Gaming By Numbers (Done!)

Participation  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate?

Well, if someone is really nuts and needs a suggestion for a #4 without a plat, I could suggest Zuma.

It's not on my list because the last trophy keeps defeating me.  You have to beat a level in 8 seconds or less, my best time is 9 seconds.

For a few less insane suggestions, here's some from my completed:

Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 2

Back to the Future Episode 3

Sparkle 2 (Vita) this one is also cross buy so you get the PS3 and PS4 versions which have separate trophy lists

Sam and Max The Devil's Playhouse Episode 4

Just finished up another game. Shutshimi was a game I started up over 2 years ago when it was a PS+ game. Was playing it with some friends over the weekend and actually beat the game and boss rush so I got those trophies. The last ones I needed were ones for getting hats so it was completely random. I'm glad to finally put this game to rest.

4. Monster High New Ghoul In School (4054)

7. Shutshumi (3797)

• Like 1

@Han_the_Dragon Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2 is a short one for #4 if you're still looking and haven't already finished those games.

And an update for me. I got Syberia finished this evening, and then was sad to learn that Syberia II is also a #1 game (lame). So, back to InFamous maybe...

0:

1: (3071) Syberia

2:

3:

4: (514) Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I’d like to sign up.

i just finished The Inpatient today which is a 2.

is it cool to just update as I do each number instead of commit to a list right now?

Yeah, no list is needed for this!

I'm currently working on Freedom Wars. I tried playing it 3 years ago, but it plays a lot better on Vita compared to PSTV. 

I'm almost done with Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus. I only have three trophies to earn: One for beating the game in challenge mode(I've cleared the last planet so all I have to do is fight the final boss), upgrade all of my weapons to Level 6(I have only the Omegas for Netherbeasts and RYNO7 Extreme to purchase which will set me back 1.48 million bolts) and scare every enemy with the Nightmare Box. I am sure I have scared every missable enemy, but if I missed the Gargathorn, it's time for a second challenge mode run! :(

Well here's my list, hopefully I can finish this games before the year ends. Most of them are completely new,
0 - Trine 2: Complete Story
1 - Dark Cloud
2 - Assassin's Creed II
3 - Valiant Hearts
4 - God of War III Remastered
5 - Metro Last Light Redux
6 - Beyond: Two Souls
7 - Little Nightmares
8 - Child of Light
9 - The Talos Principle

Edited by piualan90
  • Like 1

@ladynadiad and @Dinkus83 Thanks for the suggestions!

I actually didn't wanted to do Tales of Monkey Island because I would play the full series and I'm already using Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space for a lot of numbers (+ Tales of Monkey Island is 15€, and I don't want to pay that much for it..). Still, I add it to my sales watch list. 

As for some of the other suggestions, I already played them or don't think that I would have enough time for it (Sparkle 2..).

Still problem solved, with Toren (that actually was already in my backlog..). 

I've started all of my games and popped at least one trophy in each. I'm committed now that they are all in my trophy list on my profile. If all goes well, I'm pretty sure I can complete them all before the end of the event. I've already checked off the two quick ones. Slime Rancher also is close. I just have one more trophy left for doing rush mode. I think I'll finally try to do that one this weekend. It will probably take a few attempts because its been a while since I played it last. During the week, I think I will work on my second playthrough of Persona 5. My first one was 90 hours, but its going much quicker now that I can skip cut scenes and most of the dialogue because I've seen it before. I'm hoping the second playthrough is more like 30 hours. I'll be aiming to have that platinum by next weekend. If I can have four of these done in October, I'll be quite pleased.

0. Fat Princess Adventures - in progress

1. Gone Home - ☑️

2. Unravel - just started

3. God of War - in progess

4. Mafia 3 - just started

5. Far Cry Primal - just started

6. Day of the Tentacle -  ☑️

7. Persona 5 - wrapping up

8. Uncharted: Lost Legacy - just started

9. Slime Rancher - wrapping up

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

@BigHonkingOne Let me know how you do on Uncharted - I'm getting ready to jump in and see how the game is.

Will do. My initial impression is pretty good. I'm trying to play crushing difficulty right off of the bat. I struggled with the first large combat scenario in the game (towards the end of chapter 3) and died several times. I eventually figured out a viable strategy and made it through it. 

• Like 1

Well, my PS3 is now complete junk now, after I got an error which locks me out of the network so I can't sync my PS3 trophies anymore so playing PS3 games is a pile of big stinky manure. (I checked the error and it said that I got the error because my router has been banned by PSN due to it being used to attack them. I have an old Motorola and when my dad finds out that it must be replaced to do any good, he'll have me off of these web sites in a flash forever. I hope this is a temporary ban and will be lifted soon because I spent $100 on my PS3 and the fact some sleazy hacker ruined my gaming career for a hate crime really grinds my gears! ?)

So I am going to have to swap out a couple of games. I am swapping out Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (since I will have to wait until at least next month so I can sign up to PS Now and speedrun through that game twice to get the remaining three trophies) and I am swapping out Shantae and the Pirate's Curse due to my desire to hold off on the final speedrun for a month or so so I can focus on the games on this list. Don't know what I will swap in yet.

42 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, my PS3 is now complete junk now, after I got an error which locks me out of the network so I can't sync my PS3 trophies anymore so playing PS3 games is a pile of big stinky manure. (I checked the error and it said that I got the error because my router has been banned by PSN due to it being used to attack them. I have an old Motorola and when my dad finds out that it must be replaced to do any good, he'll have me off of these web sites in a flash forever. I hope this is a temporary ban and will be lifted soon because I spent $100 on my PS3 and the fact some sleazy hacker ruined my gaming career for a hate crime really grinds my gears! 1f621.png)

Sneak up to the router in the middle of the night and pour a cup of water over it and then the next day you'r dad will think it's died on it's own and replace it!

Problem solved! Your victory is assured and your gaming career can continue unchecked. :D

1 minute ago, BigHonkingOne said:

Sneak up to the router in the middle of the night and pour a cup of water over it and then the next day your dad will think it's died on it's own and replace it!

Problem solved! Your victory is assured and your gaming career can continue unchecked. :D

Thanks but I think I am okay now. Won't replace Into the Nexus after all. Anyways, my dad would never believe me if I did something nefarious like that. xD

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, my PS3 is now complete junk now, after I got an error which locks me out of the network so I can't sync my PS3 trophies anymore so playing PS3 games is a pile of big stinky manure. (I checked the error and it said that I got the error because my router has been banned by PSN due to it being used to attack them. I have an old Motorola and when my dad finds out that it must be replaced to do any good, he'll have me off of these web sites in a flash forever. I hope this is a temporary ban and will be lifted soon because I spent $100 on my PS3 and the fact some sleazy hacker ruined my gaming career for a hate crime really grinds my gears! 1f621.png)

So I am going to have to swap out a couple of games. I am swapping out Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (since I will have to wait until at least next month so I can sign up to PS Now and speedrun through that game twice to get the remaining three trophies) and I am swapping out Shantae and the Pirate's Curse due to my desire to hold off on the final speedrun for a month or so so I can focus on the games on this list. Don't know what I will swap in yet.

Does your router change your IP address? If so you might have gotten one that was banned. The next time you get another IP address you should be good again.

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, my PS3 is now complete junk now, after I got an error which locks me out of the network so I can't sync my PS3 trophies anymore so playing PS3 games is a pile of big stinky manure. 

.......huh my ps3 wont let me sign in psn either 

WAIT WAIT NVM

PSN IS DOWN

Edited by shadowhood1111

Well that was a fun ride, got all my games completed! I was opting to get all the telltales games outta the way (r.i.p) and most of the arcade games i had in my backlog. Either way was a fun event and thanks for @eigen-space for hosting it.

Here was my list that i done:

0. squareboy vs bullies :platinum:

1. tetra's escape :platinum:

2. donut county (fun game) :platinum:

3. black the fall :platinum:

4. devious dungeon :platinum:

5. jack n' jill dx :platinum:

6. guardians of the galaxy (snoozefest) :platinum:

7. the wolf among us :platinum:

8. perils of baking :platinum:

9. dead synchronicity :platinum:

Definitely looking for more events in the future and this time with AAA titles lol.

Edited by dunbay
  • Like 2