Spyro 2 and Year of the Dragon not on Reignited Trilogy disc

MidnightDragon

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Censorship? You mean the machineguns changed to laser cannons? It's not a big problem... i didn't even remembers they had those weapons lol.

I don't care if you don't think it's a big problem. I think it's dumb and don't like it. Welcome to opinions.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oooooh, in that case there's nothing to complain about, even for people that are planning on getting a used copy.

But even now people can still buy PS1 games on PSN. Besides, I seriously doubt Sony would ever close the entire PSN.

So? You don't know what the future holds. If they ever get to a point where upholding those download lists prevents PSN from progressing, they'll kill it. That's why MS shut down the original Xbox Live on the OG Xbox. And along with it every single bit of DLC on there was gone forever, even for those who bought them. Because they wanted to improve Xbox Live for 360 and couldn't do so with the Xbox holding it back.

Companies don't give a shit about us. Digital purchases do not belong to us. They can rip them away at a moments notice. People are putting too much trust into corporations to "do the right thing". Which is ironic given the subject we're in where a company is selling a "retail" copy what requires digital content downloads to use more than half of the "retail" copy. Certainly worth trusting companies with our content. They never do anything bad. Nope.

• Like 3

Why are people attempting to rationalize this? It literally says on the promotional material that games 2 and 3 require a download to run. That is not a day 1 patch. Odds are it's a single use download code, I can't think of any other way to handle that. If that weren't the case, they would come out and clarify instead of letting the rumor mill run. Even they aren't that out of touch. My money's on this being an anti used games method.

Just now, Lance_87 said:

The original Xbox Live had like a very small fraction of all the content of both 360 and XB1 marketplaces combined together, though...

So? Please lend me that time machine so I can see that the 360, PS3, PSP, Vita download lists are still supported in 2060.

Otherwise you are placing blind trust in corporations who have no legal obligation to continue to do so because we have no actual rights to the content we buy digitally.

3 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Why are people attempting to rationalize this? It literally says on the promotional material that games 2 and 3 require a download to run. That is not a day 1 patch. Odds are it's a single use download code, I can't think of any other way to handle that. If that weren't the case, they would come out and clarify instead of letting the rumor mill run. Even they aren't that out of touch. My money's on this being an anti used games method.

Activision have already confirmed it's not a code but a patch.

On 3/8/2018 at 2:54 PM, Elvick_ said:

So? Please lend me that time machine so I can see that the 360, PS3, PSP, Vita download lists are still supported in 2060.

Otherwise you are placing blind trust in corporations who have no legal obligation to continue to do so because we have no actual rights to the content we buy digitally.

Sorry bud, i used it, the Islamic State conquered the world in 2044 with the help of North Korea and shut down all modern technology.

(do you always have to be an *** like that? Jeez...)

On 3/8/2018 at 2:54 PM, NamoPh said:

A download... not a patch... a download code... anti-used games method... Can't you see, This is a land of confusion...

Edited by Lance_87

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

You can still download PSP games on the PSP, from the Download List or some PC program, i don't remember, but it's totally possible. Oh and you could also use a PS3. This works for all models except the E1000 (aka PSP Street, it has no Wi-Fi)

Or I can put my physical game in the console and play. Having some convoluted way to circumvent the shut down of an online marketplace is not a valid solution in my eyes.

Also, that bs pr excuse of "a lot of other games have day 1 patches" is embarrasing. That's the kind of excuse I would use with my mom when I was a kid: "But, mom! Timmy's parents let him do that, so why can't I?!", to which she would respond: "I don't care what Timmy' parents let him do, you shouldn't do it because it's wrong".

Anyway, I wish they just delayed the physical version to put all 3 games in there. We all know if the games are not there is not because of lack of space, it's because they didn't want to start printing the physical copies.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Or I can put my physical game in the console and play. Having some convoluted way to circumvent the shut down of an online marketplace is not a valid solution in my eyes.

You can still buy PSP games from a PC, a PS3, or a Vita, or whatever. It's only the "app" inside the PSP that doesn't work anymore.

Asinine decision, poor PR move that's likely to damage the name and developer (hey, but it's Activision!). 2 and 3 are probably simply not ready to be released on set date. Developers are definitely putting in the work (that you can easily track if you so desire), it's not on them. I tend not to pre-order unless I am adamant about playing the game on release, which is incredibly rare, and this was pre-ordered. Unless this choice is reversed, not much trouble to cancel the order, wait until a heavy discount and play the digital version. Not the best solution, yet a better one than missing it entirely, but I won't stand for this in the slightest. If the situation will easily blow over and nothing is done, this decision is likely to set a very bad precedent. We already enjoy many, many incomplete games / releases every year, broken ones that require updates to function properly and all sorts of code-in-a-box disasters. Service time.

I wish they just delayed the physical version to put all 3 games in there. We all know if the games are not there is not because of lack of space, it's because they didn't want to start printing the physical copies.

Precisely what must've been done. What they did instead is in very bad taste. This is one bold official response we have:

The global launch date of Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Sept. 21; and we’re excited for fans to play all three reignited games on that day. As with most games today, downloading an update after purchase is quite common. The language on packaging and on the web is to let players know the requirements for Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

Edited by Creciente
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ahem, guys:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Spyro/comments/94h3mg/response_from_activision_support/

Says they're all on the one disc, only something about a day one patch to update things.  No official word yet though, but at least people should be putting their torches and pitchforks down about it for the time being.

Are they bipolar or something? They gave TWO DIFFERENT REPLIES AT THE SAME TIME.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ahem, guys:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Spyro/comments/94h3mg/response_from_activision_support/

Says they're all on the one disc, only something about a day one patch to update things.  No official word yet though, but at least people should be putting their torches and pitchforks down about it for the time being.

It sounds to me like the Activision Support guy was just uninformed about the situation. The official website already confirmed that the second and third game wouldn't be playable without a download, so that's what I'll choose to believe. Activision would have made a statement already if there was a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

I don't like it as it feels like having a physical copy is worthless...Dead Island: Definitive Collection is like this. The main game is on disc, but Riptide and Retro Revenge are digital downloads. 

But I won't lose sleep over it either...I'll just get it digitally. I was already waiting for a future sale anyways.

On 2018-08-04 at 10:00 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

Ahem, guys:

8KTtscB.png

No matter what they will say, I still WON’T pre-order the Trilogy physical disc UNTIL people get their hands on the disc and proof that the all three games are inside the disc and you don’t need a patch to even be able to play them. Since it’s Activision, I can’t trust anything coming out of their mouth.

If it turns out that all three games are on the disc, why would Activision even bother of confusing players with the notice on the website and packaging?!?! Was it necessary to put this note if it’s an optional Day 1 patch?

But hey, this is Activision we’re talking about! I can never trust them. For every game published by them, I always have doubts. Heck, even Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, I’m 100% sure that Activision will come out with something to screw players over. Why have From Software even made publishing agreement with Activision?!

Edited by Maxie Mouse

Yeah, seems like what the Reddit post that was saying that they're on the disc:

So really, back to square one once more with all this, which is just starting to get annoying now.  Wish they would at least confirm things or clear things up... somehow, as in, a more soundproof answer on their actual Twitter page or other verified source.

I know for others the news still sucks for things like, terrible internet or no internet at all or anything like that.

But for me, still getting the game regardless.  I mean yes, that's still, well, not that good to hear, but for me, doesn't really bother me as such.  Too excited for the game to let it bother me.

Crying childs. God damn just accept it and stop complaining. Disgusting.

What if they simply can't deliver a nearly perfect playable version of Spyro 2 and 3 before the game releases? Maybe they are worried about people which would play without patching day one and it would be bugged with Save issues or whatever? It's not like they pack the disks a week before release. And Even if it's a poor business decision, by the time you'll Finish 1 I am sure your download is done . 

@Rhevarr Crybaby? You seem not understand why people complain. We have a good reason since we all naturally expected to have all three games inside the physical disc in the first place, then a patch day one for minor fixes. It’s a remake of three old games and Activi$ion dare to screw it up, by rushing it instead of delaying it and having a proper finished product! Don’t blame the passionate developers, blame Activi$ion, this is their typical signature.

The worst in this case is that Activision don’t clear up if you need to download the games entirely or a critical patch in order to be able to play them, or you can still play all three games without the need of a patch.

What’s the point of owning a physical copy of a collection if you own only 1/3 of the promised content inside the disc and the rest is to download? When the PS4 servers or even PSN will inevitably shut down in the future, it’ll become impossible for the future players of downloading the rest of the collection, leaving them with one game. Game collectors want physical copies so they can preserve gaming history, and this is an offense to game collecting.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2018 at 9:12 AM, eigen-space said:

Preorder cancelled.

I personally have a really crappy internet connection with data caps. If a game is more than 2-3GB, then I'm not getting it digital.... which is why the majority of my digital library consists of indie games and my physical collection are all AAA titles.

Sucks that it's become almost necessary to have good city infrastructure to enjoy gaming these days with all the "digital only" or "online multiplayer required" games :(

Living in the city doesn't guarantee a good internet.

The area where I live houses Comcast, probably the worst high speed internet provider I have ever come across. Connection drops are random and happen often (usually one - two second drops), the customer service is terrible, and they nickel and dime you for everything. Every month the bills are different because Comcast just loves to put a bunch of miscellanous crap that adds up.

Sadly Comcast loves being a monopoly in a lot of areas. Currently I think they are slightly better than they were in 2010 - 2012, when they were just absolute horse shit. But it's either Comcast or Century Link, who houses very outdated service for internet that is 10 - 100 times slower than Comcast.

I know of two cities where Comcast is really the only provider. In California where my relatives live they have a choice between Comcast and AT&T U-Verse. Unfortunately AT&T is doing their best to get rid of all their landline and just stick to mobile, which suffers from reliability problems and has a very strict data cap.

Based on your post I can assume you either run your consoles on mobile internet, have a shitty backwoods DSL provider (virtually all DSL providers are shit) or have a backwards cable provider who changes your internet bill every month and oversells their service to more customers so the node is overloaded.

It sucks, and sadly our government is doing jack shit to help provide decent service to more areas. Small towns I have found have nowhere near the speed and options you get in some cities.

Edited by Spaz

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Based on your post I can assume you either run your consoles on mobile internet, have a shitty backwoods DSL provider (virtually all DSL providers are shit) or have a backwards cable provider who changes your internet bill every month and oversells their service to more customers so the node is overloaded.

It sucks, and sadly our government is doing jack shit to help provide decent service to more areas. Small towns I have found have nowhere near the speed and options you get in some cities.

Satellite, which costs about $100/mo for a 30GB soft cap @ max 25mbps downloads (rarely get that)... after the soft cap, you get throttled and lucky to get 1-2mpbs. And let's not even talk about lag due to it being satellite. We're attempting another provider that does an open-air wifi connection, which doesn't have data caps and not as much lag... but it's more expensive after the trial...and we've had inclement weather that's knocked out the towers three times in the last 2 months. 

When I lived in the city, I had options for both Cox (cable) and CenturyLink (DSL). I had both at different points in my life... never really had issues with customer service, speed, service outages, or pricing to be honest. The speed was better, we didn't have data caps that were easily reached, and the prices were at least half of what I'm paying now.

2 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Satellite, which costs about $100/mo for a 30GB soft cap @ max 25mbps downloads (rarely get that)... after the soft cap, you get throttled and lucky to get 1-2mpbs. And let's not even talk about lag due to it being satellite. We're attempting another provider that does an open-air wifi connection, which doesn't have data caps and not as much lag... but it's more expensive after the trial...and we've had inclement weather that's knocked out the towers three times in the last 2 months.

Nevada is like this. I wouldn't live anywhere other than Las Vegas or Reno.

It's fucking 2018 and these assclowns still try to convince people, especially the elderly, that their internet is "high speed internet". Bullshit.

I wouldn't call your internet "high speed" unless it's at least 100 MBPS or more.

I know satellite well, and you get an average of 1000 - 2000 ms latency. Can't do much of anything with that.

As far as an open-air wifi connection, who is supplying this to you?

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

As far as an open-air wifi connection, who is supplying this to you?

I honestly don't know the name of the company. After I complained about our internet connection so much, my husband found this provider. It's better than satellite, though I'm tentative about it considering that it costs more and it's had so many outages this summer (and it's taken over 6 hours to fix it each time).