play Grim Legends again. I also blew $6 more for the f'king Deluxe Edition and got a soundtrack which won't work because my PS4 doesn't support the music soundtrack and five lousy avatars which I will never use because the Squid Baron is my avatar 4EVA. if the soundtrack app worked I would have said jes do it but nope. Bad PR Artifex Mundi, you aren't Square-Enix. :P)

Hell, why not? Throw in the other game I bought for Shoot Something. Yes, Dragon Quest Heroes the first is now a part of the list because, hell, once I get Bianca in the group she is my main and she will kill you all with her arrows in a RAIN OF PAIN. ?)

So now my list is:

• Go Hiking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (0%, my hands are going to be numb afterwards)
  • Hang Out At The Lake: Old Man's Journey (0%)
  • Make Something: Atelier Firis and the Mysterious Book (0%)
  • Learn Something: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (0% - still blasting patching the game with vers. 1.02, will take another 10 minuteS)
  • Shoot Something: Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (0%, skipping every cutscene as I saw them)
  • Get Tested: Teslagrad (7%) (Toogs, please update this ASAP)
  • Survive: Dragon Quest Builders (0%)
  • Bonus - Summer Vacation: Reverie (:platinum:)

Adding more games because I know I'll clear the quota with Rapture, DQB and Teslagrad(won't give up on it, just taking a short hiatus) so I need more meaty games to fill out the rest of my time in camp. Besides, if I succeed in these games, it means more plats and Cabin #1 keeps their juicy lead. xD

Edited by SquidBaronet

4 hours ago, Fidel said:

Yeah, it does look good. 

And that sounds fine with me. I was likely going to play it later, too. I'd like to finish Get Even and The Last of Us Remastered, and secure those badges. :P But 11 weeks should be plenty of time to finish those, so I can always take a break. 

Theres no rush, lots of time to get around to playing Bound! :) We can start once you're finished with those two? And on that note I really need to get myself a copy of TLoU, I feel like I'm missing out from not having played it...

57 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Is it weird that I'm jelly over people playing Bound while I'm playing Dark Souls Remastered, because this game isn't challenging me in the slightest?

I dunno. Is it any weirder than me using the word "jelly"?

Join us!!! :D

As long as you don't use the word "jelly" again (unless it's referring to the sugary goodness, then we're good) :P 

You like platformers as well, right? So Bound should be great for you :D

• Like 4

@eigen-space I played Milla's route first, so wouldn't have mattered in my case. I don't know, just didn't like the guy. Lol. I pretty much liked everyone from the first game more in the sequel, though. And Ludger and Elle's story was so incredibly good and touching. I wish Xillia wasn't my only Tales Plat.. I'm just so lazy with these long JRPGs. :/ 

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Is it weird that I'm jelly over people playing Bound while I'm playing Dark Souls Remastered, because this game isn't challenging me in the slightest?

I thought about throwing Bloodborne on there. But looking at its Platinum rarity, I just didn't think it would be a real challenge for me. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Theres no rush, lots of time to get around to playing Bound! :) We can start once you're finished with those two? And on that note I really need to get myself a copy of TLoU, I feel like I'm missing out from not having played it...

That's fine with me. No idea how long The Last of Us will take me, though. :/ Have to go through that long multiplayer grind again.. But it is an amazing game, and I highly recommend it. :) I've actually never played it on Grounded Mode, either, so that will be something new. 

Dang, it got real in here quickly. I think most people would say they had a pretty tough childhood, but you can actually say that with some conviction, @ProfBambam55.

I grew up as a military brat (and you thought I was just playing a role ?), but that was probably the best thing that could've happened to me. The only abuse I suffered was mental, from never being good enough to living by a very strict schedule. In many ways, it was a blessing in disguise, because it taught me discipline and work ethic, gave me a good sense of the world at a very young age, and kept me out of trouble. I did go through a phase where I ran away from home repeatedly, but nothing like what you went through. Glad to see you're giving your children a better life.

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Join us!!! :D

As long as you don't use the word "jelly" again (unless it's referring to the sugary goodness, then we're good) :P 

You like platformers as well, right? So Bound should be great for you :D

I do like platformers, but I'm reeeeeally hesitant to play that one. I don't even know what the trophies require -- I just know about that ribbon part near the end, and I'm not sure my twitchy reflexes could handle that.

5 minutes ago, Fidel said:

I thought about throwing Bloodborne on there. But looking at its Platinum rarity, I just didn't think it would be a real challenge for me. Lol. 

I'm actually surprised by Bloodborne's rarity. I'd argue it's the hardest of the Soulsborne games to platinum. Sure, beating it isn't bad, but those Defiled Chalice dungeons are a nightmare. Especially Amygdala. That battle alone is harder than anything I've faced in Dark Souls 1, 2, or 3. DLC included.

But if you want to ensure you're giving yourself a proper challenge, try to 100% the game too. Orphan of Kos has something to say about you thinking it's too easy. :P

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm actually surprised by Bloodborne's rarity. I'd argue it's the hardest of the Soulsborne games to platinum. Sure, beating it isn't bad, but those Defiled Chalice dungeons are a nightmare. Especially Amygdala. That battle alone is harder than anything I've faced in Dark Souls 1, 2, or 3. DLC included.

But if you want to ensure you're giving yourself a proper challenge, try to 100% the game too. Orphan of Kos has something to say about you thinking it's too easy. :P

Interesting.. Well, I'm sure I'll download and try it one of these days. As for getting the DLC, it will depend on if I like the game enough (and that it goes on sale again :lol:).

• Like 1

Day 2 Nighttime Activities:

• Kicking the @$$ of a giant Chinese dragon

Ni no Kuni 2: 8%

Played through the first three chapters of NNK2 and the opening... I hope I am forgiven at church tomorrow for cussing but...

Spoiler

920x920.jpg

HOLY FUCK! I thought I was playing Ni no Kuni, not Fallout 76! :o

So that's how Roland ends up in the world of Ni no Kuni in the middle of a coup of power by the mice people. Good thing he decided to stay there, I don't think he will want to go home to find his family has turned into super-mutants. xD

The game has the same charm as the original Wrath of the White Witch, but it is Kingdom Hearts in combat all of the way. Didn't find the skirmishs bad but Longfang... oh geez, are all of the realmwreckers gonna be this long?

Still, it's a fun game and I just got to the part where I can manage my kingdom, I mean Evermore. (I honestly wish the Secret of Evermore was as cool as Evan's kingdom instead of some really cheezy alternate world created by people who hated their lives and it got jacked by a robot butler. Yeah, anyone else remember THAT game? :P)

As soon as I get home from church I'll try to get some progress on another platinum. Maybe Everybody's Gone to the Rapture because every camp has to have a nature hike.

EDIT: I really should have put some of this stuff in spoilers. Sorry. :(

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

Hey all. Sorry for being MIA today. It ended up being busier than I expected. There was a family event (graduation party) that I had forgotten about. Just one of those days where I kind of wasted the morning and the rest of the day was swept away. 

@ProfBambam55 Thanks for the big share. I know you think people dont care, but there is something there to learn. For me, It helps reinforce the my opinion about judging based on a few posts in a forum. Next time put a TLDR version up too. Lol jk.

@TomoTakino listen to @eigen-space she is knowledgeable and wise ?

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I actually didnt struggle with the orphan. Took me a few tries but each one was more successful than the previous. Where i struggled in the DLC was when I was collecting all of the weapons and you have to go down the well where there are those two giant walking shark fish people things. It probably took me 30 attempts there. Defiled. Chalice Amygdala is still the winner of the hardest boss award though.

I havent played Dark Souls yet so I cant compare them. Kind of glad to hear you think they are a bit easier than Bloodborne though. I think the platinum rarity is more of a sign about how compelling the game is than how easy it is.

• Like 1

Goodness gracious, so many people and posts and we're less than a week in!

No trophy update for me, but I did pick up Dangraronpa again and got two more 'friends' in the school mode, so now I only have 8 left. I finished the main game a long time ago, but this school mode is rather a boring grind and, for some reason, I kept losing during the last task. Today I realized it's because not all rooms take up the same amount of energy to mine, so I was doing the low energy rooms, and then trying to rush the high energy rooms when I needed those resources :facepalm: I'm hoping I can get all 8 done in two more playthroughs and then quickly grind out the last of those items.

3 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Goodness gracious, so many people and posts and we're less than a week in!

No trophy update for me, but I did pick up Dangraronpa again and got two more 'friends' in the school mode, so now I only have 8 left. I finished the main game a long time ago, but this school mode is rather a boring grind and, for some reason, I kept losing during the last task. Today I realized it's because not all rooms take up the same amount of energy to mine, so I was doing the low energy rooms, and then trying to rush the high energy rooms when I needed those resources :facepalm: I'm hoping I can get all 8 done in two more playthroughs and then quickly grind out the last of those items.

I enjoyed School Mode as it's quite funny and so very different than the main game... Although it didn't help that i played 5 times through :D ... but since so i can tell you it'll get easier crafting whatever task you've got as the kids level up until level 9 which is max... i let 12 kids search for goods and 4 clean... and boy! let 12 lv 9 kids dig in one room and you'll get dozens of goods that day :D  ... and also i chose the rooms with high energy need as normal activity and only when need arose changed a kid to a room with lesser energy consumption :) (giving them rest before they collapsed of course)...

So between the wife wanting to have a date night Friday night, and me spending 12 hours at a crawfish boil yesterday, I have yet to login and play to complete the games I said I was going to complete on Day 1. But I am online now, so I am hoping to complete some.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

So between the wife wanting to have a date night Friday night, and me spending 12 hours at a crawfish boil yesterday, I have yet to login and play to complete the games I said I was going to complete on Day 1. But I am online now, so I am hoping to complete some.

Hey, gotta keep your priorities straight. That's how people stay married. xD And I tried a crawfish boil once, not really got into the taste. I'm more of a crab boil type of guy. ;)

Off topic, anyone excited about E3? The press conferences start this Saturday. I'm excited for the Square-Enix conference next Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sardavanua said:

Just finished my 2 remaining playtroughs of Dark Souls Remastered.

Therefore I'm happy to announce my first Platinum contribution for Cabin #9.

Gotta rest till Tuesday, got some exams tomorrow. 

well played...i think that's our entire cabin's first plat...a good one at that...good luck on the exams...

edit : also wanted to say cheers to everyone for the response to previous post...was really hesitant before submitting...was just going to go back to business as usually but figured at least a head nod of acknowledgment was due so...*nods head in appreciation*...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3