Hardest Platinum?

Easiest hands down: My Name is Mayo/Episodic games from Telltale

Hardest : FFXIV (now it's very easy because you can just solo the entire series of Binding Coil raids and get the trophy in minutes, whereas I cleared the raid when it was still hard and required all 8 people in the party to not only know the mechanics of the fights but also for each member to be a competent player in terms of job usage). Kinda wish FFXIV gave trophies for each expansion since I've cleared pretty much everything in this game apart from Ultimates and it would have been nice to have trophies to show for those accomplishments apart from the existing in-game achievement system.

Red Dead Redemption 2, Monster Hunter World & Monster Hunter Iceborne were also hard for me, but more in terms of luck/RNG screwing me over costing me hours upon hours of pointless grinding.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 4

Haven't plat many super hard games yet, as I have so many to play yet that I usually go to another game if the remaining trophies will take too long and save for when I don't have too many games piled up. Just looked at the most rare trophies on my list and the first platinum to pop is Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) with a 2.52%, but I know this % can't relate to it's difficulty as it's too low and don't remember it being too hard, did the hard score attack on PS2 as well as I did on the PS3, and will do once I play again the PS4 one since I love their games.

One of my aims would be Ninja Gaiden ones as I love these, when I finish a pile of games I haven't even played yet and are waiting on my shelves. As for easiest would be any VN. Last one I played and Platinum was Death Mark, got my attention since they announced the japanese release as I'm always checking new things on VNDB and for some reason I missed the localization, I never thought it would make it outside Japan for some reason. Enjoyed so much playing it, I always started at midnight until 5-6AM as I tend to do this with all horror games, for this one was especially funny as the game itself is divided by days and the investigation starts at night and has to be done before sunrise, so I was really immersed while playing it.

Hardest: Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)

Easiest: Death Mark

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 3

Easiest: Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (PS3)
3 choices in the beginning 5 minutes, which doesn't have influence to the trophies and then skipping text for about 1 hour.
Enter Album & Chapter Menu and the platinum is unlocked.

Hardest: World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars
Terrible Handling of the cars, it's easy to oversteer which ends in spinning the car and restarting the race.
The opponents are really tough to beat, especially in duel mode.

Easiest: Telltale's Batman games, mainly replayed them because of the new black and white mode and really enjoyed it.

Hardest: Darkest Dungeon, I stand by the decision of going for the platinum but it definitely took a toll. I could only think about dungeons and eldritch horrors for three weeks untill it was completed but it was a one of a kind experience. That is off course untill, the horror returns in Darkest Dungeon 2.

• Like 2

My easiest is probably gonna be Telltale's The Walking Dead, or Life is Strange. 

My hardest is kinda difficult because I technically don't have the platinum due to the fact that I played it on PS3 and not PS4. So for me it's Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories. Beat it on proud, went through a month's worth of daily grinding, etc. But on the PS3 version the difficulty trophies dont stack, so I have to play the game again for each difficulty option beneath the hardest one. This is fine, but Ive yet to feel the energy to play through it all again. If I had played it on PS4 I would have unlocked the platinum many many years ago. But officially I would say its Wolfenstein.

• Like 1

Easiest: A Winter’s Daydream. There’s no puzzles or choices, just keep pressing X to get to the end of this visual novel. The story is pretty mediocre too.

Hardest: Stardew Valley. Anybody who’s even attempted Fector’s Challenge knows my pain. You need enough skill to get through it as well as lucking out on the RNG dispensing coins and power ups. Like imagine Flappy Goat (the infamous Goat Simulator trophy) but in addition to getting through 10 pipes, you also had to collect 10 coins. And then the coinA spawned randomly, so you might only get like 3-4 in a level. Yeah, it suuuuucked!

• Like 2

I see a lot of My Name is Mayo, which was super easy but Jack N’ Jill DX is my fastest plat, so I’ll probably vote for that one.

Absolver is my rarest platinum, but I had a good group of fellow trophy hunters to help boost the various skills.

So I’ll vote for Just Cause 3. I rage quit on quite a few occasions due to some of the facing and wingsuit challenges, but eventually knocked that one out.

• Like 1

Easiest will go to Telltale Games as I avoid playing crap for just easy trophies, at least their games can be fun to watch while you're stressing out.

Hardest - definitely Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. You may wonder "wut? lol" but yeah, this game hasn't aged well and it was a nightmare for me to finish, especially without a tiniest bit of nostalgia.

• Like 1