PSN Flash sale US under 20$

Kalsid

8 minutes ago, visighost said:

US?... But, but, but... Canadians also have it...

May apologize to all citizens of Canada and other countries that are also included in US Flash sales. Sony has "branded" this sale to "Flash sale US" so thought it was a suitable name for this post. But we all outside of the United States know that Canada is the greater part of North America. :) 

Edited by Kalsid
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kalsid said:

May apologize to all citizens of Canada and other countries that are also included in US Flash sales. Sony has "branded" this sale to "Flash sale US" so thought it was a suitable name for this post. :) 

Have they? I don't see that branding anywhere. (Not trying to be an ass here, I wouldn't be surprised if they did seeing as Canada doesn't have its own Playstation blog and the listed prices are always in USD, but I haven't located that US-specific name)

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

No sale ever promises to be cheaper than the last sale...

...and each time I notice it, the sale with get the GARBAGE! tag from me. 

To be honest, though, it works well for me. I have a resolution to buy no games this year, so I can kill off a portion of my PS+ backlog. So, keep the garbage coming, Sony!

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

It's not that great. On the spectrum of cheap, easy trophies vs. fun gameplay, it definitely falls into the first category. 

That's disappointing. Games that give you a platinum with minimal effort are a huge turn off for me. I wanted to get the game because I remember reading reviews around when it was released that said it was very funny.

36 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

Sony seems to have worn themselves out with the holiday sales. Nothing in the weekly sales and a pretty lackluster flash sale. 

that's what some will say but i always see it a chance to fill the backlog. i use 2 sources to determine what i buy only wished more would tell the overall difficulty of the game :(. it is more of my problem.

my haul:

Dragon's Lair Trilogy (ps4) 3 games about 3.33$ each

Pixel Heroes: Byte And Magic (ps4) possible candidate for long hour RPG

Cat quest (ps4)

Horse Racing 2016 (ps4)

The Incredible Adventures Of Van Hellsing 2 (ps4)

Gnomes Garden 2 (ps4) not listed on flash sale but all deals

cat quest is listed as a possible candidate for the next gaming round. rest will be added as candidates for future rounds (minus the non-plat games) those are separate and don't count toward the total.

Edited by kingdrake2

1 hour ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

That's disappointing. Games that give you a platinum with minimal effort are a huge turn off for me. I wanted to get the game because I remember reading reviews around when it was released that said it was very funny.

It starts out hip and comedic in the first couple chapters but then it's schtick gets stale in the last half of the game.  If it still intrigues you, go for it because it's so cheap.  Once you get bored, and you will, find a trophy guide so you can finish it.

PSA:

-While Bridge Constructor is only only on sale for the PS4, it is cross-buy with Vita (yay!).

-While Mercenary Kings is more expensive for Vita than it is for PS4... it is also cross-buy, as I just found out after buying the Vita version. There's a tiny chance buying the PS4 version doesn't give you the Vita version, but... I find that unlikely.

(I also picked up Floor Kids, Masters of Anima, Gnomes Garden 2, Awesomenauts Assemble, Phantom Trigger, Road to Ballhalla and Yonder, because no backlog is ever too impressive!)

4 hours ago, visighost said:

-While Mercenary Kings is more expensive for Vita than it is for PS4... it is also cross-buy, as I just found out after buying the Vita version. There's a tiny chance buying the PS4 version doesn't give you the Vita version, but... I find that unlikely.

It might have been different before, but both show up as the same price for me.