E3 2018: Death Stranding Gameplay Trailer

Ghost

5 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Let's just agree to disagree on that. This topic is about the trailer which didn't show anything else about gameplay other than that.

Also like I said it was a joke which you don't seem to get.

Actually I have multiple MGS collections with all games so clearly I hate the guy (that's sarcasm btw). And I'm not hating on the game just hate it when people use cheap tactics, I see through that so I make fun of it, that's not hate on the game.

Look, I'm just gonna drop this cause clearly you don't know much about me throwing those accusations around and this nonsense ain't worth it to me.

Sure np :) Maybe u guys only misunderstood each other. ;)

I do agree with one thing you said in your first post, Kojima is trying very hard to build the hype in this. :giggle: I wish it could have a launch date. if it is a good hard sci-fi as it seem to be it will require a lot of food for thinking when playing the game. Small trailers can't do much, but then again, he is hidding everything. I think he wants to see all the fans theories. Meh. Nothing wrong with that, just more PR for him!! :giggle:

Still don't have any idea what this game is supposed to be besides a walking simulator. Kojima literally showed a baby's butt at the beginning of the trailer as if he's insinuating everyone can kiss his ass...and then there's that part where the dude is pulling off his toenail. YUCK. I'll be getting this game only because Kojima's reputation proceeds him and I've never actually tried one of his games, so here goes.

I still don't know WTF this is, but I get a distinct Langoliers feeling (just more, Kojima-y).  Basically I feel like he, and perhaps all the humans he interacts with in the game, are stuck in some kind of 'in-between', post death existence.  However the future exists, and has moved on from them, and they're somehow trying to unite elements of the past and future together (be it people, bodies, babies, whatever) for whatever reason, and the one thing standing in their way are these death-like apparitions/wraiths.  I of course got all this from the not very informative trailer (though fun to watch) and the exceptionally brief description at the beginning of the thread.  I'm sure there's many more layers to this game than that, but maybe that's the simplified version?  I guess we'll see somewhere down the line.

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 1

Kojima needs to fuck off with this “Ooooh, I’m so enigmatic and my games are soooooo mysterious” shit.

Show what your game is, or shut up until you can.

Not everyone drank the cool-aid in your little Metal Gear cult - the game playing public are not little children for you to wind up in anticipation with your smoke and mirrors, and those who do buy into the bullshit elicit nothing more than weary eye-rolls from everyone else.

Show what the gameplay loop is - or don’t - but please don’t think the general gaming public is naive enough not see that, during his stage of marketing, not saying much looks and feels exactly the same as having nothing to say.

I hope his sin is the former, but I suspect it is the latter.

• Like 1

I think out of everyone, MGS fans are the most cautious of trying to read too much into the trailers. Kojima has without fail from MGS2 onwards misled the audience with what the final game will be like with his marketing/trailers. It isn't that I don't want to get hype over the footage we've seen, cause yeah it looks interesting, but odds are it will not be presented like that in the game at all.

Edited by SkyMason

6 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I thought about that too. Maybe he and Lea Seydoux character are geneticaly engenired "fake" humans transporting "real" baby humans somewhere.... Threatened by some sort of Alien force.....? that is what I was thinking when I saw the "fragile" written in Lea's back. Like they are all carrying something "fragile" and very important.

It's a rather interesting situation regardless.

It's looking more and more interesting the more we see and it's literally a great cast. Made by a very good story teller. I'm behind the project 100%, unless it turns out to be some sort of third person no man's sky. :lol: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Kojima needs to fuck off with this “Ooooh, I’m so enigmatic and my games are soooooo mysterious” shit.

Show what your game is, or shut up until you can.

Not everyone drank the cool-aid in your little Metal Gear cult - the game playing public are not little children for you to wind up in anticipation with your smoke and mirrors, and those who do buy into the bullshit elicit nothing more than weary eye-rolls from everyone else.

Show what the gameplay loop is - or don’t - but please don’t think the general gaming public is naive enough not see that, during his stage of marketing, not saying much looks and feels exactly the same as having nothing to say.

I hope his sin is the former, but I suspect it is the latter.

I agree with you on this.  Any sense of interest/intrigue has been gone since he made people rewatch the trailer at that one discussion panel with that music he heard on a speaker in some shop in Iceland...

I wish the audience could have seen something that would have answered their questions.

9 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

I’m still intrigued but wish they’d shown more gameplay other than just walking around.

I think they did show off quite a bit of gameplay, and the walking is definitely a part of it. Didn't look like a walking sim by any means, but it did look like you had to walk around in these big areas looking for something, and then carry it safely home, while avoiding the "invisible" enemies. It's definitely a stealth game. It'll be fun to explore this new world and knowing Kojima, there will be a payoff in terms of a intriguing plot.

I'm gonna be joining the I-don't-understand-what-the-hell-is-going-on-but-I-have-to-admit-that-it-looks-kind-of-cool bandwagon for this game. Ever since it was announced, it has been going with all this cryptic and undecipherable stuff that probably only Kojima and his closest fans understand. Don't get me wrong, I know the guy is a genius and his work is all sorts of amazing. Haven't played any of his games but respect where respect is due. What I would like to see is a little bit more of an explanation of what this game is about. Very nice of them to include a number of elements of the gameplay in their showcase but I think they actually created more doubts instead of clearing all the ones we previously had.

One thing is sure though, either Kojima or the guys handling the marketing of this game sure are getting a lot of kicks out reading all the crazy theories and comments we post online lmao xD

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...