PS PLUS MAY 2019

IBadDriverI

11 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Overcooked looks really fun, and I've only heard good things about Edith Finch. I actually prefer the smaller indie titles since players are less likely to own them than AAA games. Honestly, you're better off waiting for GOTY/complete editions of AAA games, since you'd be stuck paying full price for DLC, even if they did give us something like Spider-man or Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Would be nice if players had the option to substitute titles or receive store credit if they already own them digitally, though.

Saves you a LOT of money in your wallet if you wait a few months. 

Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be having a Complete Edition released, which gives you all the DLC and it’s cheaper than what you had to pay for the base game when it came out.

10 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I own both of these games so there is nothing on offer this month for me yet again but let's not pretend that these games aren't both excellent. Games being AAA or having a platinum are most certainly NOT indications of any sort of quality.

Say it again for the people in the back.

• Like 1

Edith Finch is one of my favourite games so I'm glad it's getting the exposure it deserves!

Kinda wish this was Overcooked 2 but I'll take what I can get.

That being said, Sony are still in my bad books. This just isn't enough for what we pay (and pay and pay even more) for :/

27 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

Say it again for the people in the back.

Plenty of people have provided suggestions to make PS+ a bit better in offering more value for what we have to pay for it. 

But nobody listens to people like myself and instead they run straight first into a wall expecting all these grand games of the past year to somehow make through as a PS+ freebie for the month. Never mind the fact that the older game lineups got cut. Never mind the price increases over the years. 

I could just as well play the 14 year old spoiled teenager who cries whenever his favorite game doesn’t make it to Plus, and cry whenever Sony has a less than desired offering of two games. 

I'll probably try both, but man the ps+ quality is just poor, we pay $70 for 12 months and get this now, for what we pay and no vita/PS3 games we should really be getting better quality ps4 games but it seems no.... obviously removing vita and ps3 makes sony drop the quality.  

Lets Hope June is better

• Like 1

For the people complaining about Overcooked being couch co-op just use Share Play. There isn't any lag unless your internet really sucks. I got the 100% through Share Play without any issues.

Both of these games are great but I get the anger of people wanting something that is more Triple A'ish. They really should give three games away if they're doing all indies. That would make up for it. Also throw in A VR title once in awhile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

The value of the subscription is additive unless you subscribe month-to-month. Games you don't like are not subtracted from any of the games you did like. The sales you don't like don't take away any savings you got from the sales you did find games to buy in.  

Claiming it isn't worth it because of a single month is myopic. 

Riiiiiight. 

Never said it wasn't worth it for one month. It hasn't been worth it all year and most of last year.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

The fact that you’re one year older than me and you’re being “triggered” by these self entitled morons speaks a lot for our generation. Then again, we were raised on Facebook and MySpace so I shouldn’t be surprised.

I'm usually the voice of reason (and still am), but it's at times when this crap keeps on coming back and back that I eventually just lose my patience and I need to call it out like it is, harsh words and all. I'm growing sick of all the unfounded protesting when a good line-up doesn't cater to people's unilateral tastes.

There's absolutely no pleasing everyone, sadly. But if you're going to complain about what you're getting on Plus, you should at least state why. So far, the only excuse I've read is because "the games have been on sale before". That logic is completely flawed because hundreds upon hundreds of games are on sale each year, and honestly, I think that's not the real reason.

The real reason is out-of-this-world expectations. Some of these kids (*) here with their ridiculous attitudes are actually expecting the biggest (and newest!) games to drop in their Plus box each month for free. So far, I've had no one tell me exactly which games they want to see on Plus this year instead, because they probably know just how much their expectations are out of proportion and they'll be mocked if they dare express them.

(*) If you're reading this as an adult, and you feel offended, you're living proof I made a valid point. Grow up and stop acting like a brat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

I'm usually the voice of reason (and still am), but it's at times when this crap keeps on coming back and back that I eventually just lose my patience and I need to call it out like it is, harsh words and all. I'm growing sick of all the unfounded protesting when a good line-up doesn't cater to people's unilateral tastes.

There's absolutely no pleasing everyone, sadly. But if you're going to complain about what you're getting on Plus, you should at least state why. So far, the only excuse I've read is because "the games have been on sale before". That logic is completely flawed because hundreds upon hundreds of games are on sale each year, and honestly, I think that's not the real reason.

The real reason is out-of-this-world expectations. Some of these kids (*) here with their ridiculous attitudes are actually expecting the biggest (and newest!) games to drop in their Plus box each month for free. So far, I've had no one tell me exactly which games they want to see on Plus this year instead, because they probably know just how much their expectations are out of proportion and they'll be mocked if they dare express them.

(*) If you're reading this as an adult, and you feel offended, you're living proof I made a valid point. Grow up and stop acting like a brat.

If some of them were living on welfare and could maybe afford a few games every year, living paycheck to paycheck, I could understand why they would be upset if the lineup happens to be obscure games, or games that most would see as less than ideal. What we pay for PS+ is less than what I have to pay for some MMOs, including World of Warcraft which continues to run on an outdated subscription plan. I have to pay more to play Runescape and gain access to member benefits, and that's just one game I'm getting as opposed to potentially 24 "free" games.

One suggestion that wouldn't bother me is re-offering the same games from years before as a sort of bonus. Which would likely fail because most older players would complain that they already obtained and played through those games. But for those of us who didn't take advantage until later on, that could be a good boon.

It's funny that we live in a time and era where we have more access to media than we ever did in the past. Practically have our Netflix lineups, Amazon Prime subscriptions, PS+ offerings, Steam Sales, Microsoft Xbox One deals and practically any modern digital service in our laps. Just have to press a few buttons and a few clicks on our remotes and we already have potential access.

And despite all this thanks to technology, we still find a way to bitch, complain, moan and whine because we're too fucking self entitled to just let a couple less than stellar games unmentioned. I can imagine some of us are well to do people who have a family and have well paid jobs who can buy practically anything they want for entertainment that's on the Playstation Store or Netflix.

We act as if we never matured past high school and some of these posts I'm reading pretty much tell the story.

Both games I wanted to play, but I held back from buying them because I knew that these would probably be free on PS+ someday. Ngl tho, by having both low-priced indie games free in the same month, the value of the month's freebies is definitely not much. I feel like a balance of one good AAA and indie game a month would look better.

23 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Both games I wanted to play, but I held back from buying them because I knew that these would probably be free on PS+ someday. Ngl tho, by having both low-priced indie games free in the same month, the value of the month's freebies is definitely not much. I feel like a balance of one good AAA and indie game a month would look better.

On average: yes. If it was all lackluster indies for the majority of the year, I'd get the backlash. Like they did for the majority of 2014, 2015 and 2016. Those had multiple line-ups each year that were straight-up yawn-inducing.

But it balances out, I feel. We got indie games this month, but #1: they're pretty good. And #2: we got The Witness and Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered back in March, and For Honor and Hitman 1 back in February. All of those games are very solid.

And considering they left out PS3/Vita games: I don't think that's just to cut costs. Back in last year, when I got the e-mail stating by March 2019 they'd be gone, I made the call that this is Sony saddling up for PS5 and that we're heading through a transitional period now. So far, it seems I was correct in making the assumption: the PS5 would supposedly have PS4 backward compatibility (another assumption that turns out to be true), and if I'd have to guess, I'm expecting the current formula to run a few years, and once the PS5 has been out for a year or two, they'll start adding the first PS5 games to the mix, bringing the total back up to four games per month.

@Aponac1987

I don't really care about the PlayStation 5 presently, and if these newer AAA open world games will continue then I will wait on it. Just like I waited on the Playstation 4 because that had a bit of a lackluster lineup at launch, and a lot of people in late 2013 were a bit more content with sticking with the PS3 for a bit longer.

I see you play a lot of games but you don't necessarily complete them in any fashion, so you're not a completionist. I have a backlog of games dating back to 2010 - 2011 that I still haven't played through so technically I'm a bit behind the times. Many of the newer games don't interest me, but regardless, I have to agree with your viewpoints.

I'm actually a little curious on what jobs you've worked at that have gotten you informed about the video game industry.

2 hours ago, Feral said:

Riiiiiight. 

Never said it wasn't worth it for one month. It hasn't been worth it all year and most of last year.

Yet, to you it's worth it to complain about something that you don't even have. Outrage culture at its finest. 

Edited by TJ_Solo

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

@Aponac1987

I don't really care about the PlayStation 5 presently, and if these newer AAA open world games will continue then I will wait on it. Just like I waited on the Playstation 4 because that had a bit of a lackluster lineup at launch, and a lot of people in late 2013 were a bit more content with sticking with the PS3 for a bit longer.

I see you play a lot of games but you don't necessarily complete them in any fashion, so you're not a completionist. I have a backlog of games dating back to 2010 - 2011 that I still haven't played through so technically I'm a bit behind the times. Many of the newer games don't interest me, but regardless, I have to agree with your viewpoints.

I'm actually a little curious on what jobs you've worked at that have gotten you informed about the video game industry.

I've got such a huge backlog at this point, that I need to make decisions on what games to complete. But I do try to fill in the gaps with older games and finish them (and if possible, platinum them).

I worked at smaller and bigger outlets over the years, both local and international. And most of my experiences have been positive to very positive in the industry.

Noooooo these games do not have a platinum so they're not worth aaaaaanything!

Whaaaaaat? A walking simulator??? What the hell Sony, don't you know that I personally do not enjoy walking simulators at all????

Oh it would have been Metal Gear Survive otherwise? Nah, I do not like that one either, Jim Sterling told me it sucks ass.

What? No way!!! God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 both this month? What the hell Sony, I already bought those myself MONTHS ago!!

• Like 1

Meh, what a PS+ free game month

What Remains of Edith Finch

Purchased this back in October 2017

Funny thing is, I've been looking at my backlog recently and had plans to play this

with other PS+ games in my backlog in August when I'm off for a few weeks.

Overcooked

I'll grab it for the sake of it

Might end up playing it in a few years.

The games on offer this month both seem pretty nice and i personally feel like the overall reaction on here has been a little unfair.

that being said no way i’m renewing my sub for this lol

Edited by Happy

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Yet, to you it's worth it to complain about something that you don't even have. Outrage culture at its finest. 

This will surprise you but people are allowed to not like things and it's not illegal. Shocking I know. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bojuka76 said:

I personally think these games look fine... is no platniums the reason you guys hate these games so much? Overcooked is a pretty fun party game, and while Edith Finch is a walking sim, it falls into the more Datura-like game. By that I mean, actually interesting

I am disappointed because I already own Edith Finch and I will likely never play Overcooked as I almost never have people over to play games with me. Perhaps I will download it at my sister's house and play with my nephew. 

52 minutes ago, Feral said:

This will surprise you but people are allowed to not like things and it's not illegal. Shocking I know. 

And that's where the line proves to be very thin, indeed.

Tastes differ. But that doesn't condone burning down the entire line-up - consisting of good games, mind you - just because it doesn't cater to your tastes.