Atlus Is Under Attack By SJW's Trying To Force Them To Change Content In "Catherine: Full Body"

Kishnabe

2 minutes ago, Dorroile said:

Outstanding move, Atlus. Bend the knee to people who won't buy your game even if you self-censor, and alienate your existing fanbase in the process. Surely this will help ensure that the game sells well.

Not that the people in the localization team actually cares if it sells well, though. The people responsible for censoring the game would probably be delighted if Atlus lost sales - SJWs love infiltrating "problematic" companies so they can sabotage them from inside.

You're an anime fan, right? How has anyone infiltrated these companies? How are you not accustomed to localisations that  change the tone of themes found based on what they think works for the market and TV?

This isn't new. Stop acting out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dorroile said:

Localization does sometimes require changes, on some level, to help keep the context understandable. But when changes are made to twist the original writing, in order to stay in line with the localizer's own political opinions, then that's pretty bad. It's similar to the minor outrage over the Prison School dub a while back, where the localizers randomly inserted out-of-place dialogue about Gamergate that, obviously, wasn't present in the original.

If criticising a company's decisions qualifies as "acting out" in your book, then you should step back and ask yourself why you're so eager to dismiss anyone with concerns about the obvious political bent of the localization team at Atlus.

I dismiss nothing. My comment about you acting out means it sounds fake as hell and contrived. Full of childish trigger words like POLITICS. and GAMERGATE. Raaaaagemode!

A long time anime fan wouldn't need to treat these changes as a special case showing that localization teams have been "infiltrated". 

If anything, you're the one being dismissive of the decades of crappy localization attempts that aged up characters, removed blood, removed sex, removed death, and various other ways to tone down content in order to fit within what is acceptable to Western markets.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

So SJW's getting bored and running out of things to do and people to piss off have definitely came to the wrong industry.... the gaming industry. This is a virtual world. Nothing here is a reality so SJW's can go spend their wasted time on trying to help or break down Trumps so-called wall

• Like 2

1. Given your rampant misapplication of it, yes. 

2. Correct again. The ragemode was a parody of your comments about how some people have decided to infiltrate these weak companies for nefarious desires.

3 Did you see me claim it was okay? Nope. I merely stated that your outrage looked fake and pretends that these localization teams are doing anything noticeably different than what they've done for decades.

You haven't even been able to peg down what Atlus you mean to comment on.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, majob said:

I look forward to the day when people don't look for an excuse to become outraged about something in fictional media.

Either that or the day a meteor hits the planet and kills us all

Well, i'd like to see the gaming industry to burn to the ground after seeing junk like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Used to be? It's currently a thing in shows like Riverdale, Arrow, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Orphan Black. Whatever remark you want to make against Japanese culture can be found in Western media too. Saying the West is becoming intolerant to gay characters being funny is like saying gay characters can't be funny or the butt of jokes. .

I'm not saying it's becoming intolerant to gay characters, I'm saying it's becoming intolerant towards any kind of humour about gay people. Just look at what's happening with Family Guy - they plan to phase out gay jokes because it's too offensive, but I guess it's still alright to make fun of disabled people among others.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

The world has always been this sensitive.

Definetely not. The world at first attacked and marginalized these people because they saw them as abominations in human societies. They where gradually accepted as human beings and now human society (and first world countries do it more) is over sensitive about just anything. They are so desperate to please everyone in any circumstances that they are slowly slipping on intolerance, arrogance and lack of maturity. Here living in Mexico we have the big influence of the U.S, not always beneficial and not always healthy.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 2

On 2/26/2019 at 1:55 AM, Lucas said:

People are way too sensitive these days. Especially the ''newer'' generations (Generation Z, etc.) (which I am also part of btw). Grow up, don't be such a snowflake.

I blame my millennial peers that made a profession out of being offended and learned to weaponize peoples differences. I apologize on their behalf. 

• Like 4

On 2/24/2019 at 7:16 PM, skateak said:

yet alot of Christians are attacked still for being Christians be it verbal, physical or even killed over it.

yet alot of Muslims are attacked still for being Muslim be it verbal, physical or even killed over it.

yet alot of Gay people are attacked still for being Gay be it verbal, physical or even killed over it.

yet alot of Jewish people are attacked still for being Jewish be it verbal, physical or even killed over it.

yet alot of MAGA supporters are attacked still for being supporters be it verbal, physical or even threatened to be killed over it.

There are injustices all over the world but Trans people aren't demonized anymore than another group, depending on what part of the world you are looking at. I am not trying to be rude about this at all either so please don't take it that way. 

.....So, what was the point of your point? That the oppressed should shut up and take it? Just want to clarify, because this seems like an odd thing to bring up out of the blue, seeing as to how none of those groups listed are at the center of this.

But still, it's a good list of things that people SHOULD be outraged over, instead of this. Kinda wondering why you left democrats off the list, seeing as to how these happened in recent months. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_2018_United_States_mail_bombing_attempts

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/us/christopher-hasson-coast-guard.html

Edited by RedRodriguez87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

I think the funniest part of outrage culture is that there's an outrage culture for outrage culture.

No kidding. Even the title of this vid seems dishonest, at least going just off the info provided.

I read the article, and all it did was point out those who simply said they weren't gonna support the game with their money (which is, you know, the proper way). I saw alot of colorful language, but I didn't see any demands for anything.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, Vampirehunter145 said:

They where gradually accepted as human beings and now human society (and first world countries do it more) is over sensitive about just anything.

If we are talking about trans people, then no, this has yet to happen. Within the span of the last four years, there have numerous attempts to dehumanize trans people, be it through claiming they are suddenly unfit for military service, taking away their protection under hate crime laws, or even labeling them as pervs because of their bathroom choice (the bathroom bill).

@starcrunch061summed it up; if Atlus decides to alter the game, it'll be on them, and no one else. Other than that, this is yet another instance of the gaming communities getting riled up over something trivial, just like that whole "Ellie's lesbianism is being shoved in my face" nonsense.

Edited by RedRodriguez87
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, crauuecrauue said:

Today I learned that PSNProfiles is just a big anti-“SJW” circlejerk. Gross.

I guess it shouldn’t be too surprising from a group that cares so much about inconsequential little digital images that make a counter on their precious video game account increase.

You won't join in on our little circle?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, crauuecrauue said:

Today I learned that PSNProfiles is just a big anti-“SJW” circlejerk. Gross.

Not entierly, it’s just that those of us who find it a little hard to understand why ‘Social Justice’ could be considered a pejorative, or who recognise the appalling irony of huge swathes of Gammons getting frothy-mouthed and red-faced with rage at the drop of a hat, all the while shouting about how “snowflakes get offended too easily”, generally steer clear of these more toxic threads.

• Like 2