Gaming By Numbers (Done!)

Participation  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate?

Things haven't been according to plan, but I've been checking off games here and there. @gruffiiti and I need to get back to Fat Princess Adventures again. We were co-oping it a while back but got distracted by other games like Bloodborne and Monster Hunter World. I started Unravel and was kind of meh about it. I hope it gets better. I only played a single stage though so I haven't given it much of a chance yet. Mafia 3's intro stuff  was pretty good. Looking forward to getting into the main content of the game. I keep hoping I can find a sale on the DLC so I can 100% it without having to go back to it later. I think I might just buy it. However, it's kind of galling to me when the DLC is more expensive than the base game. Slime Rancher is still on my incomplete list. I just can't seem to want to play it in rush mode. I boot it up and then just log out after a couple of minutes because I'm not feeling it. Might need to pick a new number 9 and revisit Slime Rancher way off in the future. 

4120 - Fat Princess Adventures - 25%

3291 - The Order: 1886 - 100%

4322 - Unravel - 1%

3313 - Life is Strange (PS4) - 100%

5304 - Mafia III - 2%

3965 - Goosebumps: The Game - 100%

4456 - Day of the Tentacle Remastered - 100%

6007 - Persona 5 - 100%

5308 - The Bunker - 100%

8049 - Slime Rancher  - 91%

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 2

Hello, Everyone! I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I posted. ? 

My 1,200 hour internship has been kicking my butt, and I haven't had as much time to devote to gaming as I initially planned, so the progress on my initial list has been incredibly slow, and I've found that I've had to change out some of the original RPGs I had on there. But, the good news is that I finally have a game on the board! I managed to finish Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure today, which will become my new number 4 in place of Trails of Cold Steel. I typically enjoy puzzle games, but the puzzles on Phil's Epic Adventure were a slog to get through. I can't say that I will look forward to doing the PS4 version in the near future - if at all. The game is way too much of a monotonous time suck, as I found myself spending 3-4 hours on many of the bigger puzzles in the game.  

My current list of games for this event is below:

0 - Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP (Vita)

1 - Resonance of Fate (PS3)

2 - Tales of Xillia (PS3)

3 - Hakuoki Edo Blossoms (Vita)

4 - Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (Vita) - :platinum: on 11/20/18

5 - Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale (Vita)

6 - Collar X Malice (Vita)

7 - The Walking Dead (PS3)

8 - Dark Cloud 2 (PS4)

9 - IA/VT Colorful or Senan Kagura Bon Appetit (Vita)

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 2

I finally have another update. After like 100+ hours in Assassin's Creed Odyssey I have finally finished it! Part of what took so long was that I couldn't help myself from going to all of the ?'s early in the game, which, unlike with Origins, isn't neccessary for the Platinum. Oops. Ah well. Thankfully the next few games I have planned are relatively shorter/easier so hopefuly I'll get more games knocked out for this event in the next few weeks!

4. Sf3c83a.png Assassin's Creed III Liberation (1704) :platinum:

0. Sacc62e.png Assassin's Creed Odyssey (8260) :platinum:

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 1

Closer to completion...

0:

1: (8371) Word Sudoku by POWGI (Vita) :platinum:

2: (1552) Sound Shapes (PS3) :platinum:

3: (6053) Full Throttle Remastered  :platinum:

4: (1254) Soul Calibur V :platinum:

5:

6: (3176) Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (Vita) :platinum:

7: (6547) Obduction :platinum:

8:

9: (1699)  Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) :platinum:

Slowly but surely making my way there...

I think I finished Happy Dungeons a few days ago, but was pretty busy so I never updated it. Only 2 more numbers to go!!

0. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS3) [1250] :platinum:

2. Hue (5222) complete-icon.png

4. Marooners (7204) :platinum:

5. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita) [1735] :platinum:

6. Freedom Wars (3006) :platinum:

7. Happy Dungeons (6597) complete-icon.png

8. Overcooked (5128) complete-icon.png

9. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (5789) :platinum:

0 - Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits :platinum:

1 - Word Sudoku by POWGI (NA Vita stack) :platinum:

2 -

3 - Doodle God  (NA Vita stack) ?

4 -

5 - King's Quest ?

6 -

7 - Undertale :platinum:

8 -

9 - Asdivine Hearts ?

Finished Doodle God and now only have 4 left.  Working on Knight Solitaire for 4 and Doodle Kingdom will be a 2,

9 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Sucks as in it's not fun or sucks as in hard to get 100%?  I'm really in need of a shorter than 30+ hours game for 2.

It's a long bs boring grind because of a mode that it that isn't in the other games.. And that's RNG related too, I think it's the trophy for killing 30 bosses.

I forgot how long it actually took me, but probably 10 hours. 

I'm doing Garou for #2, it should be short and not that hard from what I saw. There's also an ongoing boost session for next Saturday for it. It's on sale on EU too (5€).

Edit: was on sale 2 days ago... Not anymore.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

9 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Sucks as in it's not fun or sucks as in hard to get 100%?  I'm really in need of a shorter than 30+ hours game for 2.

It's tedious. They have the same sort of system as in Doodle God, but they also have this really stupid thing called "My Hero Mode", which will take the bulk of your time and is REALLY repetitive/tedious and will take at least 5 hours... I'm on 8 hours trying to get just the last trophy and I'm only about halfway there. I'd strongly suggest looking at a video of the "gameplay" to see if you want to spend your time on it.

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Donut County or Midnight Deluxe have been completed by others... they look super quick.

i did unravel and it doesn’t take that long either. 

Edited by gruffiiti

On 11/19/2018 at 1:03 PM, eigen-space said:

Super congrats on this one! I'm so interested in this game but those Babel and Rapunzel trophies are intimidating.

Thanks! It was definitely one of the more challenging games I've played, which isn't necessarily a good thing for it. I didn't love the story or characters and found myself very frustrated several times while playing. Having said all that...it is in my top 5 most satisfying platinums I've ever gotten due to the struggle. Babel is a bitch, but the Rapunzel ones aren't as bad since there isn't a timer and they are set boards so you can develop a strategy (or watch a guide) and get through them. The hardest part of Rapunzel is that there is 128 of them. It is doable but the struggle is real!

I finished up Chaos on Deponia last night which satisfies my 4 game. Next on the docket is Spider-Man! Happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating tomorrow!

0: (6490) Burly Men at Sea

1: (781) Catherine

2:

3: (8143) Marvel's Spiderman

4: (6964) Chaos on Deponia

5:

6: (8366) Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood

7: (3087) The Wolf Among Us

8:

9:

Edited by Briste

25 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Donut County or Midnight Deluxe have been completed by others... they look super quick.

i did unravel and it doesn’t take that long either. 

Not into platformers and Donut Country is $12.99.  If I'm going to buy something else for 2, then I may as well grab Gem Smashers which is $5 and someone else here completed that one pretty easily too?  I just was going for Doodle Kingdom since I grabbed that 21 game pack for Vita and it's in there and that's the only 2 I saw of those games.

Garou definitely would be a no go.  I prefer to avoid games that require MP and I'm awful at fighting games. 

Honestly, I don't mind obnoxious RNG and a grind.  10 hours is nothing compared to Sorcery Saga, Exist Archive, Final Fantasy XIII and Danganronpa V3.  And lets not even get started on annoying grinds I've done on Steam.

8 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Donut County is one of my top three games of the year. Play it. Is so so good. The game is itself fun, but the vibe, the art, the music, the aesthetic, it’s amazing.

If he doesn't want to plop down $13 for it, nothing will convince him to buy it. Trust me, some people don't have deep pockets and with the holiday sales coming up(Black Friday, Cyber Monday), people are probably saving their $$$ for better deals.

And I know about Sorcery Saga. Should have sent it back to GameFly the instant it came in the mail but I was curious... and then I saw the 256 floor bonus dungeon you MUST complete for some trophies. :(

11 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Not into platformers and Donut Country is $12.99.  If I'm going to buy something else for 2, then I may as well grab Gem Smashers which is $5 and someone else here completed that one pretty easily too?  I just was going for Doodle Kingdom since I grabbed that 21 game pack for Vita and it's in there and that's the only 2 I saw of those games.

Garou definitely would be a no go.  I prefer to avoid games that require MP and I'm awful at fighting games. 

Honestly, I don't mind obnoxious RNG and a grind.  10 hours is nothing compared to Sorcery Saga, Exist Archive, Final Fantasy XIII and Danganronpa V3.  And lets not even get started on annoying grinds I've done on Steam.

I agree with everyone else who has been saying that the RNG grind for bosses in Doodle Kingdom can be boring and a huge pain in the butt, however, just to play devil's advocate, if you do decide to go for it, the grid allows for some great multi-tasking opportunities, and doesn't have to be as bad as you think. If you consistently choose for your "hero" to complete enemy-based killing goals, stock up on health and energy potions, you can have your hero run and he will only stop when he comes to a true boss (which you need for the trophy). This is because the bosses require timing on your part and multiple hits to be killed. So, you can actually set your Vita down and do other things, and just check on your progress every half-hour or so. 

For me, it took roughly 8-10 hours to get all the bosses I needed for the trophy, but because I was able to also spend that time playing a PS4 game, doing household chores, or doing work-related professional development, it wasn't as bad as I was initially anticipating. Ultimately though, regardless of what anyone else says, the final choice is yours. ?

I keep forgetting to come back here and update >_<

Anyway, I've done a few so far and have plans for all but #2 - gonna go stalk through this thread to get ideas, but I've checked so many games from my backlog and I can't find a single #2 xD So I might need to end up purchasing one...

Anyway here's my list (it's different from the one in the spreadsheet because the spreadsheet has games I did first, whereas this list is just games I want on my personal list that doesn't matter at all - links where the game is complete):

0 - Poi

1 - Final Fantasy XV (EU)

2 - ?

3 - Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

4 - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

5 - Spyro the Dragon

6 - Hollow Knight

7 - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

8 - Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

9 - Transistor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

If he doesn't want to plop down $13 for it, nothing will convince him to buy it. Trust me, some people don't have deep pockets and with the holiday sales coming up(Black Friday, Cyber Monday), people are probably saving their $$$ for better deals.

And I know about Sorcery Saga. Should have sent it back to GameFly the instant it came in the mail but I was curious... and then I saw the 256 floor bonus dungeon you MUST complete for some trophies. :(

Oh, it's not so much the lack of deep pockets.  I just am not going to pay that sort of money for a game I know little about and probably won't be very long.  Also, it looked like the sort of game I'd actually prefer to play on PC over PSN (like Artifex Mundi games), so it would at minimum be something to look into more before buying.  I don't mind buying a new game, but like I said if I was going to Gem Smashers looks like a more ideal choice for being less and also still easy,.

@InfinateEternity - see that sort of grind I don't mind one bit.  I could go play some more Sen 4 while I play then.  Honestly it sounds a bit like some of those clicker games on PC where you mostly let them idle and then check back every now and then and interact with it to spend points or whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Oh, it's not so much the lack of deep pockets.  I just am not going to pay that sort of money for a game I know little about and probably won't be very long.  Also, it looked like the sort of game I'd actually prefer to play on PC over PSN (like Artifex Mundi games), so it would at minimum be something to look into more before buying.  I don't mind buying a new game, but like I said if I was going to Gem Smashers looks like a more ideal choice for being less and also still easy,.

@InfinateEternity - see that sort of grind I don't mind one bit.  I could go play some more Sen 4 while I play then.  Honestly it sounds a bit like some of those clicker games on PC where you mostly let them idle and then check back every now and then and interact with it to spend points or whatever.

Donut County is $5 on iPhone and comes with a free imessenger sticker. If you just wanna play it, try it out.

I will never stop gushing about this game.

And another game has been added to the board! This time, I completed Word Sudoku by POWGI which will end up replacing Resonance of Fate (PS3). Hopefully, that will be the last RPG I switch out, as I want to keep the majority of my list intact. In terms of the actual game though, I feel there's not much to say. Creating Sudoku puzzles based on words was a crafty little idea, but the ability to switch the input back to numbers kind of made the "Word" aspect of the game seem unnecessary. Other than that, this game was a nice, refreshing cake walk compared to Phil's Epic Adventure, and with a solution guide in hand, you could easily plat this in under 2 hours with minimal effort. 

My updated list of games for this event is below:

0 - Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP (Vita)

1 - Word Sudoku by POWGI (Vita) - :platinum: on 11/22/18

2 - Tales of Xillia (PS3)

3 - Hakuoki Edo Blossoms (Vita)

4 - Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (Vita) - :platinum: on 11/20/18

5 - Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale (Vita)

6 - Collar X Malice (Vita)

7 - The Walking Dead (PS3)

8 - Dark Cloud 2 (PS4)

9 - IA/VT Colorful or Senan Kagura Bon Appetit (Vita)

12 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

For me, it took roughly 8-10 hours to get all the bosses I needed for the trophy

I must be having the worst luck then. I've literally been running this all day (12+ hours), checking every 30 minutes or so. I've run into a total of 5 bosses in that time...