Choose Your Game Of The Year!

unsalsrtprk

6 hours ago, Veris-Luna said:

I'm torn between God of War and Red Dead.  Red dead looks beautiful and is extremely deep.  God of war story was really amazing.  Only thing I don't like about god of war is the Valkyrie Queen fight, which I still have not beaten yet.  I think God of War should win it though.  Red Dead isn't truly complete until Red Dead Online starts, and when that does then It should be given the chance to run against next years games.

Here is a video I made of the Valkyrie Queen fight, I hope it helps you. I empathize, she can be a real b!+ch.?

• Like 1

I cannot decide between Celeste, Dead Cells, Minit, or Moonlighter. They’ve taken up all my time this year and mean a lot to me for different reasons.

On the AAA side I bought Ni No Kuni II, Sea of Thieves, Monster Hunter World, Kirby Star Allies, and the remake of Shadow of the Colossus ... and haven’t played any amount of them. Oh well, one day.

It was so close to being Red Dead for me, but Rockstar really shot themselves in the foot too often with this one between the overly sensitive Wanted system as well as some other minor things that went a bit too realistic that impacted the enjoyment of a video game and without spoiling anything just about everything about Chapter 5, so even though Marvel's Spider-man has less replay value as I'm feeling with these DLCs, I still experienced less flaws with Marvel's Spider-man that makes it my game of the year.

• Like 1

Clearly "Red Dead Redemption 2"

Of corsse there where many other fantastic games… but this year Rockstar flashes me a lot with this masterpiece of gaming…..not a fan of the whole Rockstar comüany but they did their Job well done!

MINIT was the most creative game this year, it innovated gameplay trends in fresh and addictive new ways that no other company would dare try.

It's most likely also the game I enjoyed overall the most. Definitely greatest pick I can recommend and treat yourself to play it without a guide, it's a bit solving involved and you shouldn't let someone hold your hand instead of getting a more enjoyable experience.

I haven't put many hours into some of the big "Triple A" stuff this year so can't really put a score or thought on something I've spent less then 10 hours on.

My Game of the Year content has not been on PS4 this time around.

I'm anxious to see however if Starlink still holds up after I breach that 140 hour mark on Switch.

I have a hard time answering threads like this because I won't play the bulk of 2018s games until next year. Only 2018 games I've played are God of War and Spider-Man...and just bought AC Odyssey. Both games were great, but Spider-Man takes it for me. 

EDIT: I played Far Cry 5 as well...but that barely even competes with GoW or Spider-Man.

Edited by Viper

8 hours ago, Viper said:

I have a hard time answering threads like this because I won't play the bulk of 2018s games until next year. Only 2018 games I've played are God of War and Spider-Man...and just bought AC Odyssey. Both games were great, but Spider-Man takes it for me. 

Marvel's Spider-Man was cool. But it felt a little bit short. 

9 hours ago, Miriam said:

Clearly "Red Dead Redemption 2"

Of corsse there where many other fantastic games… but this year Rockstar flashes me a lot with this masterpiece of gaming…..not a fan of the whole Rockstar comüany but they did their Job well done!

Well, They were working on RDR 2 for 8 years. It must be ''masterpiece'' :D of course. 

12 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Here is a video I made of the Valkyrie Queen fight, I hope it helps you. I empathize, she can be a real b!+ch.1f623.png

This maam! She's master of combat. But not much hard to beat her.