Ghost of Tsushima - July 17, 2020

Ghost

One early review from a site (it's in Hebrew) New screenshots as well

Ghost of Tsushima not only respects the true history of the island, but also the general history of the samurai media, whether it's the shooting angles, English and Japanese dubbing for the characters, and concentrating on one samurai versus slim chances, reminiscent of the samurai movies of yesteryear A show mode inspired by legendary director Akira Kurosawa, who turns the entire game show into black and white with a dirty effect, is great for old movie buffs among us.

This is one of the most beautiful games of this generation. The light, texture and reflection effects bring to life some of the most stunning views I have seen so far on the PlayStation 4, even more so than most of the views in Horizon: Zero Dawn. Combine with all this great animation of the characters, both in body and face, precise and emotional dubbing, and a breathtaking Japanese soundtrack, and this is without a doubt one last exclusive exclusive game for Sony's successful console.

Ghost of Tsushima is another great open world game from Sucker Punch.

While the battle system can be a bit stiff and I would like more variety and depth in the enemies, it is still an amazing game in terms of gameplay, visuals and story with a busy and lively world, which is the biggest attraction of the game, each mission and place feel important and interesting. The Ghost of Tsushima for the ultimate samurai game, which came to close us the generation in a big way.

With a full and lively open world, good gameplay, breathtaking graphics and an interesting story about the way of the samurai, this is one last amazing exclusive game for Sony's current console

9.5/10

uSbRb85.jpg

KP3cIoj.jpg

nvpqXb0.jpg

Pw3JVZc.jpg

XHjC5T1.jpg

2qtJbGY.jpg

Someone who's playing the game:

s72orvh.png

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Right since 2017, this has been my most hyped PS4 exclusive of this console generation.

Same here. I've always had a deep fascination of ancient Japan and Samurai culture ever since I was a kid and this game looks like it's going to capture all that perfectly. Plus Sucker Punch has yet to let me down and I'm hoping this ends up being there magnum opus. I'm expecting this to be in the early-mid 80's with critics very much like the Infamous series but we'll see tomorrow. I'm so hyped!

Edited by Fearless0610

13 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

lol so you want a rattalaikai type of list? with no work to it?

Missable is fine by me.... 

I detest difficulty related trophies. Let everyone play it how they want. I play on normal/hard. My mate likes to play for the story. Some people play on the hardest... Each to their own but don't lock a plat behind difficulty trophies. If the game is meant to be played on hard - make the game hard. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Here's a better one 1f632.png

https://i.imgur.com/FTAyFGT.mp4

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

SuckerPunch should have showed something like this in their videos, I was a little worried because the combat system looked like smashing the attack button, but here we can see actual gameplay and tactics, amazing! Just when I was thinking that I could wait some time to get this game xD

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Here's a better one 1f632.png

https://i.imgur.com/FTAyFGT.mp4

Oh man, the details happening here. From the visuals to the reaction to being cut. Blood not automatically disappearing as soon as it touches the ground. The tension it presents. I think im going to go on a blackout now as far as watching anything else lol. I've seen enough, just going to distract myself by playing Battlefield 4 or NBA 2k20 til friday gets here.

Edited by AlphaExGAT
  • Like 1

I haven't come across a trophy list yet, but one review mentioned this about the trophies, so there must be a list floating around somewhere

"A trophy list that rewards exploration and combat prowess, as well as a devotion to completing all of the game's main points of interest and various Tales. This is a selection of tasks with excellent spread and plenty of variety. A lot of the trophies cover tasks you'd actually want to pursue anyway, and also invite you to uncover an array of secrets and easter eggs."

Edited by SnowStorm
Error
  • Like 1

Just now, SnowStorm said:

I haven't come across a trophy list yet, but one review mentioned this about the trophies, so there must be a list floating around somewhere

"A trophy list that rewards exploration and combat prowess, as well as a devotion to completing all of the game's main points of interest and various Tales. This is a selection of tasks with excellent spread and plenty of variety. A lot of the trophies cover tasks you'd actually want to pursue anyway, and also invite you to uncover an array of secrets and easter eggs."

Oh that has me incredibly excited. And for everyone else, the embargo is up so go read to your hearts content