Atlus Is Under Attack By SJW's Trying To Force Them To Change Content In "Catherine: Full Body"

Kishnabe

1 hour ago, Mendant909 said:

This is correct and was part of the initial controversy as it was translated as Vincent physically assaulting Rin in rejection, but there's a video that shows the rejection more of a slap to the hand. I was hoping the shock face would be for something stupid like she didn't trim, or the Clerks 2 route of the vagina being big and making Vincent's tag partner look small in comparison. As for why Fin is like this, it's because she's 

Reveal hidden contents

an angel/alien. I haven't looked further into that as it sounds dumb and I want to see that ending to see it's clarification.

In regards to the remake's new Catherine true ending, there's spoilers so I'll be talking about them to the best of my knowledge.

Hide contents

The shitstorm revolves around the character of Erica. In the original game she was a male friend of Vincent's group that had a sex change sometime after high school. Erica was treated as a punchline for Toby losing his virginity and this was in Katherine's true ending. In the remake Catherine time travels to the high school days and now she gets a wedding similar to Katherine from her true ending. The vitriol comes from seemingly Catherine time traveling to make Vincent and the group's lives better, but that's not confirmed due to the translation issues. There's video that people can see that Erica is Eric, meaning that he didn't go with the sex change. People thought that perhaps this wedding happened before the sex change, but nope Toby's there and he's the baby of the group, so it's present time.The thing that missed me off was seeing Katherine with Paul instead of Jonathan as that's even worse than the ending to Digimon Adventure 02 in regards to shipping couples. Paul better have a damn good reason for being with her as he was a nobody in the original and he was already in a relationship with a different woman.

Spoiler

The problem is when it comes to time travel shenanigans is that you can never be sure what's going on. It could be that Toby could be 20 or 21 when this happens, instead of 23 like the normal timeline. Also it was never established when Erica transitioned. For all we know Erica and Toby never met when he was 20 or 21 and during that time Erica transitioned in the normal timeline. In this new time line where Catherine wants Vincent to be happy maybe he met Toby earlier due to Catherine intervention and considering in the ending Erica said something along the lines of "maybe the girl you're looking for is closer than you think" establishes that Erica probably transition again soon after the wedding.

Edited by soultaker655

5 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Westerners upset with other cultures portrayal of marginalized people for the single reason that it's not the kind of portrayal they do anymore so it's looked down on.

Water is wet.

Well we are kinda the moral compass for the world after all. The virtue is strong with us, we use it like the bat signal.  :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:
  Hide contents

The problem is when it comes to time travel shenanigans is that you can never be sure what's going on. It could be that Toby could be 20 or 21 when this happens, instead of 23 like the normal timeline. Also it was never established when Erica transitioned. For all we know Erica and Toby never met when he was 20 or 21 and during that time Erica transitioned in the normal timeline. In this new time line where Catherine wants Vincent to be happy maybe he met Toby earlier due to Catherine intervention and considering in the ending Erica said something along the lines of "maybe the girl you're looking for is closer than you think" establishes that Erica probably transition again soon after the wedding.

That's the minutia that's difficult to pinpoint since some details from the original game were vague and right now we're dealing with translations that could be incorrect. Who knows if there's any further details to be gained from replaying the original game as the lore should be archived in it's wiki. I haven't heard about Erica saying that line but boy does that open another can of worms when it comes to LGBT issues. This also makes it vague as to the future status of that relationship (yet again) and now I'm wondering what other implications there can be from that time travel.

There's a lot of people saying Atlus shouldn't change anything but this whole mess is because Atlus remade the game with more adult issues, which in Erica's case may or may not get expanded upon for a second time, and seemingly continuity problems. The cherry on top is that this is spoilers territory so there are some fans that can't tackle the problems until they play it unless they don't mind being spoiled on key story components. 

Erin Fitzgerald basically confirmed the English localization will have adjusted lines in response to the western outrage. The below link will also have spoilers in relation to the ending and other in game content.

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2019/02/23/atlus-cucks-to-trans-catherine-full-body-bigotry-outrage/

Edited by fisty123

4 hours ago, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

from what i understand they're changing blatant trans-phobia out the game.

These SJWs are a pest to society, but if ATLUS makes changes to the game because they're worried they'll lose they're PR over 5 sore Tumblr users who would have not touched the game regardless of the circumstances, then they are the problem too. By the time the teaser trailer for the next Star Wars film is released, SJWs will forget this game ever existed.

Like EA suggested with Battlefield V, "If you don't like it, don't buy it." Does "sticks & stones" not matter anymore? "You rule you're life, have no one else rule yours."

I feel I should disclose, I have no issue with Trans Identity, but catering for them over the general audience/demographic for a video game (or any form of media) is as close as it gets to segregation. That's not equality, that's pure irony and hypocrisy!

You know what else is ironic? I encountered this comment posted on a YouTube video (toggle spoiler tag below) about a week or two ago. It's savage to Transgenders, but it's arguably objective,  based on 246 other users at the time I came across it..

Spoiler

rJY3An1.jpg

I should mention this isn't THE Wyatt Cheng from the loathed Diablo: Immortal announcement during BlizzCon 2018. It's a mock/parody account, with the use of real names and profile pictures done in an identical fashion to the many other accounts on YouTube. If it was really him he'd sure end up in James Gunn's situation. Remember what happened to him?

*sigh* The fun police are back in full force....

Outrage against games they will never play. PS These are GAMES, as in nobody is harmed or triggered, in fantasy land.

SJW's, we'll sap the fun out of everything else fun, because we're incapable of experiencing any of our own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

They don't seem any more phobic in their media than the West.  Tyler Perry, Will and Grace, etc lots of comic relief. 

Yeah that's how it used to be, but the West is slowly becoming more intolerant towards this kind of humour. And someone like Tyler Perry will always be allowed to do whatever he wants because he's considered oppressed, at least for now.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Yeah that's how it used to be, but the West is slowly becoming more intolerant towards this kind of humour. And someone like Tyler Perry will always be allowed to do whatever he wants because he's considered oppressed, at least for now.

Used to be? It's currently a thing in shows like Riverdale, Arrow, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Orphan Black. Whatever remark you want to make against Japanese culture can be found in Western media too. Saying the West is becoming intolerant to gay characters being funny is like saying gay characters can't be funny or the butt of jokes. .

• Like 2

Outstanding move, Atlus. Bend the knee to people who won't buy your game even if you self-censor, and alienate your existing fanbase in the process. Surely this will help ensure that the game sells well.

Not that the people in the localization team actually cares if it sells well, though. The people responsible for censoring the game would probably be delighted if Atlus lost sales - SJWs love infiltrating "problematic" companies so they can sabotage them from inside.

• Like 4