Borderlands 3 *Developer trailer*

Valyrious

Yeah that stream was hilariously bad. I mean come on. Restarting the video time after time only to have it fail again and again was just cringe. But when it worked, that trailer was damn good. Looks fucking awesome, and I love that Rhys from Tales from the Borderlands makes a return.

Edited by SinisterPledge

1 minute ago, Valyrious said:

Or you can buy it digitally on the PS Store, I suspect.

1 minute ago, ChiinkAzBro said:

Today’s announcements have really peaked my interest in the franchise, which order would be the best to play them in?

Borderlands 1, 2, The PreSequel, 3. Maybe Tales of the Borderlands after the PreSequel, but that's a Telltale game, so more an adventure than a shooter

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Will it be possible to play coop in remastered version?

6 hours ago, dermarx said:

Borderlands 1, 2, The PreSequel, 3. Maybe Tales of the Borderlands after the PreSequel, but that's a Telltale game, so more an adventure than a shooter

Definitely need to play Tales from the Borderlands! It's completely canon and serves as a (albeit very small) bridge to Borderlands 3. Especially considering Rhys and Fiona are in BL3...so it'd help to know who they are. Besides, to me, Tales from the Borderlands was the best game Telltale made...so it's more than worth it. 

4 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

The UHD pack better not have more trophies. Just traded in my HJC and I really dont wanna pick it up again

It's just an upgrade to add in 4K/HDR support...it won't get trophies. 

Hype meter is off the charts. Borderlands 2 is my most played game of all time. I also liked the Pre-Sequel and Tales is my favorite TT game. So 100% day1 purchase for me (i never buy something day 1 normally:D)

I also waited with B1 for the remasater since the PS3 version has not really aged super good. 

Can't wait for this - the stream was awful from a technical point of view, but it was 100% the fault of the PAX organizers. It was their tech at fault. It wasn't able to play anything in 4k which caused the jitters.

People are gonna give Randy Pitchford flak about his comment where after the 5th time there was a technical issue, he said something like 'we should have brought our own technology to play this instead of relying on PAX'. He was completely right though in this case - they would have paid PAX East organizers a tonne of money for showcasing in their convention, not to mention all of the extra visitors coming in just for the Borderlands showcase and the money they'd spend on stuff on the convention floor. Gearbox's presence was a huge boost to the PAX East convention and they couldn't even use tech that supported HD video playback.

I was pretty impressed with Gearbox folks in how they improvised, it was a bit cringe, but they kept shit going. It clearly meant alot to them to reveal B3.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

To be fair I feel exactly the same as this Opinion on Polygon. 

Trailer actually told nothing and it just feels another big DLC, it seems like literally nothing changed after these years. We’ll see when they start throwing details.

See...comments like this and Polygon, just prove you didn't actually watch the trailer. Or you're not a big enough fan to know what you were watching. 

The amount of information they threw at us in such a short time frame of a video was insane. And considering they showed off several different WORLDS (a word that also shows up more than once in the trailer) shows there's no possible way this could just be some DLC. 

The only criticism I probably agree with are the graphics. There's a clear lighting and texture upgrade...but the game doesn't look that different aesthetically from BL2 or TPS in the Handsome Collection...but I think that has something to do with the type of Cel-Shading they use. This could be on the PS7 right now and it would probably still look similar. Luckily graphics aren't important to me, so that won't hinder my enjoyment.