Devil May Cry 5 Has Ceased Development and There Is No More Content Planned

Vergil

Matt Walker, one of the producers for Devil May Cry 5, took to Twitter to answer questions from fans about the game. Unfortunately, some of the answers dash hopes about more playable characters. When asked about possible Devil May Cry 5 DLC that would make characters like Lady and Trish playable, Walker confirmed that Capcom has finished development on the game. In another comment, he confirmed that no more content is planned.

Here is the first comment from Walker on Devil May Cry 5 DLC, where he said he would have liked to have seen “the ladies playable too.”

The follow-up comment was in response to someone asking about a playable version of Vergil. Here, Walker specifically said, “Unfortunately we don’t plan on adding any more content to DMC5.” In this comment, he also noted that Resident Evil 2 was a success and he hopes to see more games in the series.

In other comments, Walker talked about other people who appeared, or rather didn’t appear, in Devil May Cry 5. First, when it came to Kyrie, she didn’t appear physically because it wasn’t in the budget.

As for Vergil, Walker explained that he doesn’t look the way people may expect due to time spent in another realm.

Sadly, Walker’s talk with fans didn’t reveal any details about the upcoming Devil May Cry anime series. As people may recall, Adi Shankar announced in November 2018 that he is working on a Devil May Cry series. When someone asked if it would be connected to Devil May Cry 5, Walker noted that he had no information to share.

Devil May Cry 5 is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/24/devil-may-cry-5-producer-says-development-has-ended-trish-and-lady-wont-be-playable/#UgO5UUj5RZJ35iCf.99

• Like 4

Wow, that's kind of a prick job.

Normally, the trade off for micro transactions being in a game is increased support for that game. Not everyone sees that as a fair trade but it is what it is. Micro transactions with nothing in return? That's a level of scum baggery usually reserved for WB games and NetherRealm. Even EA doesn't sink that low lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

23 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Good. They made a game. They released the game. Now they're going to make a different game. That's what I like to see. Hopefully more developers start doing this again.

Unless they end up releasing a Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition! :lol:

RIP to being able to play as Vergil and having actual co-op then. Oh well, it was a fantastic game anyway and it was nice to be able to experience it after waiting so long.

Now can we please, please have Dragon's Dogma 2?

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Good. They made a game. They released the game. Now they're going to make a different game. That's what I like to see. Hopefully more developers start doing this again.

I'm with you on that. No need to tack on content that lowers the overall quality of the product. No need to "support" a game with IAP/DLC that's mostly bug free. The sooner the talent can start on something new the better. I definitely don't need the entire cast playable. That is easier said than done, entire moveset with animation and balancing and sub mission/side stories. No thanks.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD

Love it. Can you really say you'd rather have a dev continue making half-baked and rushed smatterings of "new" gameplay with reused assets and mechanics (let's face it, this is what DLC typically is), or a brand-spanking new game, with fresh ideas and elements? And hey, a whole new trophy list doesn't sound bad either, huh?

More devs should follow their example. Developers face enough brutal deadlines and commitments as it is, with game quality often suffering for it. Make a good game, and then make the next one... even better, if you can!

8 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Yea I agree, even though i really want DLC there is not much more that needs to be added in this game. 

• 6 months later...

This is actually good news to me. I would love to see game devs doing simple things like this. Make a great game. Release it to the market. Move on to make something different. Instead of milking the fuck out of the same game over and over by releasing an endless amount of DLC.

• Like 3