Gaming By Numbers (Done!)

Participation  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate?

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Looks like I found a 2 and 4 via the sale of the dead.  Not sure if I'll have enough time for one of them that is about 30 hours according to the trophy guide but it looks genuinely fun.  I grabbed Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes for 4 though.   My 2 is going to be Nights of Azure unless I find some other amazing potential from a upcoming sale.

But also still holding out for the trophy list for the Castlevania game coming out this week since I have that preordered too.  My luck is that either it will be something already filled or the list will be insane because I'm still saying I suck at Castlevania games even if supposedly me beating Portrait of Ruin says otherwise.

I expect Castlevania to be a hard platinum, maybe 6% completion rate. Doable but hard. The xbox list for SOTN was not especially hard but you did have to get all 200.6%, beat the game as Belmont and kill Dracula in the prologue without taking a hit. The rest were simple enough. Some ideas for other trophies would be to beat the game as the other secret character. I belive it was the axeknight enemy. There are also four differant possible endings depending on how you fight Richter in the first castle and how much of both castles are explored before beating Dracula.

29 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I expect Castlevania to be a hard platinum, maybe 6% completion rate. Doable but hard. The xbox list for SOTN was not especially hard but you did have to get all 200.6%, beat the game as Belmont and kill Dracula in the prologue without taking a hit. The rest were simple enough. Some ideas for other trophies would be to beat the game as the other secret character. I belive it was the axeknight enemy. There are also four differant possible endings depending on how you fight Richter in the first castle and how much of both castles are explored before beating Dracula.

Yeah, that's what I mean by an insane plat.  I definitely didn't 100% Portrait of Ruin and I'm still shocked I even beat the game.  But I'll try and likely die many times.  Of course I'm told SOTN is easier than Portrait of Ruin.  I admit, I'm unsure how true that is since it came from the same friend who told me Portrait of Ruin is a great game to try and get back into the series with and forgot to mention it's insanely hard.  I'm sure that recommendation came because said friend knew I liked the protag for Portrait of Ruin.

13 hours ago, Bos10George said:

Wow, people are really moving on this one. I just completed 1/10 so far. This thing ends December 31st right?

Yeah, its running for a couple months still. Some people just like to get a head start I guess. Or, like me, have quite a few quick, easy, or already mostly finished games sitting on the backlog ;) Speaking of... my #7 fits all 3 of those criteria lol. Another backlog game bites the dust; halfway done with the numbers now :D

0 - (4210) Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

1 - (3071) Syberia

2 -

3 -

4 - (514) Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2

5 - (515) Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 3

6 -

7 - (137) Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

8 -

9 -

8 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

Yeah, its running for a couple months still. Some people just like to get a head start I guess. Or, like me, have quite a few quick, easy, or already mostly finished games sitting on the backlog ;) 

Yeah. I have a couple that I plan on using if time runs out. I just figured with a month and a half I would hit some bigger plats in my backlog, really get the most out of it. All good as long as we are popping trophies though.

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

Pretty sure you just have to complete any game with that number. Dont much matter which one you may have put up as your list. I know Ive changed my games a few times on the fly already.

I kind of assisted with planning this event; although I'm not responsible for anything beyond making badges at the end. I thought I could clarify a point. As Gruffiiti mentioned, you can just change up your list on the fly. You don't need to consult with anyone, provide a list, or anything like that. You can essentially change your mind right up to the final deadline. @eigen-space is simply going to check your profile for the time period and look at each game you completed. Using that information, she will make a very binary decision on if you completed a game with a specific number in the ID or not. There's really no wiggle room at all. You either did or you did not.

It may sound kind of rigid, but it also allows for some flexibility. I started Life is Strange because I wanted to play something kind of chill for a night. I got sucked into the story and finished the platinum. Although Life is Strange was not on the list of my choices at the beginning of the event, it is completed; and it is within the time frame. Therefore my #3 is completed. My original plan was to finish off the new God of War game as my #3. As far as this event goes, it no longer benefits me to spend any time on God of War. 

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 4

Okay, new update...

0:

1:

2: (1552) Sound Shapes PS3 :platinum:

3:

4: (1254) Soul Calibur V :platinum:

5:

6: (3176) Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom :platinum:

7:

8:

9: (1699)  Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale PS3 :platinum:

Probably slow for the next one as well.  Hopefully I'll get one more done before the end of the month and the start of the next KYC.

• Like 1

Just finished up Freedom Wars tonight! It's been my favorite PS+ game and it's the best Vita exclusive I've played so far. 

4. Marooners (7204) :platinum:

5. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita) [1735] :platinum:

6. Freedom Wars (3006) :platinum:

8. Overcooked (5128) complete-icon.png

9. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (5789) :platinum:

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 2:06 PM, BigHonkingOne said:

I kind of assisted with planning this event; although I'm not responsible for anything beyond making badges at the end. I thought I could clarify a point. As Gruffiiti mentioned, you can just change up your list on the fly. You don't need to consult with anyone, provide a list, or anything like that. You can essentially change your mind right up to the final deadline. @eigen-space is simply going to check your profile for the time period and look at each game you completed. Using that information, she will make a very binary decision on if you completed a game with a specific number in the ID or not. There's really no wiggle room at all. You either did or you did not.

That's pretty cool, glad we can change on the fly.  That being said, I can update with my first finish.

(0) -
 (1) -
 (2) -
 (3) -
 (4) -
 (5) -
 (6) -
 (7) -
 (8) -
 (9) - Embers of Mirrim

• Like 1

13th was the start date? I was thinking 15, for some reason. :/ In that case, I've already hit the minimum amount needed, though I wasn't even paying attention to their numbers. Don't know what November will be like with KYC going on, and my somewhat extreme list. :lol: But maybe I'll get more in December.

1. (1281) Twisted Metal

3. (5963) Drawn to Death

7. (2647) PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

8. (4838) Neon Chrome

Edited by DamagingRob

0) 7960-word-search-by-powgi
1) 611-megamind

2) 7232-midnight-deluxe

3) 7853-super-destronaut-dx

4) 3304-grim-fandango-remastered

5) 8075-jack-n-jill-dx

6)

7) 7507-inksplosion

8) 5308-the-bunker

9)

Managed to revive my Vita yesterday so finished off my 0 number this morning. unfortunately 6 and 9 will have to wait until after Red Dead now. Either way In the short time ive had I feel I have made decent progress on this challenge, for now I ill radio silent (no updates) until late Nov early December so until then, cya round, good luck and happy huntin'.

• Like 1

One down, nine to go.

0: Code:Realise - Future Blessings https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6880

1: Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts (Vita) (IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>2 イグニッション・ハーツ)  https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2461  :platinum: 
2: JUSTY×NASTY ~魔王はじめました~ https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3462 -OR-
    Punch Line (Vita - EU) https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8072-punchline

3: Robotics;Note (Vita - JP) https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2693
4: 鯨神のティアスティラ (Kujiragami no Tearstilla)  https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5134
5: Mr Massagy https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6015-mr-massagy
6: BITTER SMILE https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2296
7: CHAOS;CHILD らぶCHU☆CHU!! https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5997
8: Bad Apple Wars https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6728
9: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5789

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

13th was the start date? I was thinking 15, for some reason. :/ In that case, I've already hit the minimum amount needed, though I wasn't even paying attention to their numbers. Don't know what November will be like with KYC going on, and my somewhat extreme list. :lol: But maybe I'll get more in December.

Eigen-space said the 15th initially, but switched to the 13th so people could have an extra weekend.

2 hours ago, jninja79 said:

Managed to revive my Vita yesterday so finished off my 0 number this morning. unfortunately 6 and 9 will have to wait until after Red Dead now. Either way In the short time ive had I feel I have made decent progress on this challenge, for now I ill radio silent (no updates) until late Nov early December so until then, cya round, good luck and happy huntin'.

Hope you enjoy Red Dead! 

• Like 1

If it's not too late, I'd love to be apart of this. I've even been able to get two games without even knowing about it.

1. Life is Strange: Before the Storm(6501)
2. Assassin's Creed Origins (6792)
3. Tomb Raider: Underworld (73)
4. Grim Fandango Remastered (3304)

6. FEZ (2506)
7. Sonic Mania (6477) ☑️
8. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (5748)
9. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (5749:platinum:

Edited by ZachGM91
  • Like 1