What is a game with under 5,000 owners that you would recommend to people?

realm722

Ruined King: A League of Legends Story

Really surprised, that this game has such low number of owners (only 1764), even though I kinda understand why. It's a really solid, well-made turn-based RPG with a decent story, phenomenal gameplay, voice acting and well-written, interesting characters whose development arcs are also pretty engaging. While I'm pretty familiar with League and it's lore, I think one does not need any prior knowledge of the main game to appreciate this little gem. For instance, if you have watched Arcane and loved it, but don't know anything about League, probably you'll be able to get into this game as well. And the platinum requires nothing too fancy either. :D Highly recommend!

• Like 1

• Creaks

• Pumpkin Jack

• Pinstripe

• Candleman

• Lost in Random

• Wandersong

• Shu

• Figment

• Iris.Fall

After looking at my list I decided to add games with less than 1000 owners that I enjoyed the most just because a few of the ones I was going to mention have already been said.

Edited by blacklight-nero

Descenders

Sub 3000 players

39 platinum achievers - 3 100% achievers

(Across NA/EU as of the time of this post)

From the creators of Action Henk, Descenders is a procedurally generated extreme downhill biking game with consequences for your mistakes. You begin a run with a limited number of lives and progress through a total of 8 different zones. As you progress you'll select different map nodes that will present their own challenges based off of 3 aspects: Steepness, Curviness, and Tricks.

The better you play, the more lives and sponsors you gain, providing benefits for your run. Each node will have an objective for you to complete (example: perform 2 double frontflips), complete this objective and you'll gain +1 life for your run. In addition the more score you gain from speed, tricks, and handling, the more sponsors you'll gain giving you bonuses (example: being able to land harder impacts). Hold on tight though, because if you crash and burn you run the risk of failure. Each crash results in lost lives, and depending on how hard you crash you can lose up to 3 lives in a single impact. Lose all your lives and your run is over.

Alongside the main gameplay aspect there are community creations and massive open bike parks where you can let loose and freestyle ride to your hearts content. Below is a random video off YouTube showing just how insane runs can go once you've started mastering the game.

Edited by Skurkitty

Wardogs: Red's Return is a fun beat em up

Lost Ember was good with a nice story

The Pathless I really enjoyed.. really cool gameplay, visuals, soundtrack and story

Iris.Fall is a short fun kinda dark little indie puzzle game

Deliver Us The Moon was good, had an interesting story

Dissection was kinda creepy but fun

Same with Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul, overall better game though

The Complex was a good Interactive Story type game, and if you've seen the show Letterkenny the actress that plays Katy is one of the main characters

Beast Quest had a couple glitches but wasn't half bad, nice little adventure game

AER: Memories of Old was pretty cool, the world is a series of floating islands and you're a shapeshifter

Through the Woods was pretty interesting, full of Norse mythology

Dragon Sinker is fun if you like old school 16bit pixelated style RPG

Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands reminds me abit of A Link to the Past on SNES, but with less content.

Those all have less then 5000 owners, a few of them I was surprised to see that they were under that mark.  I enjoyed them all though.  Hope a few of those tickle your fancy :) 

Edited by horatio_deltoro
  • Like 1

Rhythm of the gods (284) - Cute little rhythm game that has a really unique concept. A little shallow on content, but fun for what it is.

Five Dates (1,217) - FMV game that is about dating during COVID. Very interest concept and will make you brush up on your dating skills.

Rainbows, Toilets, & Unicorns (740) - A fun Shmup that meme's hard. Play for a good laugh.

Reverse Crawl (251) - Turn Based Strategy where you play a the bad guys, cute little indy game with a surprising amount of depth. Worth a play

Kotodama (2,355) - A match-3 dating sim that has a surprising amount of twists and turns. Its also fairly difficult to get the "good" ending without a guide.

Just some fun one I didn't see mentioned in the last few posts.

• Like 1

Trigger Witch without a shadow of a doubt, the game is made in the style of a 2D Zelda game but with twin stick shooter gameplay, it has some incredible music and if you're a trophy hunter the trophies are extremely easy to get if you just play the game normally with some collectable clean up at the end which isn't difficult real.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Song of Memories

A Winter's Daydream (the amount of players differs by stack)

The Language of Love

Dusk Diver

Kandagawa Jet Girls

Sagebrush

Tamiku

Omega Strike

I'm still amazed at just how few people have played these gems :(. Song of Memories and A Winter's Daydream in particular are criminally underrated VNs that can be bought dirt cheap when they go on sale (which is often) and offer a lot of replay value due the strength of the respective stories.

L3e115a.png

Windjammers 2 

Probably the most fun I’ve had on my PS5 this year. At a little over 300 players/owners on this site currently I’d even say it’s criminally underplayed.

Anyone into 2D fighting, arcade sports games or that Streets of Rage 4 aesthetic should definitely pick it up! Even if none of that’s your bag but you want something quick and fun for local/online multiplayer sessions I can’t see anybody being disappointed with this game.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 1

La45e4f.png

^^^^

This game is the closest thing Playstation has to Animal Crossing 

Everytime a town like builder trailer comes out on YouTube, everyone always comments, "Finally, Animal Crossing for Playstation". We already have it!!!

This game has under 1,000 owners (tracked), and it so comforting and enjoyable to play! This game had me coming back to play everyday, with just under 80 hours to finish the platinum. On top of that, it still receives content updates as well. 

The game itself starts off a bit slow, but everything in game expands the more you play. So the more you play, the bigger your will island will become and you'll continue to unlock plenty of things to do. This is definitely a game for someone who likes collection logs, designing, slow paced progression, and splashes of witty humor. Highly recommend!!!

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Grammar
  • Like 2

Art of rally (823 owners)

I don't understand why this gem has so few owners. The game has a very indie look (would almost call it cheap) but the car handling is absolutely top tier. For racers who like rally games this is a very great game. Do not expect anything from nice surroundings, it purely focusses on the art of handling a rally car. The handling is so precise that it requires the player to use slow trigger movement. Using flat out throttle or braking won't cut the deal. The way the car responds on certain track elements is spot-on. The game can be challenging but from a trophy perspective there is nothing hard or missable. 

There are MANY good games in that category in psvr (playstation vr / virtual reality). In fact, for psvr I can even name a few under 500 owners in this site that are very good, in my opinion.

First, I'll name one outside of VR with less than 1000 owners here that is great: Xing the Land Beyond. It's a very beautiful puzzle-adventure game on ps4. I would put it in a top 10 of puzzle-adventure games with the likes of Portal 1 and 2. Now, I will name some of my favorites that had and still have less than 200 owners in this site (note: they are VR games, which is probably why not many people got them, you need to have both a ps4 and psvr to be able to play them). They are Stardust Odyssey, Dance Collider, Fujii, Down the rabbit hole, and Chroma Gun VR. These have less than 200 owners here and I enjoyed them enough to complete them 100%. Pixel Ripped 1995 and Racket Fury were also very good and they have less than 500 owners.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 7:27 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

An updated version of my previous list:

I'd definitely recommend the following, which I consider to be some of the most underrated and underappreciated games out there:

• Livelock ( 3,656 ) . isometric twin stick shooter. Not particularly challenging, but still fun
  • Dex ( 2,579 ) - side-scrolling Action-RPG in a cyberpunk setting
  • Lost Dimension ( 719 ) - one of the best JRPGs I've played
  • Yesterday Origins ( 3,943 ) - a neat point-and-click, sort of like a more serious Broken Sword
  • Serial Cleaner ( 2,610 ) - cleaning up crime scenes, the game
  • Silence ( 2,480  ) - a really cool fantasy point-and-click
  • Jydge1,068  ) - twin stick shooter that gets increasingly difficult, but is well-balanced
  • The Solus Project ( 2,460  ) - Mystery/Sc-fi survival game (has VR)
  • Whispering Willows ( 4,765 ) - 2D Puzzle horror game
  • The Long Reach ( 2,654 ) - 2D horror point-and-click
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth ( 880 ) - VN (to be fair a bit dull in that regard), but one of the most fun tactical RPGs I've come across
  • Detention ( 807 ) - Tawanese horror game, one of the best indie horror games hands down
  • Beholder ( 1,741 ) - A sim with a really dark undertone and story
  • The Pillars of the Earth ( 2,107 ) A really solid point-and-click
  • Lost Sphear ( 4,586 ) It's beyond me how this Square Enix RPG has not found more love. It's great.
  • Forgotton Anne ( 2,620 ) - 2D puzzle platformer that is beautiful
  • Bear with Me ( 1,212 ) - A noir-esque point-and-click with some dark humour
  • Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs ( 588 ) - Tactical RPG with phenomenal voiec-acting across the board. Realy good game.
  • Rise of Insanity ( 200 ) - Solid indie horror game. Sort of a lesser Layers of Fear. A bit on the short side
  • God's Trigger ( 816 ) - A very cool top-down twin stick shooter/slasher. It's a lot of fun.
  • The Suicide of Rachel Foster ( 361 ) - It's a mystery walking sim. A bit short, but has an intersting story
  • Dead or School (1,066) - Anime Metroidvania. Meh story, fun game though.
  • Detective Gallo (1,005) - Neat point and click game that has a decent length to it
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (2,122)- Point-and-click that's pretty funny, if you like dark humor
  • Mark of the Ninja Remastered (2,273) - Metroidvania focused on stealth, has some performance issues
  • Icey (3,908) - Side-scrolling action game. It's an interesting experience
  • Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry (1,800) - Iconic point-and-click that's just a illy good time
  • Darkestville Castle (486) - Just an alround pretty good Point-and-click game
  • Home Sweet Home (1,465) - One of my favourite indie horror game
  • Paper Dolls Original (334) - A good horror game, but the controls are not optimized all that well
  • Empire of Sin (1,454) - Great X-Com-style gangster adaptation. Most of the bugs fixed, but also made the game a little more tedious.
  • Lamentum (159) - Isometric horror game, that's worth playing

Time to add some more to the list...

• The Wardrobe Even Better Edition (51) - Another fun point-and-click adventure
  • Murder Mystery Machine (125) - Neat detective game that has a deduction system similar to the older Sherlock games. Takes a bit getting used to though
  • Cyanide and Happiness: Freakpocalypse (150) - Another point-and-click with a bit South Park humor. Has a tad too much back-and-forth though
  • Phantom Breaker Omnia (349) -Pretty good fighting game
  • Mayhem Brawler (159) - The most fun beat em up I've played in a long time
Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

Shiren the Wanderer 5+ on Vita!

I played the heck out of the DS (Shiren 1) and Wii (Shiren 3) games that made it out West and I'm not sure why it took me so long to jump into 5+.

It's decently challenging (as one would expect from a rogue-like game) but that makes it so rewarding when you finally progress and start getting the hang of things! I used to play it between other titles, but I decided to just focus on it now. Not gonna lie, there's times where it made me want to hurl my Vita out a window (nothing like having your best sword and shield turned into onigiri because you got too confident. Hours of work down the drain), but it's so fun still that you just keep going back to it. Definitely a gem on the Vita (I'm aware it's on Switch as well now, but gotta work for that shiny plat)! Gorgeous pixel art and I quite enjoy the music as well. Still hoping to see the other entries in this series localized one day (I can dream).

Edited by Koppa

• 5 months later...

CrossCode (3,303 owners)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10938-crosscode

I loved the story and the combat, but be aware the dungeons in the game have several puzzles to get through for each one

L0bf947.png

Wargroove (2,116 owners)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9412-wargroove

A lot like Advance Wars but more fantasy themed, not too difficult besides 3-4 levels that have an odd difficulty spike to them

I loved doing all the puzzle challenges (a side component of the game), but if you don't, there are videos going over each one's solution

• Like 2

Afterparty: A great adventure game with some super likeable protagonists, and about them having to escape hell by outdrinking Satan (voiced by Dave Fennoy!).

Grow: Song of the Evertree: A chill little farming-ish game where you grow worlds and rebuild villages. 

Distraint: A fantastic indie horror adventure game with a unique art style. About a guy having to kick out tenants for his bosses, who starts to lose his mind from his guilt. 

Marvel's Midnight Suns: A brilliant take on the strategy genre by the guys behind XCom. Battles are surprisingly dynamic thanks to the ample use of things like knockbacks and environmental attacks, the card based gameplay works super well, and you even get your own customizable character that feels like they actually fit. Also, Stark and Strange are a delightful pair of catty bitches to each other. 

• Like 1

• Livelock ( 3,656 ) . isometric twin stick shooter. Not particularly challenging, but still fun
  • Dex ( 2,579 ) - side-scrolling Action-RPG in a cyberpunk setting
  • Lost Dimension ( 719 ) - one of the best JRPGs I've played
  • Yesterday Origins ( 3,943 ) - a neat point-and-click, sort of like a more serious Broken Sword
  • Serial Cleaner ( 2,610 ) - cleaning up crime scenes, the game
  • Silence ( 2,480  ) - a really cool fantasy point-and-click
  • Jydge1,068  ) - twin stick shooter that gets increasingly difficult, but is well-balanced
  • The Solus Project ( 2,460  ) - Mystery/Sc-fi survival game (has VR)
  • Whispering Willows ( 4,765 ) - 2D Puzzle horror game
  • The Long Reach ( 2,654 ) - 2D horror point-and-click
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth ( 880 ) - VN (to be fair a bit dull in that regard), but one of the most fun tactical RPGs I've come across
  • Detention ( 807 ) - Tawanese horror game, one of the best indie horror games hands down
  • Beholder ( 1,741 ) - A sim with a really dark undertone and story
  • The Pillars of the Earth ( 2,107 ) A really solid point-and-click
  • Lost Sphear ( 4,586 ) It's beyond me how this Square Enix RPG has not found more love. It's great.
  • Forgotton Anne ( 2,620 ) - 2D puzzle platformer that is beautiful
  • Bear with Me ( 1,212 ) - A noir-esque point-and-click with some dark humour
  • Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs ( 588 ) - Tactical RPG with phenomenal voiec-acting across the board. Realy good game.
  • Rise of Insanity ( 200 ) - Solid indie horror game. Sort of a lesser Layers of Fear. A bit on the short side
  • God's Trigger ( 816 ) - A very cool top-down twin stick shooter/slasher. It's a lot of fun.
  • The Suicide of Rachel Foster ( 361 ) - It's a mystery walking sim. A bit short, but has an intersting story
  • Dead or School (1,066) - Anime Metroidvania. Meh story, fun game though.
  • Detective Gallo (1,005) - Neat point and click game that has a decent length to it
  • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (2,122)- Point-and-click that's pretty funny, if you like dark humor
  • Mark of the Ninja Remastered (2,273) - Metroidvania focused on stealth, has some performance issues
  • Icey (3,908) - Side-scrolling action game. It's an interesting experience
  • Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry (1,800) - Iconic point-and-click that's just a illy good time
  • Darkestville Castle (486) - Just an alround pretty good Point-and-click game
  • Home Sweet Home (1,465) - One of my favourite indie horror game
  • Paper Dolls Original (334) - A good horror game, but the controls are not optimized all that well
  • Empire of Sin (1,454) - Great X-Com-style gangster adaptation. Most of the bugs fixed, but also made the game a little more tedious.
  • Lamentum (159) - Isometric horror game, that's worth playing
  • The Wardrobe Even Better Edition (51) - Another fun point-and-click adventure
  • Murder Mystery Machine (125) - Neat detective game that has a deduction system similar to the older Sherlock games. Takes a bit getting used to though
  • Cyanide and Happiness: Freakpocalypse (150) - Another point-and-click with a bit South Park humor. Has a tad too much back-and-forth though
  • Phantom Breaker Omnia (349) -Pretty good fighting game
  • Mayhem Brawler (159) - The most fun beat em up I've played in a long time

Have some more to add.

• Tower of Time (98) - CRPG with arena battles and dungeon crawling.
  • Chickn Police (2,951) - Noir-style detective point-and-click
  • Twelve Minutes (422) - Interesting time loop concept, with a fucked up story. Gets a little bit repetitive though.
  • Vampire the Masquerade Swansong (1,703) - Vampire version of The Council. It is a tad buggy regarding checkpoints.
  • Last Days of Lazarus (75) - A horror adventure game with jump scares and puzzles
  • Bright Memory Infinite (2,269) - Fun and fast-paced FPS.
  • Foregone (1,480) - Metroidvania with loot drops
  • Song of Horror (1,425) - Horror adventure with plenty of creepiness for those who pay attention. Quicktime events will take a little getting used to
  • The Beast Inside (124) - Solid horror game, with a few chase sequences, plenty collectibles and an interesting story
  • Wulverblade (461) - Another really good brawler in a viking/barbarian setting.
Edited by voodoo_eyes