Ghost of Tsushima - July 17, 2020

Ghost

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Ā 

The first couple years I started trophy hunting there was no tax on PSN. I just recently picked up the PS2 era Grand Theft Auto trilogy for half the price of normal due to the PSN sale that covered it. Still had to pay $1 - 2 from taxes. Bugs me quite a bit. I've probably spent $150 - 200 from just taxes alone on PSN these past couple years.

Ā 

I remember that. They didn't have taxes before on PSN and then it changed for some States in the U.S. It's BS.

The reversible cover sleeve looks cool

Ā 

PAISAsG.png

QRBhu6p.jpg
Ā 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was an epic trailer. I was sold on it before that trailer and now i'm feeling like this could budge it's way into my all time top 5 games.

Ā 

Beautiful looking, silky movement, gory kills, noir graphics, and japanese language. It's gonna be as they said, playing your favourite samurai movie.

• Like 2

Time to watch the video again. It's in 4K now :)

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

-Guiding winds and animals

-Stand Off mode that shows off hype kills

-Different sword stances akin to Nioh

-Armor customization

-Can sneak around and use gadgets to scare enemies like a Samurai Batman

-Can pet the fox

Ā 

I'm giving this game my rating of YOOOOO out of 10

• Like 3

It's become clear to meĀ that people well versed in the Japanese Samurai lore are going to get the most out of this game (something I've questionably been ignoring), which is likely why i'm not precisely as enthusiasticĀ of this game as a lot of other or certain people are, even though every official video of this game has truly been amazing so far. I just rewatched the other videos after seeing this gameplay event, and it's clear that this is going to be a phenomenalĀ overall experience, but i'm going to have to educate myself more on the Samurai lore to appreciate the game more and what it's presenting..

Ā 

One thing I really like is how the wildlife system in this gameĀ isn't justĀ theĀ usual hunt & kill or hunt, kill, and craft seen in other openworld games like Far Cry and Horizon Zero Dawn. Instead, theyĀ aid theĀ samurai to importantĀ areas during exploration.

Ā 

I'm seeing a lot of praise after the recent video, way more than I would have possibly thought, especially from people who've specifically wanted Ubisoft to design a game like this in the Assassin Creed universe. A lot of Assassin Creed players are loving what Sucker Punch is doing here. (People are also hyped for someone being voiced by Zorro.) But now I want to see detailed impressionsĀ from peopleĀ interested in this game who've played the Nioh series and Sekiro, which are very similar games where you also control a samurai (moreso for Nioh than Sekiro), have different stances, with emphasis on combat and exploration, etc, all while taking place in Japan.

• Like 1

I did get major Assassin Creed vibes, some of the combat looked nice but some of the melee combat when you are surrounded by multiple enemies, just felt...I don't know what's the best word to describe it, it just felt off to me, we shall see, I hope it's not pre-Origins AC combat.

Ā 

I don't even think it needs to be said that it looks stunning, one could just stand there and admire the view, that's how beautiful it can look. Exploring this world could be very enjoyable.